April 18, 2014 | 1781 users online

Treatments - Clinique - Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so surprised this product does not get more love from us older ladies. I am nearly 55, dry skin that has it's share of dullness, discoloration, and occasional hormonal acne near the jaw line. A long time ago I used Renova with good results, but the past few years it's been too strong. After Renova I tried all sorts of glycolic products, mostly high-end and found that they all eventually irritated my skin, causing breakouts, redness, and worsened dryness. A few months ago a SA at Sephora recommended this product to me. I thought it was pretty expensive, especially since I've tried to switch to drugstore products for most skincare and cosmetics due to my personal worsening economy. But, Sephora has a wonderful return policy, so I bit the bullet and bought it. A week later I assigned this HG status. My skin almost immediately looked fresher, and dare I say, more radiant! This product actually did what it said it would! Since using this, I have actually found that my skin looks good enough to wear a tinted moisturizer or BB cream without concealer, powder, etc. It actually glows. I have had no irritation from this at all. The serum has no fragrance. It feels like a primer going on, spreads easily. One pump does my whole face. It is not moisturizing, so I do have to put my regular moisturizer with sunscreen over it (I use it in the morning). Definitely would re-buy, in fact I did today! I encourage you older ladies to give this a try for a mild exfoliation that leads to a glowing complexion. Five lippies overall, five for packaging, but three for price. However, it is very much worth it to me! I buy all my other skincare from the drugstore, but this is worth a trip to the mall..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this was too harsh for my sensitive skin, it caused redness and irritation after a couple of uses. I should note that I have dry skin and rosacea, so I usually don't fare well with exfoliating products. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit confused with the name of this product as there is a similar one listed here on MUA, so my review goes for the turnaround serum in the pump bottle.
this is a serious life saver, period. I bought it a year ago when my skin was looking horrible, it had everything under the sun: horrendously large pores, pimples, oily and dry patches, grayness, etc. I would have never thought about buying a runny serum targeted at drier skins, but the skin analyser tool on the us website recommended me this, and after struggling with various other chemical peels I thought I would give it a go. And it worked, seriously, I cannot elaborate on this more. This is the first skincare product ever, that had any (positive) effect on my skin. I'm giving it 4 stars as the pump is not always working properly, and it is so outrageously expensive, that I simply cannot afford this. When I run out and cannot buy a replacement straight away, my skin is crying and dying (happening right now).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I have bought this numerous times and each time it's been completely worth it. I started with the Turnaround Concentrate which was a great product in and of itself and then it was discontinued but this one was released. The main difference for me is this one has a shimmer to it that is visible on the skin immediately. It's not too much, just subtle. It's great on freshly exfoliated skin and is a terrific base for a base, either foundation or moisturizer (I sometimes use Strobe Cream on top). I would buy again in a heartbeat.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Some background on me: I'm 33 years old and have combination skin that leans toward the dry side in winters and normal to oily in the summers. I don't get acne breakouts but I do have "lazy" skin that needs daily exfoliation just to look normal (I could never get by on the recommendation of once a week exfoliation - by skin would be dull and awful and just miserable looking). I do have sunspots (one in particular that drives me bonkers!).

Clinique's promise: "Fast acting exfoliating serum instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance. Reveals skin's finest texture, too. Works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that's brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time." (as retrieved from Clinique's website)

My personal experience: I used this day and night for months until the bottle ran out.

The texture is a thick fluid serum and glides on just like a primer (there has to be silicone in there). You can immediately apply your makeup over this and it will not cause those little "crumbs" (but of course, don't rub and scrub your foundation in too hard, because then it just might). I didn't experience any of the promised "luminous-from-within radiance", nor any of the other promises of "brighter, healthier, more uniform" skin.

My sunspots and freckles haven't budged. The overall tone and uniformity of my skin are exactly as they are prior to having started using this product. My skin is still dull and lacking in radiance. And now there's a speck of a dry patch on my cheeks (where the under eyes and cheeks meet - but this could be the fault of my eye gel - so I'll let it go).

Overall Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate hasn't delivered on any of its promises even after use of a full sized bottle. So of course I will not be repurchasing or recommending this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this exfoliates my skin every night. It realy helps with the aging process by smoothing wrinkles and adding antioxidants every day. My skin is baby-soft in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by gidigr

As soon as I started using this product, people gave me compliments: "you look fresh today, you slept well didn't you?" and "your face looks much less stressed". Indeed, I felt that my skin looked brighter and more even.
The downside of the product is its bottle. In the beginning, it came out as a homogeneous fluid that almost dried my skin. Then, it started coming out at times more greasy, others more thick, and more and more uneven. The result remained more or less the same, but I found it annoying that each day it looked and felt different. Not least, during the last applications, I noticed that the bottle almost spat out the product (although it was not blocked), leading to most of it landing on the walls...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaY

great product. we should exfoliate our skin more often than we do. it is great to have a product to gently do that everyday so skin is always renewed and revitalized. It took me a very short amount of time to finish this serum so i wish it comes in a larger bottle at a more valued price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xhellgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product.I absolutely love it.Makes my skin silky,bright and glowing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use the previous version of this concentrate which was called Visible Skin Renewer. This worked really well for my sensitive rosacea skin with no irritation. I really liked it. I had just purchased 2 bottles when I found out it was discontinued. I used up my supply and forgot all about this system. Eventually I picked up the night cream which I really like and have reviewed on that page. Just recently I realized that there was a newer version of my old favorite so I picked up a bottle.

Bravo, Clinique! This stuff is great. My super pale skin shows red marks from previous blemishes quite badly and it seems like they never fade even though I wear sunscreen. But this visibly lightened the red marks and made my skin overall brighter and clearer, and is healing some existing breakouts - with visible results within a few days. All without the slightest whisper of irritation. It doesn't cause dryness or flakiness or redness. The texture is slightly heavier than the previous version but it is easy to spread and one pump goes a long way. I'm using the Turnaround night cream as well and they play well together. For day use the texture of this serum is similar to a primer - so it is easy to apply sunscreen and foundation products over it. It has a nice reliable pump that dispenses the perfect amount. Will definitely buy again.