December 21, 2014 | 1772 users online

Cleansers - SkinnyGirl - Facial Cleansing Cloths

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by karina0718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

These wipes are so terrible in terms of quality. I love thick wipes (my favorite in the entire world which I will never stop using are the Korres milk protein wipes) that can withstand me wiping my makeup off...these wipes if you tug or pull them a bit, they begin to feather out and tear and you can see the micro holes in the material. Just really thin, not to mention they are small in size. I literally don't finish wiping my whole face before I run out of clean space on the wipe.

Ok..so the smell is nauseating to me!!! (insert throwing up face). Um...aloe and cucumber like the package says? No..they literally smell like this heavy strong artificial candy scent. Sooo sweet! Not what I want to hit my nostrils right before bed...just a super tacky gross smell - think air refreshener. Not soothing or relaxing. I seriously would dread thinking about using these every night. Thank God I found these for $2.99 at a Marshall's...I'm gonna finish the pack and use these for removal of my eye makeup only. Like I mentioned earlier I highly recommend Korres wipes they are from all natural products and are so soothing and gentle yet the quality is INCREDIBLE (they are $12.99 a pack so you get what you pay for). Each wipe feels like a thick soft towlette loaded with moisture.

Sorry Bethany, but you should stick to Real Housewives and cocktails girl!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I love makeup removing wipes for quick, easy, one-step makeup removal. I picked these up on my last trip to Wal-Mart because they were marked down and I needed new makeup wipes, even though I wasn't expecting too much from a "celebrity" cosmetics line. (I wonder if SkinnyGirl is getting dropped by Wal-Mart? At my store everything was at least $1 off, and I noticed most of the products are out of stock online...)
Anyway, these are alright, but far from the best. The first thing I noticed was the light, cucumber scent. I think the wipes smell nice, but the scent might turn you off if you're not into cucumbers. The second thing I noticed was how thin these are! These cloths are super thin, to the point that I can actually see through them in some spots. Even generic store-brand makeup wipes are more cushiony than these. I wish they would have been quilted and a little softer.
As far as removing makeup, these do a decent job. They're not the best for removing stubborn eye makeup like liner and mascara -- it takes a few good rubs to get it all off. For foundation and other face products, it seems to do well, but it's definitely not 100% thorough. One thing I didn't like is that I noticed a burning sensation when I used these around my eyes. Not stinging in my actual eyeball, but a hot, tingly feeling around the delicate eye area.
I'll use these up, but they're not my favorite. I'm just glad these haven't dried out my skin or caused any weird breakouts!