December 22, 2014 | 1625 users online

Moisturizers - mark - Break Out Plan

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s Break Out Plan is an anti-acne gel lotion that features apples and cinnamon to purify the skin, reduce oil, and deliver a boost of antioxidants. I've been using several sample packets of their product, and do not own the full size. The full sized, 1.7fl oz jar retails for a whopping $18! Mark. products are made in the USA, and are not tested on animals. Mark. makes no mention of this product being dermatologist tested.
Packaging for Break Out Plan is a clear, plastic jar with a white, screw on cap. Much like Help Wanted, Break Out Plan features a pink Mark. logo written sideways, with the rest of the text written in black and red text. It's attractive, without being overly girly. It still looks like a skin care product that you'd take seriously. I've never been a fan of moisturizers in jars, I feel like I use more product that way, and it's not very sanitary.
Break Out Plan is a slightly grey tinged, clear, watery gel. As I mentioned before, the formula features apples and cinnamon, as well as salicylic acid, meant to treat existent acne, and prevent new break outs.
Mark. calls Break Out Plan's gel formula "lightweight". This moisturizer is meant to "reduce the appearance of redness associated with acne, while keeping pores clean and clear". I agree the Break Out Plan is lightweight. I've never used a gel lotion before, so I found the texture a little bit surprising and interesting. A little bit of this product goes a long way, which is great, considering the nearly $20 you'll pay for it.
I do not like how this moisturizer feels. After it sinks in, (which is almost immediately after application) it begins to make my skin feel very tight and and dry, which is the direct opposite of what a moisturizer should do. It's very uncomfortable, and it makes my skin feel even drier than before "moisturizing". That doesn't sense make. I should also mention that this product shouldn't be used in the eye area. It will burn.

Break Out Plan has an energizing, sweet apple cinnamon scent that is pleasant at first, but as you apply it, the apple cinnamon goodness turns into a gross, glue like scent. Do not like.
I don't recommend Break Out Plan, and definitely will not be purchasing a full size version, for multiple reasons. The $18 price tag is ridiculous. I feel like if you have that much cash to blow on a moisturizer, you should go to Clinique or Lush. Additionally, I don't see the point of a product that calls it's self a moisturizer, but acts like a toner. Perhaps this would work out for someone with very oily skin, but I have some doubts. Tell me if this product has worked out for you. I feel like Mark.'s skin and bath products are some of the highlights of the brand, but they definitely missed the Mark. with Break Out Plan