October 25, 2014 | 957 users online

Makeup Brushes - Hakuhodo - S103 Pointed Powder Blush Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For the price I expected this brush to be perfect. Mine kinda leans to one side which really drives me crazy. I thought I could get to be more symmetric after a few washes and drying it with a brush guard but it's exactly the same as when I bought it. It keeps its shape extremely well. It does have a nice point and it doesn't splay out. This brush does everything. Blush, bronzer, highlight. I've only put it in my purse once to do a friend's makeup and the edge of the bottom of the handle chipped! And the chip is getting bigger!! So upsetting considering hiw well I take care of my brushes. So the only reason I said I would buy it again is because I feel like I got a dud. It's soft enough but not the softest. But then again I'm spoiled because I have over two dozen Hakuhodo brushes. It's dense and picks up powder great but it's also easy to clean it off by swiping it on a towel a few times so I don't need to wash it as much. Oh, and I just have to mention - Hakuhodo has the BEST customer service. They reply to emails and really do a great job at helping you find the brush you want. I just wish shipping was free... even if you jave to spend a certain dollar amount, since the brushes are so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will review the B103. It has the same brush head as the S103 but retails for 72 dollars due to the different handle, which is glossy black instead of vermillion.
The brush is made of goat hair, which is soft and pretty firm, at least compared to the hair of the blue squirrel.

The lettering wore of after 20 minutes of use. It makes me regret not buying the S103, which I think is of better quality when it comes to the handle.

I use it for loose face powder, then I flick it of and use it for bronzer and contour powder. What I love about Hakuhodo brushes is their ability to grab onto product easily and release it just as easily. This fact makes the B103 a multi tasker. I've tried it for directional blush and it works fine, I just prefer my Hakuhodo large pointed yachiyo for that.

After washing it, a smell of wet dog lingers for a short while. It's only natural and nothing that bothers me. I use brush guards to help it remain its original shape.

This brush is the pride of my small collection and a must have for anyone who is economical (yes, buying this brush is an investment) and minimalistic, meaning, wanting a collection as small as possible.

UPDATE: After 10 months of use, it's still in perfect condition. This brush has seriously never shed one single hair. Ever. Even though this brush CAN be used for directional blush, as I wrote earlier, I would not recommend it. The tip may be pointed but the brush is still too big and it does not make it possible to work the blush into the skin, which is my preferred method. I also have to add that the brush hair has a healthy luster to them, like newly conditioned hair. Really shiny, and an indication that the hair used is not damaged.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Beautifully made red handle with gold plated farrel brush but horrendously priced. Shape wise, its very similar to the Mac 138, which I don't have. I wish more brands made more brushes of this shape, since it is PERFECT for contouring and highlighting. Very soft and retains its point well after washing.