April 18, 2014 | 1790 users online

BB Cream - Boots - 17 - BB Blemish Balm; All In One Magic Make-up

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by milkwithonesugar

I have been using this for a couple of months, and it has lived up to its claims and cleared my skin, after years of trying to find something that would work! The only downside is the colour range, the lightest is a bit too dark for my winter pale skin, although OK when I have a little colour (it does blend well though). I love the No 7 foundation colour range, and am normally a Calico in winter and a Cool Vanilla in summer. I find the coverage is better than some of the foundations, definitely more coverage than the No 7 foundations labelled as medium - its not quite as full as the No 7 Beautifully Matte foundation (their fullest coverage one). This BB cream is SPF 25 and you can tell, as it has a bit of a greasy feel, but this seems to disappear after wearing for a bit. I use it like a moisturiser after splashing my face with warm water in the morning, and is perfect for my combination skin. I went to a No 7 foundation for a better colour match and the spots started to return, so back on the BB cream but only sparingly applied. Bring out a Extra Light version, Boots, and I will buy a lifetime supply!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Grace14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is fantastic. I use this with the 17 powder & the primer. It stays on ALL DAY. I tend to top up on the powder around lunch but the bb cream is brilliant.
I haven't noticed any break-outs, I think it really might do what it says & improve your skin.
The coverage is the only thing I have a problem with, but not so bad that I would mark it down as the coverage I was expecting was foundation-level, but I got an excellent BB-level coverage.
Would definitely recommend this - lasts for ages too, I've had it about two months now & used a fair amount every day. So worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by fashionfeverish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love LOVE this BB cream!! I was tempted by the positive reviews and the fact that its only £6.99 in Boots. I have tried many of the Korean brands of BB cream, including Hanskin, Skin79 and Missha and have always stayed away from any European/US versions simply because they arent a patch on the Korean true BB creams and reviews tend to be negative. Well I take it all back!! For ref I am v fair with blonde hair and blue eyes. I got the shade light and colour match was excellent. texture was a thick cream, a little hard to blend but coverage is brilliant so this is only a minor gripe. The BB cream easily covered my redness and dark circles. Coverage is medium to full for sure, depending on application method. I use a beauty blender and achieved a beautiful airbrushed effect. Wears well throughout the day and retains coverage without going patchy. Even better, it has an SPF25. I find this cream to be very similair to Korean brands as it aims to improve your skin, gives good coverage as well as a high SPF. I got it while an offer for 2 products for £8 was running but at a price of £7 normally, the price and coverage of this product are unbeatable.Try it, you wont regret it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by maggiejj

I am 40 with generally good, normal skin. I have tried quite a few BBs, although admittedly none in the 'premium' range yet.

LOVE it, and am on my second tube. Garnier BB cream in medium was too dark for me, but 17 medium is perfect. It blends in really easily, makes me look dewy without oiliness.

Highly recommended, especially for the price. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Charbra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many bb creams, they seem to all be either orange or don't cover enough to justify not just getting a tinted moisturiser instead. Infact most makes of bb cream actually had NO coverage, I would put some on one side of my face, and compare it to the other trhoughout the day. I suffer with mild rosacea so any coverage would have been noticeable.
So this was my last try before I gave up completely, as I'm not a huge make up wearer I didn't want to buy any higher end ones (above 20 :P )
This product is amazing! covers beautifully! Ok when I have a spot it won't cover it fully but that's not what a bb cream is meant for :)
I have oily skin and bought the one for oily/normal, I've not had any shiny greasyness and it lasts alll day! not to mention you barely have to use any as it spreads so well.
It also takes the edge of the paleness of my face without being orange or obvious.
10000% recommend this, and if you spend more then a fiver on something in boots, they give you a 5 off voucher for no7 products!
lovelovelove looking like I have no cloggy foundation on but still having a flawless type finish :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Beejoux42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BBs in general in the UK have all been far too dark for my pale celtic skin. How can just two shades fit the whole population? I was surprised to find that one of the cheapest is the best for me. This has a great colour, great texture, blends well and stays good for hours one end with a dewy finish.
I also have redness, veins and spots - thanks to acne roseacea - so altho I think it would be great on it's own for someone with better skin than mine I use it as a primer and follow with a light liquid foundation on the top. It makes a great base for makeup and helps it not settle into the lines.
This is a great buy - real value for money and a must try for the fairer complexion. Try it if the more expensive ones have not worked for you.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For reference: I have very pale skin, so none of the Boots 17 foundations are actually light enough for me; even the Porcelain and Ivory shades.

My skin is dry and sensitive and keeps having rebellious phases, so I need something that corrects visible pores and any unevenness and discolouration, yet won't feel heavy and show up the dry patches and make my skin flake, like foundations can. I find the base in tinted moisturizers too yellow and, anyway, they just don't wear long enough for me to bother with. After hearing/seeing the hype about BB Creams I set out to find one light enough for me and after months of looking for a fair, non-yellow shade I've finally found a winner;

17 BB BLEMISH BALM feels a bit watery, so I wasn't expecting much. But the formula actually works in it's favour; it feels very light and silky on my skin and blending is super easy. Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with surprisingly good coverage.

OK, it won't cover my hormonal breakouts, but my main problem is discolouration, which this product solves. It even reduces the appearance of my pores AND undereye circles too. I've found it to be transfer resistant, long lasting and it doesn't settle in my fine lines. Flaky skin? a thing of the past. Oh - it has a SPF of 15 too. I think the packing is very user-friendly; It's in a squeezable, slim tube, so you can squeeze all of the product out. Plus; it's a ideal size for small bags and the lid is very secure.

17 is a brand which is exclusive to Boots stores in the UK.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No