September 17, 2014 | 1986 users online

Cleansers - Dickinson's Foaming Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

This is a more effective alternative to Johnson & Johnson's soap-free facial wash, which has a similar texture and lathering characteristic. Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Foaming Facial Wash lathers and cleans exceptionally well, but it does take some effort to rinse thoroughly off.

I like that it is largely natural and doesn't contain artificial fragrance. I don't like the fact that it is way too hard to find. Stores that carried it no longer do, and like so many products it's available online only now. I don't like buying skincare/beauty products online because the shipping charges are often a rip off for low-dollar orders or orders consisting of products in this price range (less than $5).

I would repurchase if DIckinson's would make a point to get B&M retailers to stock it alongside the toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hillaryhansen

Seriously amazing! First of all, this product is really inexpensive. Got it on sale for like $6.99 at Walgreens. Second of all, I'm amazed! So I have really bad acne, and I've had really bad acne since I was 14. Safe to say, I have tried pretty much ALL the products out there to make my acne better. Some worked well for awhile, but never got rid of it completely. Some only made my skin worse. I usually use something strong with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, because that seems to be the only thing that helps. No that I am pregnant (and acne flares up even more), I wanted to find something less harsh. I saw this at Walgreens for a good price, so I figured I would try it. And oh my goodness! It has cured my acne! So far at least, knock on wood, I'm hoping these good results last. It is not harsh at all and does wonders for my skin. My skin now looks 10 times better. I also use it with the pore perfecting toner, which is amazing as well. My skin in neither dry nor oily any more (used to have both). The only bad thing about this product is the smell, it smells a little weird. But I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by bulbagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily, acne prone skin. I used to use the Dickinson's toner but the alcohol was too drying for daily use, but recently discovered their line of facial cleansers. I initially bought this cleanser in my quest to have a more natural skin care routine - no parabens, dyes, sulfates, etc. Even better though, I'm extremely impressed at how well it removes my makeup and oil without over drying and has the witch hazel benefits. I alternate between using this and the Dickinson's Cleansing Towlettes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used and liked this for a while, however I eventually found that the witch hazel was triggering rosacea flushing and also noticed that it left a bit of a film that may have been contributing to my breakouts. Otherwise this is a nice, non-stripping, foaming cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use a Clairsonic Mia to get off my make up every evening so I am always on the hunt for a truly "foaming" facial cleanser. Because of the great reviews on this product, I decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately it is not really "foaming" when used with the Clarisonic, but that is not really a problem. It does take off all my make up without a problem and leaves my skin feeling wonderful, not dry and tight as most cleansers seem to do. I like the pump bottle. The major problem is the smell. Technically it is not supposed to have a fragrance, but I wish that it did. To me, this smells like wet moldy socks. Initially I thought that the smell might be because I needed to change out my Clarisonic brush head, but no, I opened the bottle of the cleanser and there was that smell. YUCK! I will not buy this again.

While it does work well, I recommend that you smell it first and see if you have the same olfactory system I have. If the smell does not put you off, then go for it as it is a good basic cleanser that does not cost an arm and a leg.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS HAS BEEN MY SAVIOR!! My skin is oily, acne prone, and extremely sensitive to frangrance which cause awful red itchy break-outs. Pretty much every face wash known to man that is frangrance free is for dryer skin types...well mine is oily and I needed something with a little more umph. When using the other sensitve skin/frangrance free washes my skin would be uncontrollably oily. In came this little angel! I'm so grateful that a company finally produced a quality face wash for oily skin individuals that's frangrance and oil free. Since using this my skin isn't nearly as oily...it's just comfortable (like "normal" skin). It does not irritate my acne or cause any issues for my skin. It's been an ongoing endless search to find the PERFECT face wash and I finally did. The only place I've seen this is at walgreens and I just purchased my 5th bottle. The face wash has a very very faint scent caused by it's natural ingredients that isn't overpowering in any way. The consistency is very runny and liquidy so you have to be careful with using it or else it'll run right out of your hands (if you use a clarisonic it'll run down out of that as well). I paid 9.99 for mine at walgreens but they did have the rebate label on there. If this stuff were $50+ I'd still buy it because it's that amazing. Finally a face wash for oily, acne prone, sesitive skin people!

*note: while this says for oily skin, I feel that it is gentle enough for those with normal and maybe even drier skin. This never leaves my skin feeling stripped. It actually does what is says it's supposed to do on the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did some research and discovered (whether it be true or not); that Witch Hazel can really help Eczema? I thought to myself....Hmm....I guess it's worth a try? I had used the Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel in the past (I remember loving it) it was the one in the Blue Labeled Bottle. I ended up finding this one (same) only it has a Yellow Label. As I grabbed the Pore Perfecting Toner; to my surprise I noticed that Dickinson's launched a Foaming Facial Cleanser and a Cream Cleanser! I quickly grabbed the Foaming Cleanser and went to check out (without a thought). Boy am I glad I did! I have Combination/ Dry Skin and this Cleanser doesn't dry my skin or make it feel uncomfortable! Using this in combination with the Pore Perfecting Toner I realized that my Eczema seems to be under control. Of course, stress causes flare ups for me, but when that occurs....I feel the need to use this combination and it really helps with itchiness and flakes. This cleanser isn't supposed to have a fragrance, it seems to have just a natural light scent to it. It sort of has a twist of Lemon (to my nose). I purchased this at Walgreens and they were running a promotion where Dickinson's will rebate the money you spend on their cleansers. But then again at $6.99, this is still a pretty great budget friendly purchase. There are some folks out there that really rely on Paula Begoun's reviews on with hazel, but when you have problematic skin, you gotta do what works for you. This works for me, at least for now anyways. I did give the packaging quality 3 Lippies only because the top of the pump fell off while I was trying to open the pump. Minor concern as I simply put it back on.......Lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I found this at Walgreens! It was only $2.99 on sale and on top of that it had a rebate on it (which means, you get the product for free pretty much). I've been using this for almost 2 weeks. There has not been any break outs and I hope it stays that way. I like that its all natural. I notice that it clears up face and balances it. Weird, but I'll take that result as a positive thing! Every night and morning, I would use 2 pumps and pat dry. Then I'd use the dickinson's witch Hazel pore perfecting (something like that) which takes away all the dirt and makeup off. It leaves my skin fresh. I like dickenson's face products and I'm waiting on a oil free moisturizer to come out! I hope they launch that! Totally would buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this cleanser in Walgreen's one day. I like witch hazel, it seems soothing to my skin so I snatched this up. There was a creamy cleanser also but I'm quite oily and usually prefer foaming. All of the bottles had coupons on them for a mail in rebate that reimbursed you for the entire price of the product so that sealed it for me. This is a clear liquidy gel with no added fragrance, although it does have a faint witch hazel smell. It's not nearly as strong as pure witch hazel so don't let that put you off of trying this. I found this cleanser to be soothing, pretty gentle and not excessively drying with minimal lather. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all. I use a makeup remover prior to this so I can't say how well it works in that department. In terms of performance I would say it's pretty similar to Purpose, but less drying. I paid $6.99 for 8 ounces of product which is pretty generous, even for the drugstore. I would recommend this to others with normal/combo/oily skin looking for a gentle but effective facial cleanser. I tend to switch up cleansers often but I would not be averse to repurchasing this. I have added the ingredient listing as well.