November 21, 2014 | 1720 users online

Eye Shadow - Sugarpill - Pressed Shadow - Bulletproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by prettysaysay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the BEST matte black e/s I own! It's a true black with no gray or bluish casting or undertones. Highly pigmented, minimal fallout. Not powdery or chalky. The best thing about it may be how build-able it is. Stays true to color without primer. With primer the color stays put the entire day/night with no creasing or fading. Carbon is a thing of the past!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

little fall out, very very black. the first time i used this i wasnt too impressed, it looks muted black or dark grey.

turns out that i just have to use more of it, because the upper layer in the pot is somewhat sealed or too compressed. you have to 'break in' this eyeshadow initially to show up of its full potential..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As young, I was (and I'm a little shameful about it) a little bit emo and of course I've used a loooooooot of black eye shadows, so I can tell you : this is the best black eye shadow I've ever seen! I'm really impressed. It's perfectly matte and easily blendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by roaringofthelamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down the absolute best black eyeshadow. Incredibly dark and pigmented. I can't recommend Sugarpill enough. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

If you like to do dark, sultry smokey eye looks, you NEED this color. It's the darkest, most pigmented black shadow I've ever seen. I have MAC's Carbon, and this honestly puts it to shame. I wear Bulletproof over LC's Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper, and it lasts 12 hours at MINIMUM with no fading. I'm very impressed, and I have several more SP eyeshadow shades on my wishlist. It was also very easy to depot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by jody34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A very BLACK pigmented eyeshadow and still as black once on the eye too.
To me, this also HAS staying power. This is what I use under my lowerlash line to line eyes straight from the pan, and it stays where I put it with depth of colour too, can be blended with still depth to it.. and I don't have to worry about needing to touch up to keep it 'black'.

FORGET THESE....
Mac Carbon = Chalky, patchy, not heavily pigmented on the eye and fades quickly.

Mac Typographic = Quite pigmented & good very dark grey, but too 'buttery' to use as a lower lash liner as it ends up NOT staying where it's put.

Mac Pro Wear in Soot - Similar to Carbon, just not dense enough either.

Illamasqua Obsidian = Quite a dense shadow on the eye, but does fade quickly, and also a 'brown' based black, so not black enough. Prob would be ok for wearing as a 'toned down' look.

Bourjois Little round Pot Intense Extrait No 10 = Not too bad for staying where it's put, BUT not black enough

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by May91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Matte black eyeshadow is a daily staple in my make up routine and I'm always on the lookout for a new HG. So after reading loads of reviews for Bulletproof and seeing Sugarpill's promising product description I was really excited to try this eyeshadow. But sadly it was a complete let-down.

Bulletproof is described as "Deepest matte black with extraordinary pigmentation and lasting wear", but it's none of that. First of all it isn't really black it's more like a light charcoal and it has very poor pigmentation. Even over my favourite primer (NARS) I had to put on several layers to get an opaque swatch. I honestly think that the pigmentation is even worse than that of MAC's Carbon.
Secondly it's anything but matte. The eyeshadow contains loads of green and pink microshimmer, which traveled allover my face when I used it.

Personally I was really disappointed with this product and I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Gobigania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised to read some of the comments here. In my experience Sugarpill cosmetics always delivers the best quality. I have Bulletproof eyeshadow and I can say that it is very pigmented, smooth texture and sticks to the skin very well. Does not have fall outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this shadow. it is the most pigmented black i have EVER come across. they give you a good amount of product for your money and it blends greatly. i will continue to use this black forever. sugarpill eyeshadows have never failed me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only used Bulletproof a couple of times, but I do like it. First I put down a black base with one of the NYX jumbo eye pencils then apply Bulletproof on top. I'm not a huge fan of the loose shadows but this is still a good one to have in your collection if you like black shadows. I wore it on the lid and blended MAC Soft Brown into the crease with Vanilla as highlight. I got a lot of compliments on it.