November 21, 2014 | 1640 users online

Polishes - Avon - Nailwear Pro Illusion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I truly think that if this was a color by OPI or another well-known brand, that this would achieve cult status or at least be highly sought after. I typically don't care for Avon's nail polish but it has been awhile since I've tried one. This is truly a beautiful color that is actually hard to describe. It has a whitish grey base with green and lilac duochrome sheen to it. It reminds me of an opal. It is definitely opaque in 2 coats which is a pleasant surprise. I expected that it would be semi-sheer but it's not. The only thing is that you definitely need a topcoat for shine as on it's own it's slightly dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by tazzy801

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best colours ever!
It was a pleasant surprise to me when I received it.
Looks perfect on my nails and with my skin tone (fair-medium).
It's a light greyish-green colour (or greenish-grey) with pink-purple sheen to it.
An illusion of colour :)
The only con is that it's a limited edition one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I saw this color in the Avon book and had to have it! When I got it and put it on my nails, I didn't like it at first. I was expecting a sheer color and this is opaque in two coats. However, since I had spent all this time painting my nails, I decided to wear it for a day or two to see if it grew on me. Not only did it, I also recieved compliments on the color. On me it appears as a greyish white with an opal iridescent finish. It's not normally the kind of color I go for, but it looks really chic. Like all the Nailwear Pro polishes I own, it wears well for 4-5 days. For reference, I am a caramel-toned black woman with neutral-leaning-cool undertones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This color was truly awful on me. It is a dead fishbelly color with an irridescent sheen to it. This might look better on someone with a cooler skintone. The coverage was very good as it only needed two coats for opacity, but I removed it after staring at it in disgust for a half hour.