July 23, 2014 | 2002 users online

Blush - NARS - Liberte

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by miamarcakis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. It brightens my face with a subtle peachy glow. Really glad I purchased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little bit about my coloring: blackened-brown hair & eyes, NARS Fiji/NC25, Deep Autumn

This is one of the newer permanent blush shades from NARS. I feel that it may be one of the reasons why it doesn't get a lot of talk, or maybe because it is a rather intimidating color. I have an extensive NARS blush collection as I think they're excellent blushes. Liberte was one that wasn't on the top of my list to try or own. However, eliminating the ones that were way too cool-toned for me allowed me to take the plunge to try Liberte on at Sephora. I must say I'm a fan and that I will be purchasing this blush.

I highly recommend this if you are at least light-medium and warm toned. I can imagine this being too harsh for cool toned and pale complexions. I also think this is a great blush for Deep Autumns because it's what I would call a "bold natural" shade. It isn't quite as in-your-face bright like Exhibit A, nor is it subtle like Madly. NARS calls it a "burnished apricot," but I would call it a "burnished persimmon." The base of this shade is orange with a hint of red and brown. The brown gives it a slightly muted quality that makes it a little easier to wear on my lighter skin. Liberte is rather pigmented, but maybe not quite as smooth as other NARS blushes I own. I will definitely be busting this shade out this summer and fall!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A highly underrated product from NARS. I've heard from some that Liberte is best reserved for deeper skintones, though even as an NC30 it's one of my HG blushes. Once applied with a light hand, it appears on me as an orange-based red that glows and yet has a bit of a subdued quality to it. There's some shimmer, which becomes more evident in the pan after several uses, but glitter-phobes (and I'm one of them) need not fear: the result is a VERY subtle, barely-there glimmer. This isn't a blush that will work on everyone, but it's great for those with pronounced yellow to olive undertones, whether deep-skinned or not--the yellow of the skin makes this colour shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! It is so pretty. The best way to describe the color is a beautiful reddish terra-cotta. This blush is perfect for those with deeper skin. However, I'm sure it can be worn lightly by fairer skin tones too. It applies like a dream. A little goes a long way. But it blends very easily. Nars makes some of the longest lasting blush that I've ever tried. The only downside to this is the price@ $29 :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous glow. Looks great alone or with HAC on my nc45ish skin. Long lasting. Does not highlight my acne. Very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by maddieed

Quality of NARS blush need not be explained. It is fantastic and will not irritate skin but has flawless staying power.

This colour is breathtaking. My girl at sephora helped me to find it when I had described to her that I was looking for an orangey-tanned-terra cotta blush. A couple she had showed me were extremely over the top and looked like clown makeup. This colour can be applied to be dramatic or subtle and is perfect on pale or tanned skin. Great for contouring as well...all around a perfect day to day blush made by a wonderful company.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Ellety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved the warmth this blush gave me. The SA suggested it after she mentioned she tried that blush on another customer with deep skin and she loved it too! This is a color that I don't think will work on all girls, but it's one worth trying. *Heard Rihanna wore this blush at the Golden Globes this year ; )* Not that makes a difference, just wanted to share the knowledge!

Specifics: Warm terracotta colored matte blush. Smooth in texture, amazing color payoff, last for atleast 6 hours. Cost me $28 at Sephora

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by xKaylaKristina

This blush seriously took me by surprise, I usually don't like really red blushes, but I got a few tips on how to apply it, just using a little product goes a LONG way & the color stay on is amazing . I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an investment in blush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love nars liberte swatches it at sephora and all the way home I kept thinking about this beautiful color went home did some resreach and found out this was nars summer blush for some reason I got it and didn't use it now it November and I love wearing this blush for fall/winter it really brighten up my face its a peach orange gold color not like nars tai mahal which was to intense and shiny for me this is perfect and way less shimmery I love it its quickly becoming on of my favorite blusher

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

For Reference I am Nars Mont Blanc, NC/NW 07-10.

I am swapping away this blush today.

But do not think less of this blush for it being swapped. I love, love, love this color. I thought is was a beautiful Apricot peachy/orange. I personally thought the pigmentation was lovely. I had to use a very like hand, and it Blended into a beautiful glow using my Nars Yachiyo brush (I also got the same result using my Mac 116). It is easy to get a more dramatic amount of color with this blush, though if you are interested in a stronger Orange most people seem disappointed in this blush and prefer Exhibit A. I wasn't interested in something so strongly orange.

My reason for swapping away the blush is simply that the Ingredient Bismuth oxychloride irritates my skin. It is one of the bottom ingredients so the effects weren't as bad as some products, but it still caused breaking out. The one I am swapping I didn't use, I loved the color so much, that after the second time I used it, I went and bought a second box, because I didn't want to run out. Sadly, I cannot repurchase it again now.

If you like Nars blushes, this is a lovely one.