December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After about 9 weeks of nightly use I have finished a tube of this serum and figured I can now give it an honest review. I am 31 and have some fine lines on my forehead and suffer from moderate hormonal acne. A friend of mine who is an esthetician recommened that I use a retinol product to combat both my fine wrinkles and acne so I decided on this Neutrogena product due to price and the fact it can be bought almost anywhere. I got my tube at Target for around $21USD which I feel is pretty afordable for skincare. I like the packaging. It comes in a tube with a pump, but I will say that as I got to the end of the tube it was difficult to get the last bits out. It has a light floral scent which is ok but I would prefer if it didn't have any added fragrance. The texture is a bit different than I am used to for a serum. It is gel like and thicker than any other serum I have tried. But it applies very smoothly and sinks into my skin quickly without feeling greasy or heavy. It also wears well under makeup. I didn't experience any irritation, just some very mild dryness for the first week or 2. Unfortunately, my fine forehead wrinkles haven't diminished one bit. On the bright side, my acne has decreased! I used to get 2-4 large cystic bumps every month that would take at least a week to heal and those are almost a thing of the past. My skin does feel a bit smoother than before and maybe a tiny bit more even. I just wish it was making a difference in my wrinkles. I will probably buy this serum again and continue to use it just for the benefit of my acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for those having never used a retinol. I've never ventured into Retinol products but knew at age 47 that it was past time. I don't have wrinkles but I do have a lots of hyperpigmentation.
Generally I don't use many drugstore brands but knew this would have a low enough concentration for a beginner Retinol product.
What luck!! Literally the next mornng I could see a difference. The most noticeable improvements were that my pores were gone, my skin looked so smooth and puffiness below my eyes had decreased. I've been using it morning and night and am now on day 4.
This morning, I noticed that I was beginning to regain my natural glow.
So far haven't seen much of my hyperpigmentation diminish but I'm so thrilled with the other results that I could care less!
The feel is very light and it sinks in quickly. Perfect for layering under moistiruzer/sunscreen.
I will religiously use this and then probably move up to somehting with a higher concentration.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Angel70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a "cosmetic-counter skeptic" on steroids usually, but in an effort to get my skin nice before I celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary at 43, I thought "why not?" So I've been diligently using Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish treatment and Neutrogena's Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum. I have had some promising results at the 2-week mark here. I am usually very oily and blemish-prone. This is the best moisturizer as it provides a protective barrier against acne-causing bacteria. I have tried so many treatments and ended it with little to no effects. I am very happy and will be continuing this for some long time to come. I think I can ditch the foundation now!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like putting this on my bare skin at night. I let it absorb for a few minutes, then apply moisturizer. I finished the entire bottle after a few months of nightly use. I don't see a dramatic difference in my fine lines, but I noticed that my skin felt smoother and brighter in the morning. Whatever it's meant to do -- it worked for me. I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this serum, use it every day morning, put my advanced restoratives spf 30 over it in the morning and my makeup glides smoothly over it, find I need less makeup, my skin tone is greatly improved, my pores are smaller and clearer, and I simply adore this serum. I use a different serum at night (Clinique radiance renewer)....I hope they never stop making this serum!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by exer2b4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought product to help primary for wrinkles on forehead. Have now almost completed entire container with absolutely no results. It definitely does not do what advertisement and packaging claim.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by adara260

I've been using this product now for two weeks and I had to write a review because I've seen a noticeable difference in skin tone and clarity. Last night I glanced my face in a window reflection and did a double take because my skin looked like I had foundation on it! Thats HOW GOOD THE RESULTS ARE!

Some background, I've used several Neutrogena retinol products and prescription retinol products to treat my acne which is caused by clogged pores. I find the retinol chemically exfoliates my skin eliminating my blackheads and or making them much easier to extract. I've found awesome success with various Neutrogena products, check out my other reviews.

This product has worked the quickest for me. The other Neutrogena products took a month to see results. This serum is scented, but it doesn't bother me. It's not moisturizing in the least so you will need to put a moisturizer over it if your skin is dry. It actually dries down to a really dry texture, so if you have really oily skin like me you'll love it.

Overall: You will see rapid results with this product. This product helped with my blackheads and has improved my blemish/scar ridden complexion. I thought I had foundation on, and did a double take! The packaging is superior to the other Neutrogena products I've used. It protects its efficacy and is sanitary. LOVE!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pls see my reviews for the night and day moisturizer....same goes for the serum it's really great!!! A+++++

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

Nice smell, if you like florals. Non-greasy and leaves skin with a nice, very sutble natural looking pearl radiance. No breakouts or sensitivity. I liked this product, but sadly I did not see any improvement after 8 weeks of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Susisu

So far I've been using this for 5 days, but had to write a review because I'm already seeing a nice difference in my skin.

I'd been using the Roc from Costco for ages, and didn't really get results from that, so was feeling like retinol was a bit hocus pocus.

Enter this serum (which I decided to try based on reviews here, thank you!!). I've seriously noticed a difference already!! My skin feels very very smooth to the touch. I have exfoliated regularly in the past, stopping now so that I don't traumatize my skin too much, but have never had smoothness like this from exfoliation. On top of that, my wrinkles are reduced, and my skin tone looks very good.

We'll see how it goes, but for now, this is awesome.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No