October 2, 2014 | 974 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Big Sexy Hair - volume mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mcgfan

Bottle is huge and awkward to carry around. When spraying the mousse even 4 inches from my hair, it flies everywhere in the bathroom and I have to spend time wiping it up. It's also a little sticky on my hair. Would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not special I wouldn't waste the time and money. I loved the mouse bottle packaging so I bought it. Ehhh.

Pros: gives some lift - I held hair in sections sprayed mousse to hair and scrunched it in my hair

Cons: no matter how much or little you use you still have a nasty stiff feeling gross. AG cosmetics volume mousse is great and doesn't do that. I can barely get the brush to blow dry through sometimes.i threw the rest away and bought the AG cosmetics one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was ok it wasn't anything special. I liked the spray bottle but I would spray onto my hand then apply to my hair. It held well and the smell was ok. Overall everything about it was ok it wasn't anything over the top or extraordinary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mousse leaves my hair looking dry and dull. If I use too little, there is no volumizing effect, and if I use too much, I can barely run the brush through my hair to blow dry. I haven't found the right amount to give me volume without the dryness. It also leaves behind a residue, which makes my hair feel sticky. On the positive side, it will hold a style because it gives your hair a some texture, but for the price, I expected a much better product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh, no, ew to this stuff. I'm so glad I just got a sample size of it. I started out using a tiny amount of this just to see how my hair would like it, and it made my hair HEAVIER and FLATTER than when I use no volumizing products at all. It makes my hair sticky and greasy and I have to avoid touching my hair because it makes my hands sticky, too. It doesn't look gross but it feels gross, and it doesn't do what you want it to do. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by erovero

I love using this mousse when I want to wear my hair in it's natural wavy state. It doesn't leave my hair crunchy or stiff, but it has a good hold and control. It is a too expensive, especially when Costco carries it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, this product is expensive b/c it's big sexy hair. However, it works pretty good on volumizing and giving bounce. I would pick the hairspray over this though if I had to choose one. It works well with the hairspray, but it is pretty crunchy so I wouldn't use too much product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Isa1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is actually the worst foam I`ve ever used.

Quite expensive, sticky and does absolutely nothing for my hair.
I`ve tried much cheaper brands that works better.

This actually goes for all their products I`ve tried(heat protecting, hairspray, mousse, dry wax etc etc .....Will never purchase their products again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by leih

I really wanted to like this, but in all honesty, it didn't do what the name claims. I read a review that said that it leaves your hair greasy, heavy, and not at all volumized and I'd have to agree with her. It did nothing for me except have me wash my hair again to get this awful product out.

If you want volume, I'd go for Rusk Blofoam. It smells good, doesn't leave your hair crunchy, and it gives you all the volume you need.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Musique4DaSoul

I was SO EXCITED to finally buy a 'Big Sexy Hair' product.

I had heard that the company changed the product a couple times, but I was still excited to use this.

It sprays out kind of liquidy and turns into a foam. That's right, sprays. It reminded me of hairspray for the first few seconds.

It gives your hair a textured feeling, which is what I expected from a volumizing mousse.

Honestly, I have used Sally's Beauty store "turn up the heat protectant volumizing mousse'' and the mousse in that is much lighter which makes it easier to distribute through the roots.
AND much cheaper, with similar results.

I honestly like the cheaper results better....

I've only used my Big Sexy Hair Mousse twice, and I have that huge bottle sitting in my bathroom.
If you plan on using this product, find a way to try it out before buying, it might not work as well with your hair type as you expect it to.