October 2, 2014 | 1344 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - 8 Hr Infallible Le Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cookiegirltoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this lip gloss. Fiery (number 305) is the perfect color, feels nice on, not too sticky, and has nice staying power. Don't know if it lives up to the promised 8 hours, but it's still pretty good. I've had problems finding it lately, so when I do find it, I scarf it up. I always use Lancome's lip pencil in Raisinberry (I don't use a real dark line, so it blends nicely), which makes the lip gloss look better. It really is a gorgeous color and is great for spring and summer.

Hmmm...something weird is happening with this lip gloss. L'Oreal has apparently changed the color of Fiery 305 from a soft rosey pink to a coppery/brownish color. NOT the look I want. Weird...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

These are quite interesting lipglosses; they have their ups and downs, but they are pretty good. The two lipglosses that I own of this line are Dazzle Me and Pretty Precious. I like both of these products; they are not my favorites by a long shot, but they are very pretty and perform well.
464 Dazzle Me is my favorite of the two. It is a beautiful, shimmery blue-based fuschia- not too blue-based, though, so that it still looks naturally pink. 462 Pretty Precious is also a beautiful gloss; it's a shimmery nude which goes on pretty sheer. In terms of color, both of these glosses are relatively sheer, but buildable. I wouldn't say that the colors build up very evenly, though. The glosses have a plumping effect on the lips because of the shimmer, which looks very flattering. However, there must be some sort of ingredient that irritates my lips, because it makes my lips feel slightly, yet uncomfortably tingly whenever I thickly layer one of these glosses on.
The texture of these glosses is really interesting; it is very thick, but buildable. It does take a while to get a good, even coat to apply since these are pretty thick. As for stickiness, these are sticky, to a degree; not enough to really bother me, but enough to feel it. On the bright side, they do not dry out on the lips and feel pretty comfortable. They also smell very nice, like tea, in a way, but with an artificial scent.
Do these things actually last 8 hours? No, unless you do not ever move your mouth after applying them. However, they do last longer than other glosses do and do not need to be reapplied as often. They do not last during eating or drinking and come off easily, but that's okay.
The applicator is pretty good; it is a pointed, teardrop-shaped, angled wand. You can't get full use out of it, unfortunately, since the stopper only leaves gloss on the very end of the applicator. The tubes are very slender and aesthetically pleasing. Interestingly, the tubes are smallish, and it doesn't look like you get a lot of product; however, the 6.3mL of product that is in there actually is more than a good majority of the glosses that I own. So, there's actually a good amount of product. The price tag is sort of hefty for drugstore; about $10 per gloss, but it's a good price for the amount of gloss. These glosses are worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These lipglosses have pretty much the same formula as the Giorgio Armani Gloss d Armani's. The l'oreal is 90% identical in ingredients. So it pretty much worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by kaylacdgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this lip gloss yesterday on a whim ... Really love it! The specialized applicator threw me at first, until I realized it was supposed to be tilted on the tip. The gloss applies evenly and easily, but is not a slick as other lip glosses I have tried. It wears an easy 4+ hours without fading, but removes very easily when you want to take off. I did not think you could make a better lip gloss, but Loreal has done it! I purchased at CvS and price was quite reasonable in th 7-8 dollar range.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by aka235

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This dried out my lips big time. Also, the tube is not sealed, so anyone can open and try it. Yucksville.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color Pretty Precious - a nude pinkish beige - is an exact dupe for MAC's Lip Gelee in Resort Life in shade. Resort Life was part of MAC's Lily Pulizer collection and was later released in the Venomous Villains collection with a picture of Disney's Dr. Facilier on the tube.

I like the texture of L'Oreal better than MAC. L'Oreal's gloss goes on a bit thick and then dries down. It by no means last 8 hours but because it dries down it lasts longer than most glosses. I regret buying the MAC gloss when this is a cheaper dupe that I actually like better.

It has pink and silver micro glitter in it and looks beautiful on top of many different lipsticks. It also looks great on it's on since it is pigmented enough to have it's on beigy pink color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

I'm not sure which color I have because it has rubbed off but I believe it is the watermelon crush. This is one of my favorite lip glosses and I am not a lip gloss fan at all because i hate my hair blowing and sticking to it, whatever.

I really wish I can give you guys the name of the color I bought because when I put it on bare lips it gives it a bit of a pink shade but with lipstick it just makes it glossy. I've had this for about 4 months now and although I don't use it on a daily basis, it's worth the 8 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by coffindodgers

I bought this on sale at Ulta for like three dollars, not expecting to like it much. Jeez, was I wrong. I have this in Pink Topaz, and it is GORGEOUS. The color is beautiful, it's not too sticky, it lasts three times as long as any of my other glosses, and it smells great.
I'll definitely be picking up more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by katiekiley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this gloss in Raisin, and it's an absolutely gorgeous color that doesn't change once it's on. It's natural yet saturated color and doesn't wash me out as many "natural" colors do. It doesn't last 8 hours as billed, but it does last at least three times as long as a normal gloss. Word to the wise - wipe the applicator against the top of the tube before applying or you'll get much too much product on your lips! I'd buy again simply because I love the color so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased this gloss in "Sangria" and like it so far. While it doesn't last the purported 8 hours, it does last a good four plus, in texture if not in tint. I like the colour a lot, it's natural looking and rich. The gloss sticks around for a very good amount of time as well. The applicator blush is a little flimsy and weirdly triangular shaped and fuzzy. I'm not a big fan. The smell is super-sweet as well - I personally like it, but I could see how others might not. It smells quite a bit like cotton candy. Overall though this is a good long lasting, very pretty gloss. Would repurchase in different colours.