Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo

3.5

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Juice, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Maris Aqua, Maris Limus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Seed Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Ipomoea Batatas Root Lees Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this shampoo as I have very dry and thick hair; also I did not want to use anymore products with too much chemicals etc. I was using Organix or OGX for a while, but noticed that the macademia and awapuhi lines were being discontinued at the store.
I like the faint fragrance of this shampoo as its not too strong and it faints later on during the day unlike other brands.
This shampoo worked like magic on my thick and dry hair! It made it really silky and moistured with shine.
Not sure why it didn't work for other people, but I bought the bottle that's clear with the orange "carrot" colored shampoo. I noticed there are new bottles with a pearly white looking shampoo which look like the Pantene shampoos.
I usually have very frizzy and poofy hair and yesterday my sister pointed out that my hair was very silky and asked how it looked so tamed and smooth!
It's so HARD to squeeze out product from the bottle! So much that my hand started to hurt trying to sqeeze shampoo out and I decided to just take the cap off and pour the product on to my hand when I have to shampoo.
I feel its a very rich shampoo, because I have used it four times and I don't need to use much for my shoulder length thick hair.

on 1/16/2015 1:11:00 PM

For some reason I had high hopes for this shampoo, but sadly it just didn't deliver.

First off this has lost a lippy purely because the top of the bottle never worked from day one. It’s supposed to be a push down/in lid but the one I got wouldn't push down no matter how hard I tried. As a result I ended up having to unscrew the lid every time I wanted to use it, which isn't easy when you've got wet hands!

Secondly, although this smelt amazing in the bottle (for some reason it reminded me of vacations in Florida) once it was on my hair and lathered up it took on a distinctly synthetic quality. I can’t quite put my finger on what it was, but the nearest I can think of is Philosophy’s Vanilla Birthday Cake shower gel which is a scent I really dislike. The only saving grace is once rinsed out it didn't linger.

Finally the Yes To… website claims this ‘cleanses, nourishes and moisturises your hair and scalp, revitalising and protecting it and leaving you with luminous, luscious locks’. Well it didn't really do any of those for my hair. To be fair it did cleanse it quite well for a shampoo that’s SLS free, but after continuous use my hair actually started to look a little limp and lifeless and I reverted back to using my Tresemme Clarifying Shampoo to get rid of the build-up this shampoo seemed to have caused.

If you’re looking to try a more natural shampoo, there are much nicer ones on the market which do a better job and smell a heck of a lot nicer than this one. I can’t remember where I got this from or how much it cost, but the website price is $8.99 (around £5.99) and for that price you can definitely pick up better!

on 9/3/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second bottle of this and will not be finishing it. Maybe I can use it to shave or something, because I've had to accept that this product does not work for my head.

I need to use SLS-free products because it irritates my skin (scalp, face, body - anywhere). I gave this a try and the first weeks it worked nicely, which led me to purchase a back-up bottle (stupid idea). I think most shampoos feel nice when you first switch from another product, and this was no different. My hair felt really soft and I enjoyed the fragrance in this.

After a few months, though, my hair just got awful:
- My thin, dryish (non-coloured, non-damaged) hair looks OILY. Even if I've just washed my hair, it makes it look lank and greasy. Disgusting.
- I have thinnish hair and not a lot of volume, but this shampoo made it so my hair completely flattened against my skull. This, in addition to the greasiness, made me look like I never showered. ARGH.
- By the second bottle, my hair started feeling VERY DRY, especially the ends.
- The final straw was the dandruf. I've never had that before,and I'm not sure if it's real dandruff or just my poor scalp peeling, but I immediately bought a new shampoo as soon as I saw that. WTH.

For me, this is clearly not just an ineffective product, there's something in it that my body actively does not like, and the problems just kept getting worse with continued use. If you notice something similar, don't think you can wait it out and try to get your body to 'adapt' to the product. Discontinue and move on to something else. Like other all natural but still mass-producing companies, Yes To... uses preservatives and emulsifiers that might not be parabens etc, but are much less well studied and often more irritating and less stable. See my Desert Essence aloe moisturiser review.

