By Kilian Amber Oud

4.4

on 1/12/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'll be the naysayer here, but I wish to be clear that although this fragrance didn't work for me, it is well crafted. On my skin, I got a huge, lingering burst of benzoin that went on and on. When that finally calmed a bit (after 2-3 hours), I was able to detect some oud, a bit of unpleasant bay leaf, and amber. I never smelled the vanilla note, which was disappointing. However, it did last a long time (24 hours+) on me, and the sillage was impressive. A great fragrance, but not for me.

on 8/3/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really liking this a lot! The first impression i got was actually a rootbeer float, but then it settles into a beautiful, spicey warm amber! Lovin'' it!! :)

on 4/7/2013 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Amber Oud definitely deserves a sideways thumb. First, as other reviewers pointed out, the oud is barely detectable and doesn’t even show up until at least 30 minutes into the drydown and even then, the castrated oud meekly waves a hand in protest of the giant benzoin troll dominating the party. Finally, pleasant boozy amber takes over after the troll stops farting and a hint of bay leaf darts in and out. Overall, AO is a high quality fragrance, although I wouldn’t say that it is worth the ridiculous price, especially considering that AO seems slightly generic. If you enjoy heavy duty benzoin bombs (for example, Chergui) then this will probably be your cup of tea. If you like your oud prominent and challenging, then look elsewhere.

3/5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love! Amber Oud is phenomenal. The balance is really great...not too much amber or oud...just enough of each so that they balance one another out nicely. It's bold and sexy with a huge sillage. Wish I could afford a bottle!

on 2/2/2013 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful creamy amber oud fragrance. Extremely well blended, it smells warm and luxurious on my skin. I agree that the oud is not the standout note in this creation, but it is definitely present, surrounded by amber, vanilla and tonka. Lasting power and sillage are very good. Amber Oud is a perfect cool weather scent. As all Kilian fragrances, this is quite expensive, but a worthy splurge in beautiful packaging - and yes, I will repurchase.

I only smell a little oud in the opening, but it quickly fades. Then amber with incense and smokey notes. And at last it settles to a warm vanilla in the vein of L'Artisan's Vanille Absolument. Hard core oud fans may be disappointed, lovers or orientals may rejoice.

on 6/23/2012 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on delicious sticky, buttery amber with a faint wood note, then dries into a lovely vanilla oud, with the amber a faint background note. Very much as advertised and lovely.

Popular Fragrances