Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Sensitive Skin

3.6

Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, Peg/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Laureth-7, Arachidyl Behenate, Silica, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

At first I really like it, it covers up my redness well and didn't irritate my skin or make it worse but it doesn't cover acne well and wears off after a few hours. Also I've had it for a few months and When I opened it recently, there was a layer of oil on top!! Also I see oil in the product now. Would not buy again because of this. Although it was good the first few months.

on 11/30/2014 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

**This has just been discontinued by Cover Girl, so if you love it, stock up while you can.**This is a nice, lightweight, natural looking foundation with a semi-matte finish and light coverage. The formula is very similar to the Clean Oil- Control formula if you compare the ingredient lists. I have used both and I can't tell the difference. I only re-purchased this version because it was on clearance at a great price. I use this in Classic Ivory, which is a great fair yellow based shade. As other reviewers have stated, this is too thick to be in a pumpless glass bottle. I really like this foundation, and would recommend it or the oil control one since they are so similar, and since this one is on it's way out :-(

on 11/20/2014 4:13:00 PM

I really like this foundation. Other reviews are correct, though, it gives very light coverage and does tend to wear off easily. But I'm actually okay with that because I NEVER look cakey with this one and you can add more later in the day if your morning application has worn off.

It also doesn't break me out at all. The only downside I can see (not for me but for others) is that it comes in mainly very light colors.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the packaging. Stick a q-tip in there and you can get all the product out.

on 9/18/2014 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I stopped wearing foundation because - at almost sixty - it just never felt or looked right. And I swear there aren't any that I haven't tried in the high end, low end, department store, "natural," drugstore...you name it.

But I have some redness that I wanted to hide. I bought this and mixed it with my substantial creme moisturizer and...it looks absolutely great! Shockingly great for under $8!!!

I think the key is in the mix because I could completely see how this might not have a moisturizing-enough finish.

I dislike the silicone-y foundations. I like the good old-fashioned pigment and water versions and this is great.

I'm not seeing a good range of color choices in my area, but it's a foundation worth seeking out.

I use it with Revlon's creme blush and it gives a really soft, barely- noticeable finish.

on 7/31/2014 4:31:00 PM

I seriously think this is a very nice foundation!! I have dry and acne-prone skin, and this foundation provides a great coverage without drying my skin. It also feels very light, doesn't give me breakouts. I definitely love this!

on 7/30/2014 7:21:00 PM

I have been on a frustrating search for foundation that was kind to mature skin for years. This is it! It's very light but has sufficient pigment to even out my skin tones without caking in wrinkles. It can be a little dry but you can apply whatever moisturizer you like underneath without fear of unattractive shininess.

No scent!
No caking!
No shine!
Light, effective coverage!
Natural looking shades!

My HG foundation, finally, and it's cheap!

Update: New HG foundation is Balmshelter Tinted Moisturizer which is superior to this in every way.

on 7/7/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product just hours ago and I AM IN LOVE with it!!! I told myself that I need to write a review for those who wants to try this product ASAP! You guys would love this one. It feels light, like you're not wearing anything. It covered some discolourations which great. The thing I really like about this is that it really follows its packaging. It feels clean, does not look oily (since it's oil free), and it didn't irritate my skin which deserves 2 thumbs up! When I applied it for the first time, I was like, OMG it looks so natural! Soooo much love for this product. It really does its job!

on 4/19/2014 8:30:00 PM

I have acne prone skin but I just felt like trying this foundation so I bought it!
First impressions were kind of odd because i pictured the foundation because of its sheer look and the low coverage for it too be very thin and light. But when I tried to pour it on to the back of my hand i couldn't get any out!
The packaging is really annoying because i have to get it out with a q-tip. Also it is glass so I am always afraid i will drop it because i am VERY clumsy!
When I apply this foundation my skin feels like it is still setting for ages! I have to say that it would be amazing for someone with very little imperfections.
Another problem is that if I go in with another coat it starts to look quite caky even though it is still not giving be good coverage.
I know that this foundation is wrong for me but I would recommend it to someone who wants a natural look and if you have just a few problems to cover up! I wouldn't let this review deter you from buying it because if you have the right face for it, I believe it would work great for you! :)

on 3/11/2014 11:38:00 PM

This foundation feels good on my skin. I only like the sensitive skin version in this line. It doesn't smell like anything and it feels healthy, not drying and not oily. I don't know how they do it, but it doesn't bring out my fine lines like some more expensive foundations I have tried. I do like the simple glass bottle. I haven't had any trouble getting the product out of the bottle, although I did break a bottle by accident once. I love how it is inexpensive and simple and does it's job. I hardly ever wear powder over it because I feel like I don't need it with this formula, it doesn't slide around or feel slick. The shades are good and do not oxidize. They are all a little on the pink side though. I wish they had a little more yellow in their ivory. Sometimes I mix two shades to get a better match but I don't usually have time for that. I did my own makeup for my wedding and used this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation has a very nice, everyday wear, light yet build-able coverage. I adore that this foundation comes in a large variety of shades. Usually I struggle with finding a foundation shade light enough for my skin, but Ivory is wonderful. This foundation looks very natural on the skin. An annoying aspect of this product is the packaging. The product is a pain to get out and I feel as though the only successful way to get out the product is to bang the glass jar against my hand, which hurts after awhile!