October 26, 2014 | 891 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by nanaad

My skin tends to be oily on the T-zone area, but since this product, it neutralise my skin that it's no longer producing oil that much. It gives balance and now my skin feels healthier and smoother :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by chewedcucumber

Saved me after some bad sun damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Michael0586

I initially bought his product about 3 years ago, my skin was going through a rough time and despite normally being oily was extremely dry, irritated and red!!

After a few laps around the boots skincare section I was approached by a sales assistant who after one look at my face and dragged me over to the avene counter (of which I will be forever grateful!!!)

This cream calms the skin immediately and after about a week my skin resumed its normal service, I initially used this ad-hoc when my skin was playing up or I'd used and exfoliate, but now since discovering the combination skin option I use it as a night cream.

I cannot speak highly enough about this product, or about avene as a brand, as I'm getting older my skin appears to becoming more and more sensitive and this brand (particularly this moisturiser) keeps my skin in check.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by qingdao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like some users I have red flat hive type eruptions,.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jagorkarinte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this after chemical peels of whenever my skin was dry and needed some extra attention. The first couple of times I used it I loved it and thought I'd found the perfect alternative to my beloved (but expensive here in Sweden) Dermalogica Active moist. However, after I started to use it every day, the effect seemed to wear off and I ended up with dry patches of skin. This is very unusual for me, and it disappeared after I stopped using this product. I now use Avene Cold cream after peels and Active Moist for every day use and could not be happier!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by debstarnes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super sensitive skin that reacts to just about everything I put on it. This is the one cream that seems to work for me. It works so good, that I'm a little concerned that it might contain hydro cortisone, which is not a good thing to use long term. I've tried to research one of it's ingredients "Parcerine", which the Avène website says is the ingredient responsible for the calming affect, but not much is available about it. If anyone can help with this query I would be most grateful :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second tube of this moisturiser and I've decided that it is now a fundamental part of my skincare repertoire. I use Retin-A a couple of times a week, which sometimes gives me flakies around my nose and mouth and I've been looking for the perfect soothing, repairing moisturiser to deal with this for years. I've also just started using a MaryKay Skinvigorate cleansing brush, which means I need a bit more moisturisation because of the exfoliation.

Over the years I've tried some decent, almost-there moisturisers that would work for a while and then not handle my skin on its worst days, some moisturisers that would cost a bomb and which I would throw out after a week's use because they would break me out, irritate my skin, pill under my make-up or do nothing to help my skin. It has been a very expensive, tedious exercise. Skin Recovery Cream is not perfect. It doesn't completely eliminate the flakies, but it doesn't sting, it doesn't make me red, it doesn't make me oily or break me out, it doesn't make my make-up pill or disappear and my skin feels hydrated. The only drawback I can see so far is that the tube is so small and Avene products are pretty expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product for sensitive skin types, very moisturising but not greasy. Perfect if you have had an allergic reaction/hormonal skin.Will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had two little samples of this which my dermatologist gave me after I told her I've had some dry patches on my cheeks. I just didn't like it as it's too greasy for my combination skin which is ok since it is a moisturizer for more drier skin, so I started putting it on only onto my dry patches and it would just sit on my skin, which explains the fact that it contains mineral oil.
I don't think mineral oil is good for any skintype so I don't recomment it even if you have dry skin, because you just don't need a moisturizer that will sit on top of your face! And even besides that, it won't make your dry patches any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on the recommendation of a SA to deal with my irritated, dry skin. I have reacted poorly to a few products and have been experiencing dryer-than-usual skin.

I've been using this product now for about a week and it has made a world of difference. It doesn't irritate at all, has moisturized and calmed my skin dramatically. It has even helped with an eczema scaly patch (flare up from stress) on my face. So far so good.

Time will tell if it continues to be a great product, but at this point I am definitely happy with my purchase. Of course, it isn't a product that contains the active ingredients one may want in a moisturizer, but it does its job of calming down skin. In a couple of weeks I plan to switch to another more "active" cream, but will definitely keep this around.