October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Hair Removal - Remington - i-light pro 6000

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have just completed the 3 sessions in 1 month. Not hair free, but the hair seems to be growing slower. Will update in the next few months.

So far I think it's worth the investment.
Update 8-17: getting some ingrown hairs.
Update: 11-23: Definitely working. I have a few "island" of hair growth but about 80% hair free. Amount 5 months usage with treatments to legs every 2 weeks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I have done 3 treatments (every 2 wks), and the hair on my legs is almost gone! I could see the hair falling out of my legs last night when I applied lotion. My underarms are nearly hair free also. My bikini is taking longer since I have to use a lower setting bc of the sensitivity (but I think I will just suffer through it this week). This has worked amazingly for me. I was going to pay $350 for my underarms alone at a dermatologist! This is convient, easy to use, and fast. I couldn't ask for more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for a little over a month. Don't be fooled by the marketing hype -- you will not be hair-free after a few treatments. However, it really can help to make the problem of coarse, quick-growing hair more manageable.

The main reason I bought the i-Light is because the hair on my legs had become thicker and more obvious in recent years. Even right after shaving, I'd see black dots from the hair beneath my skin and my legs would feel rough and stubbly. I've tried using an epilator, but it left lots of hair sitting beneath the skin where it could be seen but not removed and also gave me terrible ingrown hairs. I also tried waxing, which meant I had to let the hair grow to unsightly lengths between treatments.

After a few treatments, the i-Light slowed down the hair growth significantly and left my legs feeling smooth for days instead of permanently stubbly. My legs also look better -- many of the follicles show no dark dots. I have no idea how permanent this is but I will continue with monthly treatments to maintain my results. The zapping stings only slightly -- much more bearable than the epilator or waxing, and the machine is easy to handle. To me, it is already worth the cost of the machine and the bulbs as I can finally put on a skirt or shorts again without feeling so self-conscious. Frankly, I've paid as much for other types of beauty treatments with less impressive results.

The big problem I found with this machine is that it has broken twice already. The first machine I received didn't work right out of the box. The next machine I was shipped developed a problem after a month of use. Thankfully, both Amazon and Remington have good customer service and were able to ship me replacements for the broken machines. The bulbs also seem to last far less than the promised 1500 pulses -- they only last me through 1 1/2 treatments of my full legs and bikini line. In terms of time, it takes me about 45 minutes to treat either my lower legs or upper legs and bikini line thoroughly, and I still have to shave my legs in the shower a couple of times a week.

I've also tried professional laser on other body parts before. It's a lot more powerful than this but also much more painful and expensive. Because hair grows in a cycle lasting up to 2 years and laser or IPL can only treat those hairs in the active growth part of the cycle, be prepared to invest in a long course of treatments if you hope to clear the majority of the hair.

I would have given this 4 or 5 lippies if I hadn't experienced the breakage problem and if the bulbs lasted longer.

Update 13 May 2013
I've had this product for over a year but took about a 6-month hiatus from using it after 4 treatments, during which time the hair on my calves grew back pretty much as it was before. The hair on my thighs seemed a little finer and sparser as did the bikini line, but there was no dramatic difference. The hair did start to fall out again after I resumed using the iLight. I've done overall about 9 treatments on my calves and 6 on my thighs.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No