December 17, 2014 | 1900 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always loved this stuff! clearly, when you're still at the store you can open it and determine before you buy it that the new ones are not scent-free..... but who cares, it's worth it. I'm excited to use this one w/ SPF!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has been sitting in my closet for a year or so now. My mom gave me an extra bottle she had and I was sure I'd use it and didn't...until now. I had used it before but I don't think on my face. Anyway, this found new life recently as I gave up wearing makeup this year for Lent (the season leading up to Easter). I know, what you're thinking? Is she crazy?! Trust me, I've asked myself that many times during my lifetime, but especially in the last few weeks. ;)

Not that I wear a ton of makeup or anything. I pride myself on being the master of looking like I'm not wearing makeup (but still wearing it - duh!) Anyway, I found this in my closet and thought, why not give this a try? It's got SPF which I'm not prone to wear so I figured it was serving a dual purpose - making me feel not so naked without my makeup while protecting my skin. I hate most foundations but found Revlon Colorstay years ago and have never looked back...until now.

Well, as I've said in all my reviews, I have UBER sensitive skin. I mean like everything and anything cause breakouts. I used proactive once and got hives - yikes! Anyway, I've been using this and it's awesome! It totally looks like I got some sun naturally (impossible right now where I live) but still feels good. It doesn't make me a total grease ball which I was worried about. It just gives me a little bit of color and I'm not sure I'll even go back to foundation again. This is enough to make me feel confident and make my skin look great! Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this because it was being marketed as the first, inexpensive ODOR FREE self tanner. The one thing I've always hated about self tanner is the smell of the chemicals after the three hour processing time. I know of some extremely high end brands that claim to have been able to add ingredients that counteract the smell of the DHA chemical that is used to color your skin. But they're pricey! So when Jergens claimed to have done the same thing for ten dollars or less, I was taken with the idea.I should have known though...

While the color building of the light/medium shade I tried is splendid, this product IS NOT ODOR FREE. After three hours, the scent of DHA is still on your skin, its just not as overpowering as most tanners can be. To me ODOR FREE means I should smell nothing but either the fragrance of the lotion I applied or just my natural skin. That isn't the case here. What's also somewhat concerning is, even after three hours of processing on my skin, anything that comes into contact with me, such as clothing or perhaps a blanket, also takes on the scent of the DHA, and while there are no stains....one can still smell the chemical. Does that sound ODOR FREE to you?

While I appreciate the consistency of this product after application, I dont appreciate the fact that they've put on every bottle of this that it's odor free. It isn't, however they have managed to REDUCE rather than elminate, the smell of selfless tanner. But dont get your hopes up on the misleading label...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I really love this stuff. I love gradual self tanners like these because they are hard to mess up and usually don't streak.

This one does build color that is very natural looking---for me, it reaches its peak in about 4 days (this is the "fair to medium shade") and then I can continue to maintain it.

It does have SPF 20 in it, which means that I will only use it during the day. Maybe it'll help me become more vigilant about using sunscreen on my body since I usually just use SPF on my face. What I don't like though is that the sunscreen in here is chemical oxybenzone. I guess it has to be one like that, because if you put a physical block sunscreen it wouldn't work with a self tanner...

As for the smell---it claims no odor. It uses a disguised fragrance which actually is ok going on. After a while, you do smell some self tanner smell. But it's really much IMPROVED from anything I've used in the past. So it is getting better. I really feel like I can wear this on a daily basis and it's very minimal unless I was using a whole ton. It used to be that I could only wear self tanner at night and then I'd be wanting to wash my sheets daily because that self tanner odor would linger.

Other pros---it really does go on like a nice lotion.

Really recommend for a pretty color, SPF, and you get a good quantity even if the price is a bit high.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Vena

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very eager to try this because of everything I had read about it having no "self-tanner odor". Smelled it in the tube and, nope, no "tanner odor". However, after it was applied, the odor showed up, and is still there, hours later. I like the way it goes on (like a body lotion), had no streaks, and the color showed up within a few hours. I'd like it better if it were in a pump bottle, instead of tube, but that's not as much a negative to me as the odor. I'm going to keep looking for one without that "tanner smell", but if I can't find one, I would buy the Jergens Natural Glow again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rasmusam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I never write reviews but had to on this product. I have spent years trying to find a self tanner that doesn't stink horribly. I'm also pretty fair so I also wanted a product that didn't look orange and streaky. I'm happy to say that I am completely 100% in love with this product! I had a trip to San Diego planned and started using this a few days before. The color was beautiful (light to medium) and it really doesn't stink like they claim in their marketing. Double points for actually doing what they says it's supposed to do. I will definitely be buying this over and over again this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by MYarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! Since I'm a guy I've always been reluctant to try any self-tanning products/spray tans because I don't want it to be known that I'm using such products. I decided to give this stuff a try after reading reviews on here. Well, it really works! The price is great and it's easy to find it at the store up the street. It's definitely a tan and not an orange color that you get and it's amazing how quickly you get color! The smell isn't the best and a little chemically, but I can get over that. I will continue to buy this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mamamendi

The new lotion claims to be odor free. NOT TRUE. I have been smelling that same tell-tell self tanner smell all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by emiii53

LOVE SO FAR! I bought this product a few days ago. I heard some really great reviews on it and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that it stated "great color WITHOUT ODOR" right on the front. If theres anything that annoys me to no end, its smelling like some nasty chemicals after I apply a self tanner.

FIRST I want to start by saying that I am PALE. Like pasty, paper-white, almost albino looking kind of pale. Thankfully in the summer I get some color. When I first applied this after my shower in the morning, there was no difference. The lotion itself is white and thus did not change my white skin right away. As the day went on a definitely saw a little bit of color starting to creep up. Which was good, but not great. I want noticeable tan. So before bed, I decided to put some more on. And within a few minutes, I swear, I got darker.

As for the smell. When i first smelled it out of the tube, it smelled florally. It had the SLIGHTEST hint of that self tanner smell, understandable. I didn't expect this product to completely avoid that. But I was satisfied that I didn't smell disgusting. BUT as the day went on, it got worse. Which is why I didn't give this product an outstanding rating. The smell wasnt unbearable, but it was there, and I knew it. Not sure if anyone else around me knew it though.

All in all, I've used this product all over my body and even my face, and I don't look like a piece of paper anymore. And the smell is much more discreet than any other product I've tried. Mission accomplished.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I love this product! This new formula with SPF is leaps and bounds better than their previous non-SPF version. It has SPF 20, a really smooth consistency, comes out of the tube easily, has a barely-noticeable self-tanner smell (yes!!!), rubs in easily, and dries quickly.

What's the word that means the opposite of a perfectionist? Because that's me when it comes to applying lotion and self-tanner--I just want to get it over with. This product hasn't turned out streaky or blotchy at all on me, and that's saying something. I do think the color is a tad orange, but perhaps that's because I used the one for medium to tan skin tones, and I'm relatively fair. Despite that, I will continue to use this since it feels good going on, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes me look sun-kissed.

The tube I bought was $12 at Target, and came with a free mini tube of the new self-tanner + SPF for face, which I also love (provides SPF 20, non-greasy moisture, evens skin tone, and doesn't cause me breakouts). Way to go Jergens!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No