Chanel En Vogue #447 Rouge Coco Shine

4.2

on 3/6/2013 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Part of the 2012 spring/summer collection, this colour oozes SUN, BEACH & spring time.
I like the sheer quality & heavy moisturising aspect of this lipstick however I would classify it as a gloss more than a lipstick. You cannot get opaque coverage with this.
Its a lovely coral colour with hints of pink. I sometimes use this on my cheeks too!!
Recommended, however not highly recommended!

on 8/5/2012 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a quality shine that comes in a convenient package. The color looked wonderful, slightly orangy or coral in the tube and when first added to my pale lips it gave me a lovely, cool rosy touch of colour, Then, after applying it again it changed completely to pink, and I'd say to bright pink, which was not my choice of color at all.
The hydration worked wonderfully and the texture was just right, moisturizing and light and felt like I had nothin at all.
The color changing on my lips was the only disappointment.

Edit: It might be, that my skinīs ph changes color make up like blush or lip color into colder pink. I recently found out this. On my mom the colour was lovely and subtle.

on 6/29/2012 10:03:00 PM

I thought I would never buy a Chanel coco shine because whenever I see swatches, even though I love super moisturizing lipsticks and most of them tend to be on the sheer side, coco shines look even sneered and would do nothing for my pigmented lips. I usually get clarins jolie rouges but I've found a new love or at least for this particular shade. I was surprised en vogue actually shows up as a coral shade on my lips. It is super moisturizing like the clarins but the texture is lighter. Great spring summer shade. I purchased this after watching Lisa Eldridge's video and it showed up quite bright on her which convinced me to even try them. I hope Chanel will make more pigmented ones like these because I just love the feel. As for the longevity, most moisturizing lipsticks such as these really don't last long but if you're like me whose lips tend to get really dry, I would recommend trying them. Also this shade applied smooth and doesn't accentuate any dry patches.

Part of the new Summer 2012 makeup collection.
Packaging is classy as expected, color is amazing, so juicy and summery, the perfect coral!
Lasting power is not good as this is a shiny lipstick with a gloss finish.
I would not buy again because i have many similar lipsticks from other brands, the Chanel is a bit nicer but not that big different in proportion with the price.

on 5/2/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I actually like this color I saw reviews from other site. It is a sheer color as most of the colors from the rouge coco shine line with gold ans maybe copper flecks thoughout. You can add a sheer gloss on top to bring it out if you like. I think it works very well with the Calypso gloss in this same summer 2012 collection, it POPS! If you like soft coral you will love it as I do. I dont like the price on these bc I find I do have to apply it more often than the regular line lippies from Chanel.

Popular Lipsticks