September 16, 2014 | 2010 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

In the pan this looks very pale (but I am very pale anyway, NC15), and I was concerned about looking too ghostly when wearing this. However, when applied this is truly translucent and didn't deposit any color at all as far as I can tell, but I do wonder if ladies with darker skin would see any color deposited because this looks so pale in the pan.

When applied with a big brush, my skin just looks naturally semi matte without a layer of powder visible. I had been using the Aveda Inner Light pressed powder and in comparison the Shiseido one is much more natural looking, more flattering and less cakey. I loved the Aveda powder's finish....until I tried the Shiseido powder! It is very finely milled so that it blends seamlessly with your skin. It didn't clump on patches of wet foundation and instead looked immaculate no matter whether it was on bare skin, over sunscreen or over sunscreen and foundation.

I have very dry cheeks/forehead, and oily nose and chin and this powder works to mattify the oily bits while not emphasizing the dry areas. I do get a little oil breakthrough after a couple of hours, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. It didn't settle into my pores or my fine lines no matter how many layers I applied. I haven't yet worn this when I will be outside in the Florida humidity, so I can't say anything about whether this lasts or needs touching up in high heat.

The packaging is very nice, simple yet sleek and comes with a puff (which I don't really use). This is such a nice powder that I don't think I will be looking for any other powder after trying this. Very expensive but I do think this is worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Shiseido products, but this powder made be break out terrible, even in areas where I never get imperfections at all, so it must be some nasty ingredient in the powder doing this.
As for mattifying properties, it's not very good either, an hour latter my nose is shinning, I still prefer Guerlain pearls pressed powder over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by isolde100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I needed a translucent powder to take along when traveling. I have a pot of the MUFE HD translucent powder (white) but I needed something smaller and more compact so I bought this Shiseido powder. It's much better, to my surprise, than the MUFE because it provides a smooth surface for applying eyeshadow and powder blush AND it has a very subtle pearly sheen that makes your skin glow. It's this glow that the MUFE translucent powder is missing. I have normal to oily skin and tend to have oily lids, and this Shiseido powder worked so well in humid NYC where I've been staying the past few days that I will use this now instead of MUFE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

asked on skincare board for a rec for a finishing powder that was non-drying. Josh recommended this so I decided to give it a go and I'm really glad I did. It isn't drying, doesn't sit in fine lines or change to gray or yellow on my skin. I usually apply over a tinted moisturizer and it sets nicely and lasts the day. I tried it a couple of times alone with only a bit of concealer and blush and was happy with the result. Honestly I haven't been able to use a powder for some time now but this really works great with my dry, sensitive, Rosacea, mature skin. Just a thought, when I first opened the compact I was startled as it is very white and I didn't think it would work as my skin is a bit olive, but it works beautifully. I don't use the applicator pad that came with it, I use a nice soft brush and apply lightly. Really lovely product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No