September 17, 2014 | 2080 users online

Moisturizers - Ole Henriksen - Truth Creme Advanced Hydration

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Lostxinxwonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this in my Ipsy bag. It moisterized moderatly well and didn't break me out but I just can't get past the terrible smell. It smells like rotten citrus to me. Overall, for the price it's not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel kind of bad writing this review for 2 reasons, 1. I love Ole's Truth Serum, and 2. I only used the moisturizer two times ( I received it as a sample). I don't normally have such a strong reaction to product, but as soon as I put it on my face I was grossed out. The smell is so bad my dog was literally sneezing when I walked by him( he has a very sensitive nose), and the smell lasted forever. The consistency felt sticky and overall not good!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This face cream works great for my sensitive skin. Calms it down, makes it look clear. I like the slight citrus scent. It absorbs immediately; will definitively buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I'm really surprised at all the bad reviews on this. I'm glad I didn't read them before giving this a try. I have incredibly sensitive and reactive skin, if it doesn't cause a rash, it will cause a breakout, usually both at once. This is the first moisturizer I've tried that didn't do either AND still moisturized and calmed my combo/dehydrated skin.

The smell... I'm thinking many reviewers got old or bad product. Mine smells like orange cream. It can be a little overwhelming, especially at first but I don't think it smells bad and once applied the scent fades within minutes.
I do hate the stupid jar though. I depot 1/3 of it at a time into a small container and store the remainder in a closet but I would much rather see this in a pump bottle.

This, along with The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion and oil cleansing, have saved my skin this winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Lislonard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ugh maybe it is supposed to smell fresh like an orange or citrus acid but it smells like sweaty armpit. also it leaves my skin oily and i had breakouts using this cream.
i do not recommend this cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

To get the most obvious thing out of the way--this moisturizer reeks. It's supposed to smell like citrus (so you'd think it would be refreshing), but to me it smells like a mix of orange peels and liquorice. I have been using it for a few weeks, along with the truth vitamin C serum and the eye cream, and I've basically gotten used to the scent.. but man, the first day it smelled really bad.

This is a decent moisturizer that, in my opinion, is overpriced and poorly packaged. I really wish they had gone with a pump dispenser or a tube instead of a tub, because it feels unsanitary dipping my finger into the same container twice a day. The tub packaging also means that all the active ingredients, like the extracts and antioxidants, end up getting oxidized by exposure to the air, and potentially contaminated if you store the moisturizer in the bathroom, where it's warm and damp after a shower. This really cuts out the beneficial effects of the cream.

I also find that this offers pretty light hydration considering that it's marketed for all skin types. I have oily/combination skin that goes closer to normal/combination in the winter, and I end up mixing this moisturizer with a drop of argan oil to make it more hydrating.

Honestly for 56 bucks (the price at Sephora in Canada) you would do way better buying a basic-but-effective moisturizer like CeReVe, and spending your cash on a well-packaged serum (a pump with a dark bottle or opaque tube) that contains antioxidants for a more effective skincare regimen.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a sample of this cream when I purchased some other Ole goodies and my god is it bad. I'm perfectly satisfied with the moisturizers I already use but I figured..a sample..what the hay. O M freggin G! I put this on only one time, the next morning I had two small pimples on my chin!!! Plus, yes, it kinda reeks....bearable but ..naaaaaa. I think it would be better sans the soy bean ingredients and maybe even the dimethicone so high up on the list or even at all. Those are probably what did it, as far as clogged pores go. It did leave my skin feeling decent and looking brighter. If Ole and his people tweaked this a bit, they could have a home run. I do love a couple of other products from this line though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think the smell is really weird, like something is off. Maybe I had a bad one? After reading the others reviews I guess it's the normal smell of the product. I do not like jar packaging.

I have a really sensitive and dry skin and after using it my skin is red and hot. I did not like this product and I will never purchase a full size. I got this as a sample in one of my beauty boxes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To everyone who said that this stuff smells horrible, I agree 100%! I got this as a sample and I can't even tell you how well it works because I had to wash it off. It took a minute for the scent to actually hit me, but when it did: ugh! I had to scrub my face for several minutes with a washcloth to get the smell off. I even applied another strongly scented face cream close to my nose to get the truth creme scent "out of my nose". I will say that it went on very smooth and felt slightly silicone-y, not greasy at all but still felt moisturizing, so I guess one lippie for how the formula feels going on the skin. It's a shame because I'm looking for a new lightweight face moisturizer and probably would have liked it and bought it had it not smelled like rotten fruit mixed with something worse. I normally love scented lotions, etc. especially on my body. Scented face products usually don't bother me either. This is the first time I've ever had to wash something off because it smelled so bad :( if you've never used this before, i would recommend smelling before buying!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the deluxe sample from my Ipsy bag and gave it a go. I was really put off my the smell of this product immediately but decided to push through it. I found that after a few days, you really do get used to it and it is orange-y smelling. The texture is quite runny but it does do a great job at hydrating my skin and my skin was noticeably softer and brighter when I was using it. However, I had gotten almost down to the bottom of my sample jar before I started getting bumps all over my cheeks. At first I thought it was another product and kept using this, but the bumps persisted until I stopped using this. I loved the way my skin felt, but definitely get a sample of this and use it for a little while to see how your skin will react before you decide to purchase.