SAMY Professional Icing Continuous Spray Shampoo

2.0

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I would absolutely love this shampoo, if it wasn't for one thing. The smell!

I bought this along with the hair moisturizer from the store. When I used it in the shower my first impressions were good, nice bottle and the shampoo was easily deposited onto my hand. When I started rubbing it on my hair I noticed it didn't lather at all! And then the smell hit me, it was a overpowering scent of sour milk and compost mixed together. I had to hold my nose and rinse it out, I was nearly sick. Then it said to repeat the process, so I did and the second time it lathered really well but the smell was terrible!

When I got out of the shower I left my hair to dry, I couldn't stand it, the smell lingered on my hair. When it was dry I was very pleased with the results, my hair (which is naturally oily) was shiny and sleek without being greasy, also there was no scent of it on my hair

I will carry on using and I will just have to hold my nose from now on

on 4/26/2013 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

OMG!! I totally agree with the reviewer before me. I bought this shampoo yesterday and the smell is so vile I thought I was going to throw up in the shower this morning! It was so bad I had to hold my breath until I managed to rinse the vile substance out of my hair!! Never again!

on 4/24/2012 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this from Superdrug, where they seem to have had a Samy invasion. Someone has scored a contract, by the looks of it, and Iím not altogether sure, from my limited experience of two products, that this is a good thing. This foam shampoo smells awful. I donít say that often, because I can handle cheap and fruity, or soapy and powdery, or generic or weird Ė really, I see merit in most scents. This, however, smells gross. Part stomach bile, part sour milk, part decomposing fruit (but very little Ė itís not Ďfruityí.) I could deal with this if the product was good, but whilst itís quite nice using foam, there ends the appeal. This product weighs down hair, makes it tacky and dense, results in another wash being needed within 24 hours. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it doesnít prevent me from styling my hair after use, and I can make it look okay Ė but far from the gloss, shine and manageability promised, and Iíd go so far as to say my blond hair gets a bit dulled by it.

Popular Shampoos