September 1, 2014 | 1511 users online

Pressed Powders - Smashbox - Photo Set Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

This is the best powder I've tried. Many foundations and powders break me out (including those from Smashbox) but this doesn't. It can go on a little heavy if you use the sponge but with a proper powder brush you can control the amount. It makes your skin matte and flawless. If you put with a heavy foundation it's great for nighttime or for me as I'm an actress and have castings. But if you want something lighter put it over a bb cream or on it's own for a more natural look. These things never seem to last long for me but this one seems to hold its coverage for a long time. Colour wise it's great for my yellowy NC20-25 tinted skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyB94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was alright. I tried this out after using Rimmel's Stay Matte for years. It controls my shine but doesn't seem to last to long. I find that at the end out the day its looks chalky on my skin. I also find you need to use a lot of the product to set your makeup and to give you a "Matte" look. I think that this would work better for someone with dry skin. It doesn't break me out and isn't awful so I will be finishing it, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by reptilegrrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product managed to simultaneously sink into/gather around my pores, and also sit on top of my skin looking chalky. I also think that there is too little product in the pan, for the price. I had high hopes and wanted to like this, but back to the drawing board.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Kaitj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I would like to say I did not purchase this product but if you plan to please test it first! I put some on my hand to test the color which was great but this product creased almost instantly! Keep in mind hands have more creases than the face but it does crease... I talked with the cosmetician about what I was looking for (a lightweight powder that controls oily skin during work), I was looking at the halo hydrating powder (which I did purchase and love for 75 dollars) she suggested this pressed powder cause my forehead gets oily after 5 hours of work (which is normal) BUT I couldn't get over the creasing of course!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox has tons of great products. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them. I purchased this for $35 in the color Medium. I gotta say, this is perhaps the worst powder I've ever used. It does absolutely nothing for my skin. It literally sits on top of your skin because of how unblendable it is and worst of all, it settles into the expression lines making your face look cakey.

For $35, I feel like this was a rip off. The packaging is sleek and professional looking, but that's about the only thing this product has going for it. Oh and as another user pointed out, the powder puff that comes with the compact is indeed cheap and flimsy and it picks up very little product.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with this. Maybe swap it or give it away to a friend, but either way I won't be repurchasing this, that's for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a stand out product for me. I have it in fair. This did not blend into my skin. It was quite obvious that I was wearing it. Cakes into fine lines and pores. The "specially designed sponge" is cheap and flimsy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this pressed powder at my local Shoppers Drug Mart for $32- and I love it! I have dry skin and regardless of that I do need to use a setting powder for my foundation and because my skin is pretty dead, I do not like a really matte look. The finish of this powder is demi matte so it does leave your skin looking more on the natural side which I prefer. The powder lasted me a full 8 hours without touch ups. I apply the powder over my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation using patting motions with a powder brush for the least amount of coverage. I really like this powder due to the natural finish and the staying powder but it does have its cons. Unfortunately the powder is very powdery when I apply it with a brush which reminds me a bit of a loose powder which I am not crazy about though it does not impact the performance of the product. Also, the packaging is quite thin but very wide and not very compact which doesn't make it very travel or on-the-go friendly. Either way, this powder reminds me of why I sincerely love Smashbox. As a dry skinned girl, this powder worked excellently for me though I can not say how it would work on oiler skin types. If you have dry skin and are looking for a pressed powder give this a go!