October 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made SimpleŽ Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by feistydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After seeing so many good reviews on MUA about this product, I decided to give it a go. After several weeks, I regretted that decision so much. At first I was being in denial about the product not working. I thought my skin was purging. My skin usually gets 1-3 acne at a time. But after two weeks, the condition of my skin is the worse ever in my life. Never before I have pimples all over my face and in places that I've never gotten any breakouts too! Even new cystic acne starts to pop up everywhere on my face. I even have tiny bumps on my face. My best friend told me to stop using this new product and see if that would help my skin. So I stopped using Purity and of course, after that, my cystic acne disappeared and acnes reduced.

I am still recovering from the acne scars left by this product. My advice is, if you have oily sensitive skin like mine, do not get this. It will save you time, money and heartbreak from seeing your face full of acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE**
As strange as this is going to sound, I won't lie, a small small part of me was hoping it wasn't this cleanser and that my rash type thing would persist after discontinuing use; meaning that it would have to be something else. But i can definitely confirm, that after 48 hours now, it has almost completely cleared up, and was obviously this cleanser. I really really wanted to love it, and i've never had a reaction to any skin care product in my life so this was really disappointing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm really glad i waited to review this product. To be honest that's mostly because i just kept forgetting, otherwise i would have probably reviewed this 2 weeks ago and given it 5 lippies! I loved this stuff right off the bat. I was wiling to review it after only a week of use. First mistake.
I will list the things i did like about this cleanser first and get that out of the way:
- Its a gel cleanser, so its light and refreshing.
-There is little to no scent which i prefer.
- It foams up really nice.
- It does leave your skin feeling clean.
There we go, now i can get on with how i REALLY feel about this cleanser. As i said, i really liked this cleanser right off the bat. I was almost ready to declare it my HG. It was light, left my face feeling clean, and for a couple weeks i was in love with it! Then it started. I noticed in the corner of my mouth i was getting really dry and flaky, which isnt normal for my skin at all, i have pretty oily skin, i've never had dry patches anywhere, ever so this was strange to me. I didn't think much of it and just applied my moisturizer a little more generously in that area. As the days went on, it just wasn't going away and almost seemed to be getting worse. I started to get little bumps, almost little pimples basically and the flaky skin looked like little cuts. It started to get more and more noticeable and i had no idea what was going on. My moisturizer just wasn't cutting it and i slaaaaapped that stuff on constantly. Finally i went on Google and typed in my issues. All of the links came up with Perioral Dermatitis. Every single one. My case wasn't nearly as severe as the picture in the links (thank god) but it was spot on for what i was experiencing. I read what causes this and almost everything in this cleanser was on the list for things that can cause it. I was mortified considering i do NOT have sensitive skin at all. I could use a different cleanser every single day and my skin would not care. Even after just 24 hours of not using this cleanser, the skin around my mouth is less inflamed. Not 100% i'll probably still be dealing with it for a while still, but clearly this cleanser is a lot more harsh than it leads on. Very very upset. This was my first Philosophy product and i so wanted to love it but clearly it is not for me. Even if you have skin like mine, where nothing has ever affected it, take caution and read ingredients. I'm not sure which one i reacted to, but its definitely in there somewhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

OMG, I love this stuff. I love it from the first time i used it. It's a little bit on the pricier side but you don't need much each time you use it and the tube will last you a long time. It removes all my makeup, from mascara to waterproof eyeliner. Amazing!!!! I always doubting about Philosophy's products, but now, I'm thinking about switching all my skincare products to Philosophy, that's how I love it. Best purchase I ever made

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

This does an excellent job of deep cleaning my face and removing face makeup. It is a no nonsense foaming gel that actually does what it promises without making skin feel stripped and dry. I use this a few times a week when I do not care to deal with creating laundry via used washcloths. I will certainly be trying more Philosophy products. Just a little bit goes a long way. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Instant clogged pores! I've never used a more pore clogging product than this. Totally unexpected because it's a foaming gel cleanser but after one use I had clogged pores ALL over my face. Then I stupidly decided to use it a second time and had full on pimples pop up! Do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by najahlasha

I use this with my clarisonic at night to remove makeup! It lasts a long time and suds up very quickly! It's also gentle, but leaves my skin feeling free & clean!I'm not gonna even try anything else! Pair it with josie maran argon oil, and you're set!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Kenna84

This is my new go to cleanser.

I have an oily t-zone with dry cheeks and am prone to cystic acne on my chin and blackheads on my cheeks.

I have tried to develop a routine using a product specifically designed to remove makeup and then cleansing my face but even with the best intentions that rarely happens. I like that this product removes makeup and cleanses. I use it in conjunction with a handheld facial cleansing brush and its awesome. Gives me a deep down clean without being harsh or abrasive and removes all dirt and makeup without causing my skin to go into overdrive and create too much oil afterwards.

I have noticed a considerable decrease in my blackheads and have had no cysitc acne in months. I attribute this to two factors, 1. discontinuing the use of other products and, 2. finding a cleanser that does what I need it to do.

I will continue using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jennrn74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love the purity products. I have just discovered this and it will be my summer cleanser for my combo skin. The smell is slightly different than the cream version and doesn't bother my sensitive nose. I am more prone to heavy oil in the summer and drier in the winter, this leaves my skin feeling clean without the tightness of overly drying. The tube is a great system of delivery, I use a little drop on my Clarisonic and that's all I need. I haven't found the one cleanser to keep my skin from being shiny through my 12 hour shifts as a nurse but this is a great start. It is great for a person with sensitive skin, super gentle and great cleaning.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: ugh pimples!!! A lot y'all like no joke I broke out horribly. Like huge cystic acne that hurt, I think because I was pregnant and my skin was doing so good during my pregnancy my face was able to handle the cleanser , but now that I'm no longer pregnant I had to quit using it, it made my skin look like a supreme pizza. Be careful with this y'all because it will remove all your makeup but damn you may get some serious acne in return!

Love this stuff!!! I have very oily sensitive and acne prone skin and when I can find a cleanser that does the job and not aggravate my skin... Is a Miracle!!!! Really excited about this cleanser... It takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling so fresh but not stripped like most cleansers. I also bought the micro delivery exfoliating cleanser that I use in the AM, I use this in the PM.. And I got the take a deep breath moisturizer that I use both AM and PM. So ready to try their acne stuff ill be purchasing that soon! Love philosophy!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sarahleia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite cleanser. I have tried others and always come back to purity. It thoroughly cleans my face after a long day of makeup. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and doesn't over dry my face. I use it with my clarisonic and they are a perfect pair. It is a great value for the price compared to other cleansers.