December 20, 2014 | 858 users online

Blush - NARS - Liberte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very happy with Liberte. I purchased this on a whim (ahem) online without seeing it in person and wasn't sure if it would be too dark for my fair skin or not. This is a deepened, rust colored orange with tiny microshimmer. When I first opened the compact, I thought this would be more suited to medium-dark toned skin, but it worked surprisingly well for me. I applied this lightly and it gave me a really healthy glow. It wasn't too dark at all and the shimmer was not visible on the skin. I used it with a bit of bronzer and it gave me a very "summery" look. This blush is highly pigmented and finely milled, and you don't need much. It also blends easily. This lasted about six hours on me before fading a bit and I reapplied then. The only downfall is the typical NARS packaging, which becomes sticky as the rubber material degrades and attracts particles of dust and fuzz.Due to this I usually depot NARS blushes. I love the look of the packaging and think it's very sleek, but I wish NARS would change it. Overall, this is a good blush to add to your arsenal, and I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

uraznbabygurl is out of her mind! light/medium is considered pale! you dont have to be a ginger to be "pale"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Along with Taj Mahal, this is a rather unique blush shade in the NARS line up. The color isn't commonly found among other brands and in my opinion it's one of NARS' underrated blushes.

Liberte is a great rust-red shade that is beautiful on the skin.I was advised by an associate at a NARS counter to try it. He insisted that it would be perfect against my skin tone and he was right.

I'm generally not a fan of red blushes and usually find them to be garish looking but the muted rust tone of Liberte compliments me so well and gives a glowing sunset look.

It's a blush that looks great against yellow, tanned complexions but I believe darker skinned women will probably enjoy this as well. Fairer women will need a light hand with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by BellaSkja

The most gorgeous blush I have ever tried in my life! My HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by miamarcakis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. It brightens my face with a subtle peachy glow. Really glad I purchased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little bit about my coloring: blackened-brown hair & eyes, NARS Fiji/NC25, Deep Autumn

This is one of the newer permanent blush shades from NARS. I feel that it may be one of the reasons why it doesn't get a lot of talk, or maybe because it is a rather intimidating color. I have an extensive NARS blush collection as I think they're excellent blushes. Liberte was one that wasn't on the top of my list to try or own. However, eliminating the ones that were way too cool-toned for me allowed me to take the plunge to try Liberte on at Sephora. I must say I'm a fan and that I will be purchasing this blush.

I highly recommend this if you are at least light-medium and warm toned. I can imagine this being too harsh for cool toned and pale complexions. I also think this is a great blush for Deep Autumns because it's what I would call a "bold natural" shade. It isn't quite as in-your-face bright like Exhibit A, nor is it subtle like Madly. NARS calls it a "burnished apricot," but I would call it a "burnished persimmon." The base of this shade is orange with a hint of red and brown. The brown gives it a slightly muted quality that makes it a little easier to wear on my lighter skin. Liberte is rather pigmented, but maybe not quite as smooth as other NARS blushes I own. I will definitely be busting this shade out this summer and fall!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A highly underrated product from NARS. I've heard from some that Liberte is best reserved for deeper skintones, though even as an NC30 it's one of my HG blushes. Once applied with a light hand, it appears on me as an orange-based red that glows and yet has a bit of a subdued quality to it. There's some shimmer, which becomes more evident in the pan after several uses, but glitter-phobes (and I'm one of them) need not fear: the result is a VERY subtle, barely-there glimmer. This isn't a blush that will work on everyone, but it's great for those with pronounced yellow to olive undertones, whether deep-skinned or not--the yellow of the skin makes this colour shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! It is so pretty. The best way to describe the color is a beautiful reddish terra-cotta. This blush is perfect for those with deeper skin. However, I'm sure it can be worn lightly by fairer skin tones too. It applies like a dream. A little goes a long way. But it blends very easily. Nars makes some of the longest lasting blush that I've ever tried. The only downside to this is the price@ $29 :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous glow. Looks great alone or with HAC on my nc45ish skin. Long lasting. Does not highlight my acne. Very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by maddieed

Quality of NARS blush need not be explained. It is fantastic and will not irritate skin but has flawless staying power.

This colour is breathtaking. My girl at sephora helped me to find it when I had described to her that I was looking for an orangey-tanned-terra cotta blush. A couple she had showed me were extremely over the top and looked like clown makeup. This colour can be applied to be dramatic or subtle and is perfect on pale or tanned skin. Great for contouring as well...all around a perfect day to day blush made by a wonderful company.