April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Sun Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this product for one day but already love it. I wasn't sure at all if it would work for me and had the Ulta sales associate put High Beam on one side of my face and Sun Beam on the other. Despite my very fair and pinkish skin, the Sun Beam looked totally natural, while the High Beam looked silvery and too white.

What I love is that it's not glittery in any way, just the very slightest hint of shimmer, not even that I should say satin. Unobtrusive and totally natural, even on my "older" skin. I wanted something that didn't scream "highlighter" and this is it. Just the subtlest bit of color. Absolutely wonderful - I'll wear this all summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by jdsjen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok, where do I start. I've never loved a makeup product this much before! I thought it would show up too golden on my fair-medium skin but bought it anyway (Got it online so couldn't test it beforehand). I was so wrong. It blends really well and adds just the right amount of shimmer to my face. Honestly it's perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tested this out at Sephora, swatched on the back of my hand and blended - and unfortunately, I could pick out the specks of shimmer / glitter so I knew it would not work on my large pores. Not what I was looking for since I already have a Mac MSF (Soft & Gentle) and didn't like the "By the candlelight" MSF. I was looking for more of bronze-y glow.

In the end, believe it or not, I made my own by combining scraping a gold eyeshadow I had lying around (some random local brand that was shimmery not glittery) and then mixing it with moisturizer & a bit of glycerin.. saved myself a wad of cash. I was pretty happy with the end result - totally suited for day wear :) thanks to the KarinaDariafy tutorial on YouTube (just look for DIY sunbeam dupe - she made hers using a Wet n Wild e/s)

My skintone: MAC: NC 42 -- Bobbi: Warm Natural 4.5 -- Graftobian: Desert Sand

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I rarely wear highlighters but this one is nice. Benefit describes it a "sunshine in a bottle". I don't really like the golden shimmers because it look odd on my light to medium skintone, but just a little bit of product looks great! It doesn't make my face look oily either, so I mostly use this as my highlighter now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I prefer this much more compared to high beam. This one is warmer, darker, better suited for medium skin tones! I like this in the summer blended on the tops of my cheek bones for some quick definition. It's also lovely mixed in with my face lotion for an all over glow! I wouldn't repurchase simply because i'm not much of a highlighter kind of gal. But I do think it's lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product so so much! Over makeup it really highlights nicely. It gives a summer tanned dewy glow along the cheekbones. It is slightly shimmery which is nice. It is perfectly dewy without being at all greasy whatsoever it is actually very light. I love the way it is in a container as if it is nail varnish and you can just dot it on. It also looks lovely without any foundation as it simply highlights adding a dewy glow. This is a makeup must for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by arblackburn90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Benefit Cosmetics for well over 5 years. There are few products by Benefit (if any!) that I can't find use for in some way or another.

SunBeam is no different! I love the creamy feel as it goes on my face but still provides my skin the ability to breathe so I don't have any unwanted/scary break outs. The product itself has a gold tint with brown/coppery under tones, but once it's on the skin, it becomes very natural, almost sheer with a hint of color as opposed to some "highlighters" that just end up being a goopy mess! This liquid sun in an adorbs bottle is perfect if you're planning on going for a natural but sultry look, a sun kissed look with a hint of color on the eyes or a browns and golds look pulled together with a beautiful sheen.

The ONLY reason I gave this product a 4 out of 5 instead of a 5 out of 5 is because I typically enjoy the boldness of Benefit and I feel, while absolutely gorgeous when used correctly, this product needed just a little more OOMPH! color wise. Perhaps a little more gold or copper to it, I found myself still needing bronzer after applying.

However, I will absolutely continue to wear this product and I will absolutely reconsider purchasing once I'm out!

Thanks Benefit! Helping girls everywhere stay cheeky, as usual!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally bought the big daddy! I had a sample size version I bought in one of the benefit sets, that was at a great price point, er 12 USD, not sure. Tonight, I splurged I got the 30 USD bottle. I am pale and I adore the product, so don't let other reviewers get you. It gives you a sunkissed glow any season. Also, I find it to be long- lasting and a little product goes a long way. It is pure golden toned It just makes you feel aglow. I recieve boquets of compliments from my customers at work when I wear it. I know it is pricey, but I just adore it. If you are hesitant try a sample size. Test it out! The only con is the not so creative packaging, but remember this product has been a stalple in the Benefit line for a reason. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really subtle golden highlighter that's great for everyday. It adds just a touch of liveliness and glowiness, either when mixed in with foundation or on its own. It's barely noticeable, but is enough to keep my face from looking flat. To get a more noticeable effect, I dab this on after foundation and powder, and it's just liquidy enough to not be cakey. My only gripe with this is that it was a little too subtle sometimes - if I want a more glowy look I usually have to layer a powder highlighter, but for everyday use this is perfect! Even though it adds some luminosity, there are no noticeable shimmers in this at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I've got so much love for this product! I've never been a big believer in Benefit (mostly due to some of their over hyped products - yeah Bad Gal lash, I'm looking at you and your performance issues) but this sunshine in a bottle is amazing.

I don't use it everyday, but for when I'm out at night, I dot this along the top of my cheekbones and then once on the both sides of the temple area (on top of a light layer of foundation). Using a paddle foundation brush, I blend it out and then lightly dust translucent powder on top. Voila! Subtly golden cheekbones that don't look glittery, streaky or orange!

For reference, I'm Asian with strong yellow undertones and fair- medium skin. If you are of a cooler colouring, you might be better off with high beam (which is also really quite fabulous).