Additional random peeves:
-The packaging is AWFUL. Both my 2nd sampoo bottle and the conditioner would not squeeze out after the first couple of uses. I have to unscrew the entire cap. I tried rinsing the things under hot water and trying to enlarge the squeeze hole but nothing. Supid polluting, useless plastic pakaging.

I'm giving it 2 lippies just because it clearly cleans hair even without SLS. Cleans so well, in fact, that it left my hair stripped and impossible to comb without slathering on the conditioner.

on 3/31/2014 6:58:00 PM

I bought this shampoo based on a recommendation. The shampoo smells nice and is free of sulfates, etc. which drew me to it. However, it leaves my hair very oily and I never feel like I truly get a good clean from it. It hardly lathers at all and pretty much disappears into my scalp (in a bad way). I have not had any adverse reactions to it but I would not recommend this product or buy it again.

on 3/30/2014 9:11:00 AM

Ok so obviously everyone has different hair and different needs. This is a great shampoo if you shampoo frequently and are on the dry side. I personally had 4 challenges which led me to this poo.

1. I had oily roots which made me tend to want to wash frequently
2. I didn't want to wash frequently because I had long hair and really dry ends.
3. I did not want to use silicone based products yet silicone free meant my hair got tangled a lot
4. I had tried sulfate free and it did not clean my scalp enough.

I stumbled on this shampoo and read the reviews and decided to give it try for these reasons: it contains low sulfates (the same sulfates they use in expensive oribe products) enough to clean my scalp but gentle enough so that I felt comfortable shampooing frequently. It DOES suds but to get the lather going I foamed it up in my hands first. Also, I did not see any silicones. I tested this when using my tresseme naturals conditioner that I always use so I felt that I was really able to judge the shampoo alone. I was surprised that it lathered more than I expected (more than oribe did for me) and the moment it rinsed out my hair felt different. I noticed even without silicones my hair was a lot easier to comb! Honestly all day I kept touching my hair bc it was so soft and still had body and my ends were smooth and silky. The ingredient list really shows off all the nutrients and its no joke this shampoo is serious. Can't wait to try the conditioner and body wash too. This turned me on to the yes to carrots line.

on 3/22/2014 10:49:00 PM

Expensive for my taste. I got a small sample on sale. I gave it a shot. My hair is oily at the roots but very dry at the ends. It didn't take care of the dry ends, but did ok on the oil. Didn't add any volume (which I need!), so I said done.

on 1/27/2014 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I went on a natural product kick a few years back, and jumped around to several different shampoos before landing on this one. It's got a nice lather, GREAT smell, and has helped rehab my hair. My hairdresser has noticed how thick and soft my hair has become. Is it the most natural, eco-friendly product out there? No. But it's available at my local grocery and I always feel good about using it, as I know it's improving the health of my hair.

This is a dandruff shampoo and it works without reeking like a lot of dandruff shampoos. I buy it for my 14 year old son who is the general puberty disaster most 14 year olds are so, of course, he has dandruff.

It works within one use. Cruelty free, free of the endocrine disrupters in most shampoos (thanks, but my son doesn't need estrogen), and effective... Not sure what there is to complain about. Other natural dandruff shampoos smell horrible (Jason, Burt's Bees, etc.) but this one smells good. It's on the pricey side for drugstore shampoo... I think I pay $9.99 at Target.

on 6/6/2013 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This shampoo and the matching conditioner helped my hair soo much. I'm in 8th grade and every girl in my class had shiny perfect hair by using cheap brands and things like herbal essences. Those shampoos never worked for me... Then i tried this, which was around $8 a bottle. It helped by detangling my hair and making it soo unbelievabley shiny. If you want hair that detangled, soft, and shiny i would totally recomend this product! And its not very diffficult to squeeze out the last bit of product.

on 3/19/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Yes to Carrots Shampoo keeps your scalp from being too dry. Works well for slightly flaky scalps.

Popular Shampoos