Burt's Bees gud Vanilla Flame Natural Nourishing Shampoo

2.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/15/2013 10:52:00 PM

I got this shampoo and the matching conditioner for dirt cheap at Walgreens. It was already on clearance plus it had an extra coupon attached. There was a reason this was on sale. It is horrible. It doesn't lather well, doesn't smell good and makes my hair a dry yet greasy mess. I kept using it for a couple weeks in hopes that maybe it would somehow get better, maybe I just wasn't giving it a fair shot. No this stuff is still terrible. It was amazing how much better my hair looked and felt once I went back to Garnier Triple Nutrition. Unfortunately this shampoo is headed for the trash.

on 12/15/2012 2:36:00 AM

This shampoo is terrible. Would not recommend it. Left hair greasy and gross. The smell is nice, but not worth the feeling.

on 8/25/2012 1:11:00 PM

I've only used this stuff twice and I'm throwing it out. It leaves my hair looking and feeling oily and disgusting. This is the worst shampoo I've ever used.

on 7/16/2012 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this shampoo. My dry, itchy, flakey scalp is GONE. It really soothes my scalp & cleans my hair well. I enjoy the scent too. I use this in conjunction with the conditioner and my hair looks wonderful. I will continue to repurchase this and try the other scents.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I normally wouldn't buy a shampoo with an ingredient that even resembles sulfates but I had just heard that coco-sulfate (included in this shampoo) is much gentler than SLS and I readily pretended like I believed this in hopes of having good smelling hair that would wow my husband.

I didn't notice the coco-sulfate stripping or drying out my hair. Instead, the shampoo left a waxy buildup on my hair upon first use which made it feel sticky and straw-like. I didn't notice any silicones in the ingredients but there's SOMETHING in there. My hair is not picky; I shampoo daily and only condition my ends about once a month.

The smell also didn't stick around so my initial goal failed. In all, I found nothing good about this shampoo.

Popular Shampoos