December 22, 2014 | 790 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it in conjunction with Avene Triacneal. My pores aren't as large, my blemishes have started fading, it gives such a nice glow to my face in the morning especially when applied at night. AHA's/BHA's are a bit harsh on my skin so I opted for a PHA product and it works amazingly well for my dry normal to oily t zone, sensitive and acne prone skin. Don't use too much or you'll flake. No scent, serum is very light and has no tacky feeling or any residue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When Clinique Turnaround first came out, and for years afterward, it was a powerhouse exfoliant. I remember being at the Clinique counter while people were returning the cream, complaining about the "flaking" it caused, etc., but, for me it was an amazing potion. Clinique then came out with a Turnaround lotion for acne-prone skin and, for the first time ever, I had a completely clear forehead. I know I have "resistant" skin, but this serum is so feeble. Even used regularly with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3, the concentration of salicylic acid feels too mild to exfoliate as much as I would like. I needed two pumps per application to feel like I was giving decent coverage for my face and neck, and I ran out of lotion in two weeks!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by plaidinator

Obsessed. Makes your skin silky soft for applying moisturizer and make up after. I had a bad breakout and started using this in conjunction with the clinique even better essence lotion and noticed a dramatic difference in the texture of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so surprised this product does not get more love from us older ladies. I am nearly 55, dry skin that has it's share of dullness, discoloration, and occasional hormonal acne near the jaw line. A long time ago I used Renova with good results, but the past few years it's been too strong. After Renova I tried all sorts of glycolic products, mostly high-end and found that they all eventually irritated my skin, causing breakouts, redness, and worsened dryness. A few months ago a SA at Sephora recommended this product to me. I thought it was pretty expensive, especially since I've tried to switch to drugstore products for most skincare and cosmetics due to my personal worsening economy. But, Sephora has a wonderful return policy, so I bit the bullet and bought it. A week later I assigned this HG status. My skin almost immediately looked fresher, and dare I say, more radiant! This product actually did what it said it would! Since using this, I have actually found that my skin looks good enough to wear a tinted moisturizer or BB cream without concealer, powder, etc. It actually glows. I have had no irritation from this at all. The serum has no fragrance. It feels like a primer going on, spreads easily. One pump does my whole face. It is not moisturizing, so I do have to put my regular moisturizer with sunscreen over it (I use it in the morning). Definitely would re-buy, in fact I did today! I encourage you older ladies to give this a try for a mild exfoliation that leads to a glowing complexion. Five lippies overall, five for packaging, but three for price. However, it is very much worth it to me! I buy all my other skincare from the drugstore, but this is worth a trip to the mall..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this was too harsh for my sensitive skin, it caused redness and irritation after a couple of uses. I should note that I have dry skin and rosacea, so I usually don't fare well with exfoliating products. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit confused with the name of this product as there is a similar one listed here on MUA, so my review goes for the turnaround serum in the pump bottle.
this is a serious life saver, period. I bought it a year ago when my skin was looking horrible, it had everything under the sun: horrendously large pores, pimples, oily and dry patches, grayness, etc. I would have never thought about buying a runny serum targeted at drier skins, but the skin analyser tool on the us website recommended me this, and after struggling with various other chemical peels I thought I would give it a go. And it worked, seriously, I cannot elaborate on this more. This is the first skincare product ever, that had any (positive) effect on my skin. I'm giving it 4 stars as the pump is not always working properly, and it is so outrageously expensive, that I simply cannot afford this. When I run out and cannot buy a replacement straight away, my skin is crying and dying (happening right now).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I have bought this numerous times and each time it's been completely worth it. I started with the Turnaround Concentrate which was a great product in and of itself and then it was discontinued but this one was released. The main difference for me is this one has a shimmer to it that is visible on the skin immediately. It's not too much, just subtle. It's great on freshly exfoliated skin and is a terrific base for a base, either foundation or moisturizer (I sometimes use Strobe Cream on top). I would buy again in a heartbeat.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Some background on me: I'm 33 years old and have combination skin that leans toward the dry side in winters and normal to oily in the summers. I don't get acne breakouts but I do have "lazy" skin that needs daily exfoliation just to look normal (I could never get by on the recommendation of once a week exfoliation - by skin would be dull and awful and just miserable looking). I do have sunspots (one in particular that drives me bonkers!).

Clinique's promise: "Fast acting exfoliating serum instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance. Reveals skin's finest texture, too. Works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that's brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time." (as retrieved from Clinique's website)

My personal experience: I used this day and night for months until the bottle ran out.

The texture is a thick fluid serum and glides on just like a primer (there has to be silicone in there). You can immediately apply your makeup over this and it will not cause those little "crumbs" (but of course, don't rub and scrub your foundation in too hard, because then it just might). I didn't experience any of the promised "luminous-from-within radiance", nor any of the other promises of "brighter, healthier, more uniform" skin.

My sunspots and freckles haven't budged. The overall tone and uniformity of my skin are exactly as they are prior to having started using this product. My skin is still dull and lacking in radiance. And now there's a speck of a dry patch on my cheeks (where the under eyes and cheeks meet - but this could be the fault of my eye gel - so I'll let it go).

Overall Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate hasn't delivered on any of its promises even after use of a full sized bottle. So of course I will not be repurchasing or recommending this product to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by gidigr

As soon as I started using this product, people gave me compliments: "you look fresh today, you slept well didn't you?" and "your face looks much less stressed". Indeed, I felt that my skin looked brighter and more even.
The downside of the product is its bottle. In the beginning, it came out as a homogeneous fluid that almost dried my skin. Then, it started coming out at times more greasy, others more thick, and more and more uneven. The result remained more or less the same, but I found it annoying that each day it looked and felt different. Not least, during the last applications, I noticed that the bottle almost spat out the product (although it was not blocked), leading to most of it landing on the walls...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xhellgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product.I absolutely love it.Makes my skin silky,bright and glowing.