October 22, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Liquid Makeup Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by littlesparrows

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As a woman in her forties who has dry skin that is still prone to breakouts and irritated skin, I am so glad to say that this reformulated classic is really working for me. I could not use this many years ago-the old formula of Clean makeup used to contain sodium lauryl sulfate (!), hence the name "clean", I guess, but detergent in my makeup is not what I needed. And that eucalyptus/camphor scent was not going to get it either. They still have the scented one, but I'm glad they now have the sensitive option. They also have an oil-control version.

I have a medium skin tone, both yellow and pink undertones (it is so hard for me to find a color match), some discoloration, the occasional blemish but I do not have acne scarring. Foundations have a tendency to look either too ashy gray (ex. Colorstay) or too orange or oxidizes (ex. Maybelline) . Mineral foundations tend to cake and dry, as does any powder foundation.

I mix two shades with this makeup: I use one part of Classic Ivory and two parts Soft Honey to achieve the perfect tone. I apply that all over, I let that sit for a minute, and then I go back with a little of the Classic Ivory shade only and put it on the under eye area ( I do not use separate concealer), on the tops of cheeks, and a little around the nose and on the nose- to -mouth lines. This really adds light to my face. It does not feel heavy or sticky and does not ever clog my pores. It gives a nice soft finish. And it does not oxidize, which has been a big problem for me with many foundations. Now, it does have to be touched up after about 4-5 hours, but I will take that as a trade-off as opposed to a long wearing makeup which can be too drying. The packaging is not ideal: glass bottle is fine, but I prefer a pump, and this is hard to get out of the bottle. I take some out with a Q-tip because you have to beat the bottle against your hand to get it out- just too messy! That is really the only negative for me. Price is great, about $6 and Cover Girl always puts out coupons. I'm happy with my foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stopped wearing foundation because - at almost sixty - it just never felt or looked right. And I swear there aren't any that I haven't tried in the high end, low end, department store, "natural," drugstore...you name it.

But I have some redness that I wanted to hide. I bought this and mixed it with my substantial creme moisturizer and...it looks absolutely great! Shockingly great for under $8!!!

I think the key is in the mix because I could completely see how this might not have a moisturizing-enough finish.

I dislike the silicone-y foundations. I like the good old-fashioned pigment and water versions and this is great.

I'm not seeing a good range of color choices in my area, but it's a foundation worth seeking out.

I use it with Revlon's creme blush and it gives a really soft, barely- noticeable finish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by deena36

I seriously think this is a very nice foundation!! I have dry and acne-prone skin, and this foundation provides a great coverage without drying my skin. It also feels very light, doesn't give me breakouts. I definitely love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Wist

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on a frustrating search for foundation that was kind to mature skin for years. This is it! It's very light but has sufficient pigment to even out my skin tones without caking in wrinkles. It can be a little dry but you can apply whatever moisturizer you like underneath without fear of unattractive shininess.

No scent!
No caking!
No shine!
Light, effective coverage!
Natural looking shades!

My HG foundation, finally, and it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by abbyyys18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product just hours ago and I AM IN LOVE with it!!! I told myself that I need to write a review for those who wants to try this product ASAP! You guys would love this one. It feels light, like you're not wearing anything. It covered some discolourations which great. The thing I really like about this is that it really follows its packaging. It feels clean, does not look oily (since it's oil free), and it didn't irritate my skin which deserves 2 thumbs up! When I applied it for the first time, I was like, OMG it looks so natural! Soooo much love for this product. It really does its job!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Clare456

I have acne prone skin but I just felt like trying this foundation so I bought it!
First impressions were kind of odd because i pictured the foundation because of its sheer look and the low coverage for it too be very thin and light. But when I tried to pour it on to the back of my hand i couldn't get any out!
The packaging is really annoying because i have to get it out with a q-tip. Also it is glass so I am always afraid i will drop it because i am VERY clumsy!
When I apply this foundation my skin feels like it is still setting for ages! I have to say that it would be amazing for someone with very little imperfections.
Another problem is that if I go in with another coat it starts to look quite caky even though it is still not giving be good coverage.
I know that this foundation is wrong for me but I would recommend it to someone who wants a natural look and if you have just a few problems to cover up! I wouldn't let this review deter you from buying it because if you have the right face for it, I believe it would work great for you! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Cookie1986

This foundation feels good on my skin. I only like the sensitive skin version in this line. It doesn't smell like anything and it feels healthy, not drying and not oily. I don't know how they do it, but it doesn't bring out my fine lines like some more expensive foundations I have tried. I do like the simple glass bottle. I haven't had any trouble getting the product out of the bottle, although I did break a bottle by accident once. I love how it is inexpensive and simple and does it's job. I hardly ever wear powder over it because I feel like I don't need it with this formula, it doesn't slide around or feel slick. The shades are good and do not oxidize. They are all a little on the pink side though. I wish they had a little more yellow in their ivory. Sometimes I mix two shades to get a better match but I don't usually have time for that. I did my own makeup for my wedding and used this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has a very nice, everyday wear, light yet build-able coverage. I adore that this foundation comes in a large variety of shades. Usually I struggle with finding a foundation shade light enough for my skin, but Ivory is wonderful. This foundation looks very natural on the skin. An annoying aspect of this product is the packaging. The product is a pain to get out and I feel as though the only successful way to get out the product is to bang the glass jar against my hand, which hurts after awhile!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by brig

I have acne prone skin and it has not caused break-outs. Coverage is light, and looks natural, almost like I'm not wearing makeup. It dosn't feel heavy, and feels very clean. The price is great. Need a Q tip to get the makeup out of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been trying CG products since I was about 12 or 13 years old. When I knew less about how makeup was meant to work and work well, I didn’t know the difference and used their products without thinking much about the quality. Plus, the prices are always very reasonable and there’s a good selection of shades, especially for those of us who are on the pale end of the spectrum.

That being said, this foundation does very little for my skin. While it does even out my skin tone a bit and makes it look less blotchy, it does not last but for more than a few hours, certainly does not last on oily areas of my skin, like my nose and forehead. I’d say if you have very dry skin, this might soak in and stay on longer, but if you have slightly naturally oily or combo skin, don’t expect it to last for more than maybe one or two hours at very best. It really barely lasts past applying and when you’re applying, it’s difficult to build as the formula is so lightweight that it just smears around and around without ever seeming to stay put, even when set with a pressed powder, which I always do.

There are other foundations out there that are not only natural looking but actually last longer than an hour on your skin. I don’t think any of us want to have to touch up ten time throughout the day. What’s the point of putting something on your face that you have to be careful not even to touch or it might just slide clean off?