Yves Saint Laurent Eye Shadow Quad #1

on 11/1/2002 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Is there a trick to using this line of eye shadows? I bought this quad, and have never had so much trouble getting a department store e/s to apply across my eyelids. The product seemed so smooth and creamy when I tested the display copy with my fingertips, but with my brush at home, it was completely blotchy and wouldn't spread. The violet colors are beautiful, but for this price, you expect an e/s that's nothing less than silky. Would never purchase eye shadows from this overpriced line again.

on 10/6/2002 6:25:00 PM

Three fabulous shades or purples and a pale green. At first I thought the colors would be too dark ro bright for my usual understated taste and minimal e/s wear but these color work beautifully together. Used dry or wet as lid or liner color. There couldn't possibly be nicer shades of violet in one quad out there right now. This is my favortie quad to use for evening. One or two colors from this quad is all you need to brighten up the eyes and make them look smoky and sexy. Very nice.$46 at Nordstrom. continued >>