October 25, 2014 | 934 users online

Blush - Sephora - Pantone Universe Color of The Year Blush Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Emmacunningham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is really lovely, I like the tiny amounts of shimmer in it and the color is really nice. It looks orange but it actually goes on pink. Would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by alina08

You get a lot of product for the price. The packaging is three-tiered and very cute, although not really conducive to travel. There is a mirror part on the bottom, the blush and then the clear plastic sliding lid. The blush is very light, so really this product is geared toward fair-skinned ladies. I like the light flush that it gives. This is more for a daytime look, I do not think the color would show up very much at night. A good product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nice colours, good pay off, a little work on the blending as its chalky but only slightly. Love the lighter matte peachy one. The darker one looks like mac marine life on me. :-)
I love inglot so this packaging is great for me, its so similar with magnets and see through lid etc

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this blush duo! The matte side is a nice, bright peach shade that's surprisingly wearable on my cool-toned, NW20 complexion. The frosty sparkly shade though is the real star. It's a bright, juicy shade of coral with fine, yet very prominent gold shimmer. I imagine it looking amazing on deeper toned ladies. On me it can be a bit much, even using a light hand and a lot of blending BUT I love this shade as a eye shadow. I actually bought this duo with that use in mind. The texture is obviously different, more powdery, that one might expect from an eye shadow and doesn't apply all that well with a flat paddle style brush (it prefers something fluffier like a crease or blending brush), but it's pigmented, smooth and very blendable. I find that it wears nearly as well over Too Faced Shadow Insurance as my real eye shadows. It fades a little faster, but I get at least 10 hours of wear from it and no creasing. The bright coral is gorgeous with my blue eyes and lends itself to a lot of fun summer looks. The amount of product you get is quite generous, and I feel like I'll be using this for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Gorgeous tangerine-themed powder blush duo. Rich, bright, lively colors. The Desert Flower shade (Pantone #15-1435) is a "matte light orange" or a warm rich coral-peach. Coral (Pantone #15-1439) is "tangerine with gold shimmer" or a vivid peachy coral with very fine golden shimmer. Pigmentation for both is excellent, so be sure to use a light hand when applying. Staying power is also very good. The shimmer in Coral is very fine, not chunky, and rather pronounced; plus, it's pretty tenacious, so don't expect excess shimmer to be swept away easily with a fan brush or to fall away as the day progresses. The shimmer in Coral is at my upper limit for shimmer-tolerance, which means it may be too shimmery for some (though you could blend it down using the matte shade). I don't know how many people wear straight-up-orange as a blush color, but this has enough red or coral tones in it to not look unnatural. This duo works well with my AAB/NC25 coloring and yellow undertones.

Comparisons - Desert Flower is similar to Becca Lip & Cheek Creme in Petal in the pot. Coral is similar to NARS Torrid, though Torrid leans a little more pink and Coral a little more orange. NARS Taos is deeper, more rose-red, and less vivid in comparison to Coral.

Packaging - Large white plastic square base with two large rectangular pans of color. Mostly translucent (i.e. slightly frosted) plastic square plate serves as the lid, with four magnets at the corners to align and secure it to the base. The lid is surprisingly secure but I'd still be cautious traveling with this. Hefty in overall weight. Thinner but a little wider than a BB Shimmerbrick compact. About the same size as the Julie Hewett quad palettes; the JHLA palettes are a tad longer since they are rectangular rather than square.

Overall - Love this. Very summery. The pigmentation is very rich, so use a light hand. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I waited to purchase this blush until it dropped in price, so I got it for $18 instead of $26. I would agree that at $26 it is expensive, however at $18 I feel it is a great deal since you are getting two blushes @ $9 each which rivals drugstore prices.
On to the blush, I am N10 and the matte shade in this duo looks very nice on me when applied with a light hand. Both blushes are very pigmented and require a light hand in application, however the shimmery (darker) color is SUPER pigmented. I barely tap my brush in the pan and I have too much color! I actually use the darker color as a top layer to the matte blush (I apply with a very light hand using a stippling brush) and it adds a beautiful dimension to the matte color.
This blush lasts over 12 hours on my oily skin with only minimal fading. If I were to compare this blush formula to another brand it would be Illamasqua. These are very finely milled and highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an expensive duo no doubt.
I am dark skinned nc40 i guess is the Mac equivalent. I LOVE the way this looks on my dark skin, I was actually gifted this blush from someone who thought it didnt show up on her face. TSK TSK sweetheart it is DIVINE. I love the Matte blush for all over cheek and then i will use the shimmery one as a highlight to the cheek bone area. SO fun. Im reading reviews of ladies saying its "un natural" MEH....so is a purple eyelid...or brown lipstick...n'est pas?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by lebachai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim, since I had a gift card to Sephora left over from Christmas. I look washed out in pale blushes, so I figured I would try this. It comes with the lighter tangerine blush and the darker, shimmery highlighter color. I virtually never use the darker color, as anything with shimmer looks awful on me. However, the compact was worth buying for the tangerine blush alone. I found that this color looks stunning on me, which I never really expected, since I usually wear pinks. It is NOT a subtle color, so I am always sure to wear powder over it so it doesn't appear unnatural. I now wear this almost daily; it's a great summer color and now I'm worried about what I'll replace it with when it's gone, since I'm assuming this compact is a limited edition from Sephora. The blush has a lot of staying power, also (and I have VERY oily skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by cwork621

I adore this product! First bought it because it was a Pantone product and have since used it every other day. The lighter, matte shade is perfect for every day wear. I use a decent sized blush brush and gently sweep it on the apples of my cheeks and blend back to my hairline. I like to apply the darker, shimmery shade in the evening, higher on the cheekbone and skip the highlighter- this plays both roles. Packaging is modern looking but since the product is fairly powdery, it tends to look messy. I wipe mine off after each use though because I love how smart it looks. As far as price, I wouldn't have paid the price if it didn't have that Pantone label on it. The lighter shade is easily dup-able but the darker is pretty unique in my opinion. Love how it looks with a simple winged liner and peachy-nude lips.
For reference, I have olive/yellow undertones and am fairly tan right now. Wearing MUF HD foundation in 140.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This blush duo is definitely different. This year's color is orange/coral/tangerine. This whole line fits that theme very well. That being said, this was just okay. This is the type of blush/color that either works for your skin tone, or it doesn't. This color does fit my skin tone, but I didn't care for the "orange" blush look. It doesn't look natural. Pink/peachy blushes tend to look more natural, & that's what I prefer. Just a little flush of color. With this blush, you can definitely tell you're wearing blush because no one in the world has a natural flush of "orange," unless you're either snooki, or there's something wrong with you. I will say though, this blush lasts for HOURS. This blush had some of the best staying power effects that I've ever experienced, & I usually use Nars blushes which are great. If you're going for natural, this isn't a good choice. If you're not going for a natural look & want something unique/different, then you may want to check this out. Not many people can pull this blush off, but if you can...props to you. I work for a salon that partners up with Sephora, so I'm very close friends with the girls who work in Sephora. The manager of Sephora wanted to test this whole line out on me to demonstrate to customers, so I was pretty much "tangerined" out. It looked okay, but not a look I would normally go for. I did however, like the eyeshadow, eyeliner, & lipstick from this line.