August 23, 2014 | 1010 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Sun Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by vintjus

Well, I have a very complicated feelings towards this thing. In one hand, I love the product, makes my skin glow flawlessly. Even my brother noticed the difference and complimented my makeup when I'm using it (FYI, he hates it when I use any makeup on). It last all day too, just like the high beam. The color is way more subtle on my warm skin tone.
However, it's a bit pricey for me and I don't like the packaging as well. Makes me wonder, what if I almost ran out, would it be hard to get what's left of it? You know, cos the shape of the bottle and stuff.
Soooo...I checked yes on the "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" question, but actually, I'm not 100% sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by JayjayMua

I am a huge fan of this. It is shimmer not glittery. So simple to apply. Doesn't rub your make up off underneath and really gives you that summer glow. I would say if you are light to medium go for high beam and medium to dark go for sun beam. Its a little tub of magic!! xx

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The applicator for this highlighter is poor and unsanitary. You are better off using one of the gazillion highlighters off the market. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm a huge fan of almost all Benefit highlighters. Girl Meets Pearl is probably my favorite, but this one if definitely up there too. It really depends on whether you're going for a pinkish/shimmer finish or a glowy/dewy look. This is probably a warmer look versus a cooler toned look. Again, it comes down to personal preference. I love Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector for the pearly finish as well. As far as bronzing highlighters go, I'd have to say this one is one of the very best. It lasts a all day (as do most Benefit products in my experience) and a little goes a long way. I apply it with my fingers and sometimes buff it out with a stippling brush. The packaging is adorable (same format as Posietint, Benetint, etc.) and trial sized bottles are available in case you don't want to purchase the larger bottle at first. I like that Benefit has smaller versions of their products to "test" before committing to the larger ones. Overall, another great product from Benefit.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this product for one day but already love it. I wasn't sure at all if it would work for me and had the Ulta sales associate put High Beam on one side of my face and Sun Beam on the other. Despite my very fair and pinkish skin, the Sun Beam looked totally natural, while the High Beam looked silvery and too white.

What I love is that it's not glittery in any way, just the very slightest hint of shimmer, not even that I should say satin. Unobtrusive and totally natural, even on my "older" skin. I wanted something that didn't scream "highlighter" and this is it. Just the subtlest bit of color. Absolutely wonderful - I'll wear this all summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by jdsjen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok, where do I start. I've never loved a makeup product this much before! I thought it would show up too golden on my fair-medium skin but bought it anyway (Got it online so couldn't test it beforehand). I was so wrong. It blends really well and adds just the right amount of shimmer to my face. Honestly it's perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tested this out at Sephora, swatched on the back of my hand and blended - and unfortunately, I could pick out the specks of shimmer / glitter so I knew it would not work on my large pores. Not what I was looking for since I already have a Mac MSF (Soft & Gentle) and didn't like the "By the candlelight" MSF. I was looking for more of bronze-y glow.

In the end, believe it or not, I made my own by combining scraping a gold eyeshadow I had lying around (some random local brand that was shimmery not glittery) and then mixing it with moisturizer & a bit of glycerin.. saved myself a wad of cash. I was pretty happy with the end result - totally suited for day wear :) thanks to the KarinaDariafy tutorial on YouTube (just look for DIY sunbeam dupe - she made hers using a Wet n Wild e/s)

My skintone: MAC: NC 42 -- Bobbi: Warm Natural 4.5 -- Graftobian: Desert Sand

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I rarely wear highlighters but this one is nice. Benefit describes it a "sunshine in a bottle". I don't really like the golden shimmers because it look odd on my light to medium skintone, but just a little bit of product looks great! It doesn't make my face look oily either, so I mostly use this as my highlighter now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I prefer this much more compared to high beam. This one is warmer, darker, better suited for medium skin tones! I like this in the summer blended on the tops of my cheek bones for some quick definition. It's also lovely mixed in with my face lotion for an all over glow! I wouldn't repurchase simply because i'm not much of a highlighter kind of gal. But I do think it's lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by arblackburn90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Benefit Cosmetics for well over 5 years. There are few products by Benefit (if any!) that I can't find use for in some way or another.

SunBeam is no different! I love the creamy feel as it goes on my face but still provides my skin the ability to breathe so I don't have any unwanted/scary break outs. The product itself has a gold tint with brown/coppery under tones, but once it's on the skin, it becomes very natural, almost sheer with a hint of color as opposed to some "highlighters" that just end up being a goopy mess! This liquid sun in an adorbs bottle is perfect if you're planning on going for a natural but sultry look, a sun kissed look with a hint of color on the eyes or a browns and golds look pulled together with a beautiful sheen.

The ONLY reason I gave this product a 4 out of 5 instead of a 5 out of 5 is because I typically enjoy the boldness of Benefit and I feel, while absolutely gorgeous when used correctly, this product needed just a little more OOMPH! color wise. Perhaps a little more gold or copper to it, I found myself still needing bronzer after applying.

However, I will absolutely continue to wear this product and I will absolutely reconsider purchasing once I'm out!

Thanks Benefit! Helping girls everywhere stay cheeky, as usual!