Burt's Bees Wings of Love Powdered Facial Tissues [DISCONTINUED]

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/16/2010 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't use blotting papers all the time, but they are great to have for those warm days. If you don't have super-oily skin, it will leave a residue, so I sometimes use these instead of packing a powder compact because the package is much smaller. The light pink powder is a perfect match for me, and I definitely recommend this to anyone else living in pasty-pink-can't-find-powder-or-foundation land.

on 6/6/2008 5:56:00 PM

I was reading the other reviews and found that if you have really oily skin this product works perfectly because all the powder absorbs the power.

if your skin is dry and you don't produce that much oil for the powder to absorb it leaves some powder on your face when you use it

over all its not a bad product and I'm definitely looking forward to buying this again.

on 11/28/2007 6:01:00 PM

These are a quick, easy way to mop up excess oil from your face without adding more makeup which can start to look muddy by the end of the day. The only thing I don't like about these sheets is the fine white powder it leaves behind that I have to dust off. Other than that, these are great.

on 7/14/2007 4:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this product, contrary to what most others say here. I have been using these for quite a while now, and I have very oily skin. I am also fair, so the powder blends right in. Great product!

on 12/28/2006 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best three dollars I've ever spent! I have normal skin, but my forehead runs a bit oily. After blotting my forehead twice a day for the last month, my skin is clearer and less oily. Unlike other blemish/acne treatments, this products offers effective preventative care.

on 9/22/2006 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I think I must be the only person here who actually likes this product! They are inexpensive and the packaging is small and easy to carry. The package will fit in a pocket or in the tiniest of clutch handbags, and is easier to carry when you don't have room for a big compact. The powder is very white (it is their vanishing facial powder, after all) but if you're pale like me, you'll have no issues with that. They are great for maintaining a matte finish on the go. I do need to use these in front of a mirror just in case I get too much powder in one spot, or end up blotchy. They're also nice for blotting lipstick.

HORRIBLE. I got these in a Burt's Bees starter kit in highschool. I remember sitting in English class, and decided to try discreetly try one for the first time (I sat at the back of the class). I used it without a mirror, thinking it was going to be like using a Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheet. I was soooo wrong. My then-boyfriend looked at me and burst out laughing, and when I looked in my compact mirror there was a hideous mess of chalky powder all over my forehead and cheeks. It was difficult to blend or wipe off. Awful, terrible product. AVOID THIS!

on 4/29/2006 8:52:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees, but these are AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! Left a pinkish-white tinted powder almost as powder as all-purpose flour on my forehead. DREADFUL. You'd have better luck adding baby powder to tissue paper on your own over using this, lol.
Body Shop and Estee Lauder make MUCH better ones! DO NOT BUY!

on 4/29/2006 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Agree, these are not good. I thought the paper was too stiff and they just don't work that well. The best oil blotting sheets I've tried are The Body Shop ones.

on 1/6/2006 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

These tissues left a white powder on my face. You're much better off using the Clean & Clear sheets. I'll use the Burt's Bees tissues when I'm in for the night and no one is going to see me (I'll finish the pack so that I don't feel like I completely wasted money). I'll use Clean & Clear when I'm going somewhere.

Popular Treatments (Face)