August 29, 2014 | 1320 users online

BB Cream - 3LAB - Perfect BB Cream SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Smintie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with Cutie7 - this is a GREAT BB Cream in a sadly lacking color line. This BB Cream is a wonderful quality, nice coverage, lasts well, imparts a light glow without looking oily like a lot of BB's. It is almost like a foundation. It gives a poreless look and even skin tone. It has a healthy sunblock built in. The color adheres to the skin really well. And there is something about applying it that *feels* really great to the skin. I hate when I find an absolutely amazing product that I just cannot wear. It is far superior to any BB cream I have ever used except for one factor -- the lightest shade is too dark (and yellow) for me. :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful BB cream if you have the right skin tone and skin type. If you have medium - dark skin tones and normal to dry and normal skin this could be a good BB cream for you.

Overall I'm impressed with the SPF 40+ (titanium dioxide) quality, finish, coverage (good coverage almost similar to a light makeup) and lasting power. That said, the color choices come in: light, medium, and dark. However, light is too dark!! Light is very yellow based and more like a light-medium. I'm very fair, and you can definitely see the color on me. It's darker than the foundation I normally use (Giorgio Armani shade 2). While the finish and texture makes your face look somewhat airbrushed and poreless, I too am getting a few very tiny clogged pores. Most foundations will give me a few spots anyway. So, good skincare used prior to this is essential, good cleanser and light weight oil free serum if your skin is dry.

Recap:

Pro's
*longwearing
*good texture and looks good on the skin
*spf 40+ and titanium dioxide which is a good physical sunblock
*seems like this product would be somewhat water resistant as it adheres to the skin really well
*provides a glow to the skin without looking too dewy

Con's
* colors are too dark. If you're fair skin toned color 1 will be too dark for you. Color 1 is a light/medium beige with strong yellow undertones. Color 2 is slightly darker and a little more pink. Did not see Color 3.
* may be comedogenic or have an irritating ingredient which could cause breakouts for some. I'd say this formula is ideal for those that are 30+ or older and normal to normal to dry skin. It's hydrating and wrinkle minimizing.

PS. Updated 5/15/2012 - Although this is a good BB cream *if* you can find a color match, however for me the lightest shade is just too dark and yellow for my neutral skin tone. It wore darker and looked obvious. My daughter said "Mom you're wearing too much bronzer" so that made me discontinue. If they make another light shade that is "truly light" with "neutral" tone I may consider purchasing as it's a fabulous formulation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just added this product---will update with details soon!

I am very new to BB Creams and just recently discovered them since they are fairly new to the U.S. This is a heaping $95 pre-tax, and here is the website describing why this BB Cream is probably the most expensive one in the U.S. (I didn't feel like reiterating it all):

I wanted to switch to a BB Cream because I wanted something natural and healthy for the skin, yet with coverage a bit more than a tinted moisturizer and less than a full-coverage foundation. I have a few blemishes here and there and have super super sensitive and acne-prone (combination) skin. I get random breakouts here and there. I usually get oily in my T-zone primarily, but depending on the weather conditions, can be very dry as well. Foundation will usually suit my skin for a month or so at the most, and then the breakouts will begin.

I tried this BB in shade #1 (most people have it in shade #2). Shade #1 is more yellow and #2 is a bit more pink. I'm NC 25-30, and #1 was very sallow for me, probably due to the high titanium dioxide content, so I had to throw on some bronzer. I've now worn this for a week (I know it's not long), and liked it INITIALLY. This has a thick cream-like texture, and I used about half a pump for my entire face with primer and no setting powder. It gave my skin a natural "glow" and my skin was never oily throughout the day (my nose did get shiny a couple hours later, but not greasy). I wore this all day and throughout a 1-hour workout. At the end of my workout, I still had the BB on my face, but a few days ago, I had a sub and the BB cream rubbed off of my chin and pretty much disappeared. It didn't make my skin itchy or uncomfortable or dewy, and I didn't really feel like I had anything on. Coverage is light-medium, more on the light end. Did not cover all my blemishes effortlessly, but covered a lot more than a tinted moisturizer. If you layer this on, you will look too pale becuase of the sunblock. Did a pretty decent job of evening out my skintone. Good thing is that it didn't settle into any fine lines until about the 8 hour mark, and even then it wasn't a big deal. It has a fruity citrus scent that's lovely, similar to MAC's face & body scent, but prettier.

Bottom line why I would not purchase this is because a couple days later, it did end up breaking me out, and they were all underneath my skin and painful. I was reading that apparently, a lot of the Korean BB creams also make people break out. =( For a $95 product, this should be perfection in a tube. Four lippies for looking/feeling so incredibly natural minus the color mismatch. I'm now trying Sisley's Phyto Teint Eclat and will review that soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No