August 21, 2014 | 1959 users online

Shampoo - Yes To Carrots - Nourishing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I bought this shampoo based on a recommendation. The shampoo smells nice and is free of sulfates, etc. which drew me to it. However, it leaves my hair very oily and I never feel like I truly get a good clean from it. It hardly lathers at all and pretty much disappears into my scalp (in a bad way). I have not had any adverse reactions to it but I would not recommend this product or buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

Ok so obviously everyone has different hair and different needs. This is a great shampoo if you shampoo frequently and are on the dry side. I personally had 4 challenges which led me to this poo.

1. I had oily roots which made me tend to want to wash frequently
2. I didn't want to wash frequently because I had long hair and really dry ends.
3. I did not want to use silicone based products yet silicone free meant my hair got tangled a lot
4. I had tried sulfate free and it did not clean my scalp enough.

I stumbled on this shampoo and read the reviews and decided to give it try for these reasons: it contains low sulfates (the same sulfates they use in expensive oribe products) enough to clean my scalp but gentle enough so that I felt comfortable shampooing frequently. It DOES suds but to get the lather going I foamed it up in my hands first. Also, I did not see any silicones. I tested this when using my tresseme naturals conditioner that I always use so I felt that I was really able to judge the shampoo alone. I was surprised that it lathered more than I expected (more than oribe did for me) and the moment it rinsed out my hair felt different. I noticed even without silicones my hair was a lot easier to comb! Honestly all day I kept touching my hair bc it was so soft and still had body and my ends were smooth and silky. The ingredient list really shows off all the nutrients and its no joke this shampoo is serious. Can't wait to try the conditioner and body wash too. This turned me on to the yes to carrots line.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Expensive for my taste. I got a small sample on sale. I gave it a shot. My hair is oily at the roots but very dry at the ends. It didn't take care of the dry ends, but did ok on the oil. Didn't add any volume (which I need!), so I said done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Gweneveire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went on a natural product kick a few years back, and jumped around to several different shampoos before landing on this one. It's got a nice lather, GREAT smell, and has helped rehab my hair. My hairdresser has noticed how thick and soft my hair has become. Is it the most natural, eco-friendly product out there? No. But it's available at my local grocery and I always feel good about using it, as I know it's improving the health of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

This is a dandruff shampoo and it works without reeking like a lot of dandruff shampoos. I buy it for my 14 year old son who is the general puberty disaster most 14 year olds are so, of course, he has dandruff.

It works within one use. Cruelty free, free of the endocrine disrupters in most shampoos (thanks, but my son doesn't need estrogen), and effective... Not sure what there is to complain about. Other natural dandruff shampoos smell horrible (Jason, Burt's Bees, etc.) but this one smells good. It's on the pricey side for drugstore shampoo... I think I pay $9.99 at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by tori783

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo and the matching conditioner helped my hair soo much. I'm in 8th grade and every girl in my class had shiny perfect hair by using cheap brands and things like herbal essences. Those shampoos never worked for me... Then i tried this, which was around $8 a bottle. It helped by detangling my hair and making it soo unbelievabley shiny. If you want hair that detangled, soft, and shiny i would totally recomend this product! And its not very diffficult to squeeze out the last bit of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes to Carrots Shampoo keeps your scalp from being too dry. Works well for slightly flaky scalps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a basic shampoo that is cruelty and sulfate free...these are the selling points to me...otherwise there's nothing special about it. $10 from Walgreens for 16.9 fl oz. I experimented with it for only a week (three washes).

Not bad but it's too drying for my hair and scalp. If it wasn't advertised as a sulfate free shampoo, I would have thought it was a super cheap, regular (read: sulfate) shampoo...that's how it strikes me: it lathers very well and cuts through oil and hair products as well as any sulfate shampoo. I can't stand the scent on my dried hair and this will prevent repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh. I can't understand why this has such a bad ratting! I love this stuff! I'm going cruelty free and this stuff is amazing! It's a bit of a splurge for a cheapsake like myself, but It isn't too bad. I pay about 8 or 9 dollars for a bottle. It last a while too, so I don't feel too bad for spending the money.

That being said, this stuff leaves my hair so soft and smooth. I also really like the sent of it. For a natural product it suds up well too. I've tried a few cruelty free hair products and they just dried out my hair. I have oily-ish hair and wash daily and this doesn't overly dry or cause it to be more oily.

I'd recommend, but I'd say would you should use the matching conditioner (as with most sets) for best results.

I just bought my second bottle today!

I

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kiwachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG shampoo, to be honest. It works so well for me. I have very oily hair, and it gets rid of all that. But, at the same time, my hair is REALLY dry. This doesn't dry my hair out like most shampoos do. It doesn't weigh my hair down.
I just finished my first bottle along with the conditioner, and I will repurchase. The only two products that really keep my hair healthy!