L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

3.0

on 3/16/2015 11:32:00 AM

I have issues with this liq liner. First of all, it was expensive for what it was and.. what it wasnt. I got it for $10.99, and if it delivered good results, I wouldn't mind spending on it. I'm trying to stray away from buying pen applicator liq liners because its harder for me to use. I only use the pen tip types for the ends of my wings to have a more precise line.

cons:
- formula: it does stay in place, but it's not as waterproof as it should be. it gives you that typical shiny glossy finish that drugstore liners give you. i do like a more matte finish.
- brush tip applicator: oh god, the brush tip is HORRIBLE. it is super thick and too much product comes out. i always have to scrape almost all the liquid that comes out, and still wipe some off my hand. my liner comes out too thick looking and not as natural because its not as pointed as i thought it would be :(
- price: since i wasnt happy with the finish of this liner, I'm not happy about the price

pros:
- the packaging: i like that it was the pot and brush applicator
- the pigmentation: it is very black and pigmented.

I wouldn't recommend this if you want a more precise cat eye. If you tend to create a thicker cat eye, you would like this.

on 1/9/2015 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

First things first- this is NOT waterproof. My right eye is very watery and always causes my makeup to smudge in the outer corner. After applying this eyeliner I checked in the mirror like 10 minutes later and lo and behold, gaping hole in my cat eye where it ran off from my teary eye.
Other than that, I adore the felt tip that makes for easy application and the color is a nice dark inky black. I can't comment on the price though, cuz I've had this for a while now and don't remember how much I paid.

The brush is so thick- unless you were immensly skilled at applying liquid eyeliner, this would go down the garbage. Which it did for me. It also comes out of the bottle with too much product, which i had to wipe off the sides of the bottle to remove. I couldnt control it to be close to my lashline so it ended up looking horrible. My experience with liquid eyeliners were around 8-10 bottles for 5 or more years but this one was so far the worst. When you remove it the product flakes and gets into your eyes and it's just gross. Compared to the price it's obviously a waste of money and i would rather buy an elf liquid eyeliner for $2 than this piece of garbage. Never buying it again, disappointed with the the whole L'oreal company.

on 8/25/2014 12:50:00 AM

I've been using this eyeliner everyday for about 3 years now, and this is my favorite liquid liner. I've gone through maybe 8 bottles. I absolutely love how dark and pigmented the formula is. It had a very shiny appearance to it after you've applied it, almost like leather's sheen. The felt tip is very precise and easy to use, giving a beautiful line. I sometimes have problems with the inner corner of my eyes rubbing off, but I often rub my eyes. It does last all day (even two if you don't take it off) and does have a high water resistance. I don't really like how hard it is to get off my eyes at night, but it might be because my makeup remover is oil free. My only true complaint is that the bottle always breaks when the product is starting to get low. I've had 3 that the blue lid starts to break off and all the bottles eventually are unable to close tightly. But I love the product and will be buying again and again.

on 7/11/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It easily flakes when first applied.

on 7/10/2014 2:42:00 AM

It is honestly one of my favourite eyeliners to use. It's waterproof, sweatproof and stays on the whole day for me. Sadly once I get to the end of it, the sides of the lid starts to crack. :( I recently purchased I knew one but contemplating to switch to an alternative brand because of this problem!

on 5/22/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good eyeliner for everyday use. But if you decide to go to the beach with this, im sorry but this is not as waterproof as it claims it to be. When applying this eyeliner, you have different result each time. Sometimes, its dark and perfect, sometimes watery and light and fading. I have been using it for 2 months ( but not eveyday..like twice a week) and i still cant get the perfect look. But its good money value. I bought 2 for $10.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't mind how glossy the eyeliner was, and I liked the applicator; however, I found the product could be very flaky. I have sensitive eyes, so this was a problem to me. I guess it could be okay if you don't have a moist towelette at a party, and just need to peel off your eyeliner (literally), but for the record, I will not purchase this eyeliner again.

on 1/16/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a novice when it comes to applying liquid eyeliner and this has become my go-to product for everyday use. I live in a very humid climate and it doesn't flake/rub off, the color is very rich, and the felt tip has helped me really perfect my cat-eye technique. I've even taken short naps with it on (BIG no-no) and I'd often find it in almost perfect condition when waking back up. Really great quality for a drugstore product, I'm impressed.

on 8/22/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

All i can say is: meh.
Pros: the brush is awesome and makes it easy to apply
Never smudges or comes off no matter what unless you wash it off

Cons: why the hell is this stuff so shiny when dry?
Have to put more than 1 coat, its kinda streaky.

Just go buy another product.