October 25, 2014 | 1280 users online

Polishes - Lancome - Vernis in Love - Corail in love (105M)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Plus - I am really bad at applying nail polish and this one is just so easy to apply. I have no problems with that, it lasts long time, looks beautifully done,
Minus - The packaging is a bit off as I can't properly close the lid sometimes and it just does not look nice for a product that costs 13.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Ljana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vernis In Love is Lancome's latest nail polish line, released to accompany the new(ish) Rouge In Love lipsticks. As far as I can tell, the shades correspond to each other pretty closely, so it should be easy to match lipstick to nail polish. Both lines are supposed to appeal to younger consumers and are hence moderately priced - well, by Lancome's standards anyway. On the downside, the bottles contain only 6 ml of product, compared to Chanel's 13 ml and OPI's 15 ml, so the 15 euros I paid for this doesn't work out to be such a good deal after all - even allowing for the fact that Lancome is a luxury brand, Chanel Vernis turns out to be cheaper per ml.
Performance-wise, I'm very happy with it. It doesn't chip or peel on me any more than other polishes and I use a humble Maybelline top coat, so no fancy sealers etc. The formula is fairly thin and dries quickly, doesn't bubble up or streak. In short, the polish is a dream to apply and the flat brush (described in the previous review, so no need to repeat) helps a lot. I find I need two coats for full opacity. If I apply a third coat, it seems that the color darkens a bit, so I generally avoid it.
Ah, the color. That's what drew me in, of course. It's the perfect medium pinkish coral. I love that it doesn't pull orange on me and doesn't scream, but it's still bright, cheerful and summery. Looks great on toes as well as hands. The finish is pretty glossy on its own, but I do apply the aforementioned clear top coat for longevity.
The deducted lippy is solely for the price/quantity ratio, but otherwise I love this. I'm not really big on nail polish and I'm happy with having half a dozen or so staples. If I notice I'm not using something, I'll pass it on someone else before it dries out. This, however, is there to stay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE 22/5/2012
I am changing my review on this polish as I am really disappointed. I applied it for only the second time, and within a day it had chipped. It was peeling by the end of day one, so I removed it. Because it is a thin formula, to get a really smooth even finish you have to use three coats. This means that after only two wears, I am down almost a quarter of the bottle, which is just not good.
All in all, I love the colour and I love the brush on this polish (somehow the brush makes for really easy, foolproof neat application) but other than that, I am just not happy.

First off, I am reviewing this immediately after first application. I will update once I have worn it a while and comment on wearability. For now though.....
.....The colour of this polish is perfection. I have been looking for the perfect coral polish for ages - I have OPI, Maybelline, Marvala, Rimmel, Accessorize, Orly - so many! I love coral polishes for summertime, but I have been particularly looking for one that was on the pinker side of coral for my wedding, as I am not a massive fan of French polish. This is the one!
I wouldn't normally spend this much money (12) on a nail polish, as I chop and change with nail colour so often I don't mind if the staying power is not so great, but when I saw the colour of this I had to have it. I have just applied it (over L'Oreal base coat) and it applied like a dream. The brush is very flat and quite wide - not as wide as the Bourjois Un Seconde brush which is too wide for my little fingers - but wide enough that I can get full coverage in three strokes. The flatness of the brush means that even though my nails are super short right now, I haven't got any polish on the skin around. The bottle is small and pretty with the Lancome rose in the corner and the brush is easy to hold.
The actual polish is pretty thin - I initially applied two coats but once I got in the light it wasn't opaque so I applied another. It has applied really smoothly with no bubbles.
I am ecstatic I have found (for now) my HG coral polish! Just wish husband-to-be had told me before now he would prefer me to have bare nails for the wedding!