October 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Powders - Yves Saint Laurent - Pressed Powder in #4

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ruLz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite an amazing product, especially in a humid weather country where it rains most of the year and it's sunny all day. This keeps my make-up in place and it goes from matte in the morning to dewy at night, never oily (even with my sensitive and combination skin)!

I also love the lazer cut-out heart shape on the powder itself, it's such a naughty luxury to fade it down with your brush. I use a MAC #182 Kabuki brush, which i blend into the powder, i softly tap some excess off and i just brush in circles around my face avoiding the hairline, eyebrows and lip area.

I usually do this after i have applied my LM tinted moisturizer in "Fawn", highlighted my face with Touche Eclat #3 and lined my eyes with a MAC eyeliner. It sets everything in place and gives you that flawless look instantly. If you want to add a little blush, do it after the powder for a stronger look, or before for a more natural look.

For cooler months, i also like to add a spritz of thermal/mineral/floral water to give it an extra boost of moisture and it stays dewy for the entire day.

I would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2006 10:08:00 AM More reviews by CandyGirl23

I noticed this powder for the nice package,and after seeing it in numerous magazines. So i went to buy it -i had doubts between this one and Chanel compact one. The sales assistant adviced me this one. I took it in O5 - First mistake I should have taken N0 3 for my fair but in summer tanned skin tone. But apart from the color -it did nothing for my mixed skin with occasional breakouts and redness. It doesnt cover at all -it does accentuate the imperfections!! And after half an hour my skin is nicely shiny and uneven. I deeply regret for not having repurchased the Chanel powder and i think Diorskin ,Estee Lauder and Versace ones are much better!!!! I will deffinitely not repurchase again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2005 4:05:00 AM More reviews by angmo

I am not sure about this product yet and will update my review. This powder looked "light purple" to me which was the reason why I bought it. Chanel had a similar product "many many years ago" but they discontinued it. I actually prefer the YSL version because it is so light. Now since a lot of reviewers below called it "pink".... hmm....it did look like pink to me now. I will see how this powder holds up but for now I love this.
UPDATE (Oct 27th) :A regretable purchase. I dont hate it but I didnt see any effect or improvment on my complexion. The Chanel Poudre Coromandel is just slightly better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by KateJ

This is a pink powder, with a shimmery finish. It is promoted as adding radiance and diminish yellow / olive undertones. The powder is very light, and lightens my complexion as well as add a touch of shimmer (aka 'radiance-adding / light reflecting particles'). I apply the powder with a large powder brush. I like the powder - it does brighten the skin. Be careful if you use other shimmery products - I used the YSL Teint Parfait as foundation, with Lancome Shimmer Blush & Stilla All Over Shimmer on my cheeks and I looked like a damn fool. (there is too much of a good thing and shimmer is one of them). Also, this powder isn't terribly useful if you ware looking for something to reduce shine on your face, to control oil or to use as a blotter. I apply this powder and within an hour, the shine is back! I use it on my cheeks but have to use anohter powder on my T-Zone (Diorskin). I detracted one lippie for this, although perhaps this powder isn't intended for the purpose of controlling shine? This may be a powder better suited to those with dry skin. Another detraction to this powder is that it is sold in this ridiculously large compact - the powder is on the left hand side and the powder puff is on the right hand side with little vents underneath (presumably to air the puff out and reduce bacteria growth). Word of advice: toss the powder puff. It only applies the powder too heavily. I apply this powder lightly or else I look like Casper-The-Overly-Made-Up-Ghost. I agree with other reviewers that the large compact is annoying and practically precludes me from carting the compact around with me as it takes up my entire purse. To add insult to injury, I had to fork out more than $70CDN for the compact w/ powder, when I could live quite happily without the compact. I'm glad to hear that powder refills are 'only' $40CDN. I haven't decided whether I will repurchase, because I might not have enough use for the powder (given that I can't really use it on my T-Zone). However, it is a good quality powder, perhaps better suited to those with dry skin. **UPDATE** Shortly after writing this review, the powder all crumbled - even though it was only in my stay-at-home make up case!! Grrr. **BOTTOMLINE** I'm all for a bit of luxury, but this one isn't worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2004 11:37:00 PM More reviews by jane2

I wanted this to give my MMM skin a "pale glow", which is what the MA convinced me it would do while evening my skin tone. Unfortunately, it made me look pasty and dried my skin (even when it was well moisturized). I also disliked the enormous compact and returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When you first put this on, it looks like you've got perfect, slightly glowy skin. But I have an oily t-zone, and in a few hours, my t-zone gets even OILIER than normal. 'Tis a shame. The package is luxe too, but it's far too bulky, I want a pressed powder that I can carry all day for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2004 11:55:00 AM More reviews by cristal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this powder as a highlighter first, but it didn't really do anything for me. Then I decided to try it as an all-over powder, and all I can say is WOW! This product is *amazing*. It gives my very light skin a healthy glow, and a very natural and flawless finish (even in daylight). Highly recommended!

Edit: I guess this is more suitable for younger skin, I'm approaching 30 now and it just doesn't do it for me anymore. If anything it makes imperfections and lines even more noticable. Too bad, I really liked this one. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 7:31:00 AM More reviews by thursday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't have even gone near this if it weren't for the reviews here at MUA. It is not what normally draws my eye at the makeup counter. It's pink. Being a girl with yellow undertones, I learned to avoid powder with even a hint of pink because it just clashed horribly with my skintone. But this powder behaves differently when it's on skin; it leaves a (very slightly) shimmery finish and most amazingly, evens out tone and texture, and softens the lines on my face. It's the ultimate optical illusion. ;-) I've tried many pressed powder offerings from various brands - MAC Blot, MAC Sheer Select, Lancome Photogenic, Estee Lauder Enlighten, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, T. Le Clerc - and so far, this has emerged the winner. I'm shocked. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2003 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE BEST HIGHLIGHTING POWDER EVER!!! I saw this in a magazine, lemm'd it for at least a year and a half, and finally got it and will love it and never be without it ever again. This is a light pink powder with a very slight gold and silver shimmer to it. Perfect for all over, to highlight, as a base, or as blush. All skintones will look great in this. You can also take it along as your pressed powder if you are going out for the evening, because it doesn't add any color, just some shimmer and luminosity, and also will control shine because it's a powder. A real winning product from Yves!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Vivrant

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a GORGEOUS pale pink powder with a hint of iridecent shimmer, I put it on in the morning after a bit of concealer and cream blush and my complexion looks absolutely smooth and flawless, it definitly gives me a nice subtle glow, i'm a LLL with yellow undertones and i also have combo oily skin and to my surprise it actually kept the oilies away longer than any other powder i've used, this stuff is awesome i dished out 62 bucks (canadian)and the refill is 39 (so not bad) the compact is very nice and elegant (a little large but never the less tres chic) i think this is going to be a staple of mine for sure. it's worth it!!!!!!