Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Although this has good ingredients, this is not a good moisturizer for dry or dehydrated skin. I gave it a 3 because of ingredients, packaging and it didn't break me out. It didn't irritate my overly sensitive skin, but I don't think it gave enough nourishment either. I had little dry patches EVERYWHERE. One of my worst make-up days ever.

on 2/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love paulas choice. But this product sucks. I had a sample. Firstly when rubbing it on my face it was streaky and hard to soak in. After it dried, my face felt very dry. If I were to touch or rub my face the moisturiser would roll off in little balls. Try the other moisturizers.

on 10/1/2014 6:22:00 PM

Everyday staple. I think that it could use Hylauronic Acid.

on 9/23/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like the ingredients, and I have noticed that my tone is more even and I have a healthy glow when I use this lotion.
It has a very neutral, earthy scent, which I also like, as I'm not a big fan of perfumy products
For my oily skin, I find a little amount goes a long way. I mean a very, very little. With a small amount, my skin will not get oily and is moisturized without getting greasy.
I would say this is the perfect moisturizer for oily skin or t-zone. It would probably be too light for people with normal or dry skin.

on 6/10/2014 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This moisturizer is pretty good complete with everything 'Paula' believes should be used in personal products. It does have something of a plant but chemical smell. I think the 98% natural claim seems pretty honest.

on 6/9/2014 9:08:00 AM

I am not having much luck with Paula's moisturisers. My combination skin really needs a lot of hydration to stop flaking (even though I still get shiny too - yay...). This moisturiser simply doesn't moisturise. It is very light, so light in fact that even when I put it on literally, my face still feels a little tight. I had exactly the same problem with the "Resist" clear skin hydrator! Two lippies for the nice ingredients, but Paula really needs to come up with richer versions of her moisturisers for those of us who need it ! I think this product would suit people with very oily skin though, so it is not all bad - just not for me.

on 3/12/2014 5:26:00 PM

I received two samples from the Paula's Choice website: this and RESIST Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment I used the serum, then the moisturizer. My cheeks are dry/dehydrated and this clearly wasn't enough so when I went to put a drop of oil on my cheeks, it balled up horribly. Then my foundation balled up too, and it was so bad, I was brushing the flakes off of my face, and pulling the pieces out of my eyelashes, my eyebrows and my hair. Just awful. I don't know which one was the culprit, or if it was the combination, but I wasn't about to use either one again to find out. I also note that the samples aren't generous, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing them.

on 11/13/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this lotion under make-up. It has a very light, almost fluffy texture. It does contain oils and cocoa seed butter - so get a sample first if you have very breakout-prone skin. This moisturiser is recommended for combination or oily skin. If you have drier skin it may not be heavy enough.

I have combination skin that gets dry, red and flaky in the cheek area but a bit oily in the t-zone with occasional breakouts. My skin just soaks this right up and I can apply my foundation with no problems. I do wait a few seconds for it to completely absorb and follow with my make-up. No nasty perfumes either. I tried a few samples when my skin went nuts (eczema) and became really dry, loved it, then bought the full-size tube about 2 months ago. I love how it makes my skin feel so soft and touchable, and that it soothes any irritation without causing me to breakout.

The best part for me is that it leaves no film and I can't "feel" that it's on - I had this problem with certain Neutrogena and Clinique moisturisers where the whole day went by and I could feel it on my skin, like a mask, even when I used a pea-sized drop, that stickiness remained. With this product, it's a non-issue. Bonus that it's free of menthols and essential oils which make my skin red, itchy and sting - which are in so many products.

No complaints, would repurchase when done with current tube.

on 11/3/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this in a few samples, I wanted a day lotion for my combo skin that gets oily in the t zone, but gets flaky around my nose and other areas. What I really wanted was a silky finish, and this was the opposite. Kinda tacky, like if you press your finger against your skin it sticks a little. Not what I was expecting for a lotion for combo skin. Took a long time to absorb as well.

on 6/30/2013 3:08:00 AM

I tried this moisturizer, and I find it very light. Probably nice when it´s really hot outside or with quite oily skin. But my skin got thirsty for a second helping after just a few minutes, even though it is not THAT dry. What I liked: The ingredients-list with so many antioxidative stuff in it! Sounds really beneficial for skin. Maybe if there comes a richer version one day, I´ll try that one.