Avon Nailwear Pro Illusion

on 8/18/2012 10:47:00 AM

I truly think that if this was a color by OPI or another well-known brand, that this would achieve cult status or at least be highly sought after. I typically don't care for Avon's nail polish but it has been awhile since I've tried one. This is truly a beautiful color that is actually hard to describe. It has a whitish grey base with green and lilac duochrome sheen to it. It reminds me of an opal. It is definitely opaque in 2 coats which is a pleasant surprise. I expected that it would be semi-sheer but it's not. The only thing is that you definitely need a topcoat for shine as on it's own it's slightly dull.

on 6/4/2012 5:49:00 PM

This is one of the best colours ever!
It was a pleasant surprise to me when I received it.
Looks perfect on my nails and with my skin tone (fair-medium).
It's a light greyish-green colour (or greenish-grey) with pink-purple sheen to it.
An illusion of colour :)
The only con is that it's a limited edition one.

on 5/28/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I saw this color in the Avon book and had to have it! When I got it and put it on my nails, I didn't like it at first. I was expecting a sheer color and this is opaque in two coats. However, since I had spent all this time painting my nails, I decided to wear it for a day or two to see if it grew on me. Not only did it, I also recieved compliments on the color. On me it appears as a greyish white with an opal iridescent finish. It's not normally the kind of color I go for, but it looks really chic. Like all the Nailwear Pro polishes I own, it wears well for 4-5 days. For reference, I am a caramel-toned black woman with neutral-leaning-cool undertones.

on 4/29/2012 8:59:00 PM

This color was truly awful on me. It is a dead fishbelly color with an irridescent sheen to it. This might look better on someone with a cooler skintone. The coverage was very good as it only needed two coats for opacity, but I removed it after staring at it in disgust for a half hour.

Popular Polishes