August 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Coconut Lime Breeze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I really like this scent! To me it smells VERY similar to Coconut Lime Verbana, but a bit more citrusy. It moisturizes well and the scent doesn't clash with my perfume. I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After BBW discontinued Coconut Lime Verbena, I tried Coconut Lime Breeze. At least the lime was there, if not the lovely lemon verbena. In lotion form, I think I may prefer CLB a tiny bit over CLV, but it is a very close call. Breeze has the advantage of knocking you in the head with citrus, and I love citrus cents. Straight out of the bottle, the lotion smells like lime candy. After a few minutes of lingering on my skin, I can smell limy coconut vanilla, which reminds me of summer, lazing in the tropics, and exotic desserts, very much a citrus gourmand fragrance. Using either coupons or looking out for sales, I have already bought two full large bottles of lotion plus several travel sizes that function as hand lotion when I am on the go. Lasting power is decent for a lotion; moisturization is good for my slightly oily skin. I like to layer with D&G Light Blue, so I can personify a vacation anywhere I go! Notes: (top) sparkling Tangerine, Lemon Italy Orpur, Neroli, Bergamot Italia Orpur, Zesty Lime Juice; (middle) watery Melon notes, Sheer Muget, Pineapple Juice, Jasmine Petals, Lime Blossom; (base) sheer Coconut Water, Sandalwood, Musk, Madagascar Vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Exact same thing as Coconut Lime Verbena. I didn't even notice it said Coconut Lime Breeze until I got home.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Yazzie04

Love this lotion. Feels a bit sticky at first when applying but afterwards your skin feels soft. N the smell is just amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by paigerwaiger94

Smells just like it's described. Generally an amazing lotion that has a great scent. The scent lingers through the day also, something that I've had problems with with other bbw lotions. However, you have to apply quite a bit for it to be as moisturizing as it claims.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Coconut Lime Breeze body lotions s supposed to smell like a "tropical breeze of exotic fruits and luscious citrus", i.e coconut water, lime blossom, and bergamot. Bath&BodyWorks lotions feature jojoba oil, shea butter, and vitamin E. The formula is supposed to be non-greasy and fast absorbing, the perfect daily moisturizer, in the brand's opinion. Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA. I purchased my bottle in store for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. You can purchase a 3fl oz travel size bottle individually for $5, or a full sized 8fl oz bottle for $11.
Packaging is a translucent, bright green, plastic, recyclable bottle with a green pop-up cap. The bottle is the same curvy shape as all Bath&BodyWorks signature products. The label has some really pretty imagery. The background appears to be a sunset at a beach, with a palm tree in the foreground. The palm leaves are slightly overshadowed by the name of the lotion, which is written in dark green lettering.
Coconut Lime Breeze was introduced into the Signature Collection to replace Coconut Lime Verbena, which was discontinued, but I believe is still available online. I'm not familiar with Coconut Lime Verbena, so I can't really compare the two scents for you, but I can tell you about this one. Coconut water, lime blossom, and bergamot describe the scent fairly well. Straight out of the bottle, this scent is all coconut, but it somehow it completely transforms when it's applied on the skin. Once it's applied, it's all lime, a blend of citrusy lime and sweet, candied lime, with a tiny little bit of a bitter bergamot note. It's a bright scent that's a little tart, and it just screams "summer!".
From the reviews I've read on Bath&BodyWorks' website, not many people are fans of Coconut Lime Breeze, but I don't understand why. It's very pleasant and cool, not too strong or too light. It's tropical without being overly fruity, and it isn't floral at all. It has a little bit of dimension too it, thanks to the slight bitter element, brought on by the bergamot, but it's also not too complex of a scent. It's the kind of scent anyone can wear, but only at a certain time of the year. Coconut Lime Breeze is definitely best reserved for the warmer months. A combo I'd like to mention; layer this over I Love's Lemon&Lime shower gel. It makes you smell like lime candy. n_n
The lotion it's self is Bath&BodyWorks standard, except for a small, barely noticeable detail that doesn't really matter but I'll mention anyway. Instead of being white, the lotion appears to be a very light yellow-green. Apart from that, it's your average Bath&BodyWorks lotion. A thin, non greasy lotion that sinks in pretty quickly. This lotion is light on the skin and moisturizes adequately. The scent stays close to the skin for a couple hours, longer if you layer it with other lime scents.
I recommend Coconut Lime Breeze if you want a soft citrus scent with a tropical twist. It's much more subtle than most Bath&BodyWorks scents, therefore more wearable for a bigger demographic. The imagery is gorgeous and suits the scent to a tee. I likely won't be repurchasing, but I do really like this scent. It may not be good enough for Coconut Lime Verbena fans, but it's good enough for me.