July 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Styling Products - Carol's Daughter - Chocolat Smoothing Blow Dry Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mcox18

After seeing a demonstration at a trade show here in Charlotte, I decided to purchase the starter kit. I washed my hair the following week and was really excited. That turned to immediate disappointment and then frustration. My hair tangled and knotted to no end. It has never been as knotted as it was after using the whole line. I could barely get the comb or brush through my hair. It took twice the amount of time to dry my hair and once it was dry there was 10x the amount of hair. I do have naturally thick hair that is relaxed, but it did not look like I had any sort of relaxer in my head. I then had to flat iron all of this extra hair in smaller pieces just to get it to a manageable size. My hair has not shown the luster or sheen that I saw at the trade show and it continues to get tangled very easily.

I will not be purchasing or recommending this product at all. Be warned! It may be good for some, but was awful in mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Missa82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this product at a Sephora as a 100pt bonus, and I am totally in love with it. I have long thick, slightly coarse hair and my ends are dry. I normally use a tiny amount (more like a pea-size rather than the recommend dime-size) after I have diffused my hair for about 3 minutes - so my hair is slighty damp, not soaking wet. After my hair is dry, I will go back in with another tiny amount and focus on any dry or frizzy ends and smooth out flyaways. I keep the sample size at my desk for those days that I airdry my hair, so it really helps tone down the frizz on my waves. I have repurchased the full size - I feel like a little goes a long way, so that justified the price for me. (Lastly, the smell is kind of crazy awesome - hard to describe, but is not overwhelming/lingering for those who are sensitive to smell)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kpharm2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this from Sephora, and I love it! I have long, thick, color-treated hair that can be pretty hard to manage. This stuff makes my hair super-soft and shiny without being weighed down or greasy. But beware: do NOT use a ton of it! If you do, your hair will end up a greasy gunked-up mess. The bottle says to use about a dime-sized amount, and that's about right even for my extremely long hair. If you have shorter or medium length hair, you probably shouldn't even use that much.

The only reason I docked a lippie and won't be purchasing a bottle is because of the price. I'm a broke college kid, so at $22 for a tiny bottle it's something I can (and will) live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by DebbieF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thin, fine color treated hair that tends to be dry and curly. I really like this product. It makes my hair smoother when I blow dry it and then use a straightening iron. It also is supposed to offer some protection from the straightening iron. It does not feel oily and does not weigh my hair down. I would highly recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a good-sized sample of this with 100pts from Sephora. So glad I didn't spend money it. I have color-treated hair that I usually let air-dry, but decided to blow dry it so I could try this stuff out. It's supposed to smooth hair out and get rid of frizzies. Well, it left my hair frizzier than normal and with a sticky film on it. So my hair feels a gross combo of dried out and slimy. Even worse, it also has a REALLY strong perfumey scent that's irritating my sinuses. No idea why it's called "chocolat". The regular size is $22. Don't waste your money! I've used about a trillion cheap drugstore products that worked much better and didn't give me a headache.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rachelelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Oh, I don't think this is as bad as the previous review, but after reading the reviews on Sephora's site and my own experiences I think you have to have a very specific kind of hair for it to work. I have long, super thick, coarse hair that used to be very dry and is now a bit more oily (thanks hormones!). I'm one of those people who washes my hair with baking soda and conditions with apple cider vinegar and this stuff only works when I skip the "conditioner". I have tons of hair and I use a tiny, tiny amount, like a dime. It makes it very smooth, soft, manageable and straight. If I use it on a day when I use conditioner/ACV, it does gunk up my hair and makes it look dirty. So I think if you have lots of really dry hair this would be perfect. For me it's great as long as I remember to skip the ACV and not use too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This stuff is the absoloute WORST product I've ever put in my hair. That's strong for me to say. It is literally the equalvalent to putting straight up glue in your hair, especially after it dries. This made my hair take 10 times longer to style/straighten. In the middle of straightening my hair with this gunk in it, I eventually got fed up & I stopped what I was doing, turned on my shower, & jumped right back in to wash all this gunk out of my hair. So, I basically had to start all over again. Not something I was happy about doing. This was so terrible I immediately had to make a review on this to potentially save someone else from buying this & making the same mistake I did. This made my hair frizzier, not smooth or shiny, DID NOT help me in the process of straightening my hair, & made my hair uncontrollably unmanageable. For reference, I have naturally wavy/curly thick hair, which I usually straighten. So an amazing smoothing cream is vital. Unfortunately, this isn't it. I'll stick to my HG Silky Sexy Hair control creme. It smells & works 100000000 times better. This cream also smells nasty. Idk what it is, but it smells too sweet. When it's in your hair, the smell gets worse. I was getting naseous just from the smell alone, & for the fact that I spent $22 on this crap. Thanks to Sephora's great return policy, I returned this & got my money back. I definitely will not be making that mistake again.