October 22, 2014 | 1478 users online

Cleansers - 365 Everyday Value Daily Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

Afraid I have to add yet another bad review of this product.

I bought it because I was looking for a plain, simple cleanser with no bells or whistles. This seemed promising, but no love connection here.

Firstly, the smell. Whole Foods insists on the label that what you're smelling is "natural fragrance." I would be interested in knowing where it's coming from, because not only is the smell too strong, but it is overwhelmingly synthetic smelling. And not like a nice, clean synthetic smell, but rather a "chemical-factory-meets-fake-flowers" smell. Vaguely floral, but in a pungent, entirely wrong sort of way. Blech. I'm actually not one to be picky with product smells, but I could barely handle this one after a couple of weeks.

Second, the bottle. The bottle is nice enough and the pump locks, which is great. But unless you depress the pump very slowly and carefully, product will shoot out of it and hit you in the chest/torso, or at the very least, get all over your counter. I'm no pump-depressing expert, but I'm pretty sure I've pumped a product or two in my day, and I don't think this has anything to do with me.

Third, the product itself. It's a clear gel that is on the thin/liquidy side. It will foam (more than Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser, if you're looking for the obvious comparison). It seems to remove light to moderate (non-waterproof) makeup fairly well and didn't leave my skin feeling especially dry or tight. However, it does leave a film behind, and I believe it began to clog my pores because I experienced more breakouts than usual when I was using this. They cleared up as soon as I switched to another cleanser.

Lastly, sensitive skin users beware! I do not have sensitive skin at all, but something in this began to sting my skin after the first week. It never seemed to cause a rash or redness, but there would be an unpleasant tingling/warming sensation when I would use it. Once it appeared, it happened every time I cleansed with this. This has only ever happened to me with Cetaphil's cleansers and now this one. I can't imagine how it would feel on actually sensitive skin.

I am using up the large bottle as a hand wash in the bathroom. Will not put it on my face again, and won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Braden123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to thank the others who put out the warning about the harshness of this product. I was using it and my skin was looking very dry and more wrinkled. I wasn't connecting the dots that it was the cause until I read others experience. I was lulled into complacency because it's supposed to be more natural than other cleansers. But, there is an ingredient in it that's does cause irritation according to a review on the whole foods website that you can reference. I also experienced the burning sensation after using it. I couldn't get moisturizer put on fast enough. So, unfortunately, a well priced product that looks good on paper, is really not a good choice for anyone with dryer skin especially.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by WoodlandDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Whole Foods because it's advertised as the "natural" alternative to Cetaphil, claims to thoroughly clean normal to oily skin without over-drying, and is extremely inexpensive for the amount you receive. I returned it because it burned my skin like crazy! I don't have overly-sensitive skin, but my skin (especially nose and forehead) stung as though I had been badly burnt by the sun when washing my face with this.

Ingredients: Water, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, sodium cocoamphoacetate, glycerin, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sodium citrate, citric acid, natural fragrance, panthenol

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried the gentle version many months ago and the normal/oily skin one for the past few weeks cuz I hoped it would be better than the gentle but it wasn't. they both caused weird clear bumps on my cheeks that weren't acne. guess clogged oil bumps or allergy?? Not comedies. there were months in between using the gentle and the normal one where I used other products do I know these were the cause cuz I didn't have those bumps using other products. :/ shame. guess its a common ingredient in each that my skin hates.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for the lotion cleanser. I saw this at Whole Foods and decided to try it as it looked like a natural version of original Cetaphil. I planned on using this lotion-based cleanser in the shower in the mornings as opposed to in the evenings (I like a gel/foaming cleanser to remove makeup in the evening). The consistency was not at all like Cetaphil; it was more like a body lotion. Initially I liked the way it felt when I was rubbing on my face, and then maybe 10 seconds into washing, I felt an awful burn...a burn I have never felt with a cleanser before. I did try it again the following day to see if it was a fluke occurrence (and I'm always a sucker for second chances), but the same burn again. Ouch. Bummer...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser is packaged to look like Cetaphil, and is marketed as a more natural alternative. I haven't used it long, but just wanted to share: This is not the same as Cetaphil. It doesn't have the thicker (excuse me) snot-like consistency that I actually like in Cetaphil, and it lathers on the skin. It feels fine and seems gentle enough, just not what I was looking for. But the price is great for a more natural face wash!