October 2, 2014 | 1394 users online

Styling Products - Joico - Con-text Variation Pliable Paste

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Chirpy

White pasty texture that you rub between your hands...then into your hair to add volume, mold and define hair. It says you can put it into damp hair before blow-drying... I prefer after. It is easier to put the fly-aways in their place and separate and define sections. I really like this product because on those days when you don't want hairspray, the hold works pretty good...smells great and the container will last you long time. The only thing is I CAN NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE. Rumor has it Joico has discontinued it or is replacing it with a new product...why I ask you...whyyyyyy??? I love this paste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 11:43:00 AM More reviews by powderflow

This paste is thick, thick, thick. It gives a very piecey look and provides lots of hold.

It has now replaced Redken Rough Paste and KMS Molding Paste for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2002 9:03:00 PM More reviews by bumble

This stuff gives good holding power to my fine hair. I'm always looking for products to give hold and volume, and trust me I've tried many, and this one stands out as one of the best. Not a bad price at $12 - I think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2002 6:12:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I'm not sure if that's the exact name in that order of this product -- but that's what it says on the tube in scrambled order. Anyway -- this is a styling product that states "true definition with firm, flexible hold". As you can tell by the name, it's a paste. It comes in squirt tube form. The directions state to "Rub a small amount through fingers and apply to towel dried or damp hair. Use more for more structured styles." This is one of the few paste products I've used with success and didn't make my hair look all greasy like I hadn't washed it in a week. Very nice scent too! Just a small amount is needed. I also sometimes apply it to the ends of my dry hair when styling to get pieces to stick out if that's the look I'm going for. I have very fine hair, and it's difficult for me to find styling products that work. Helpful Hint: My hair is *very* hard to comb through after applying this product, so it is probably best to comb through wet hair before applying it. This one is definitely worth a try!