Guerlain Rouge G Jewel - 62 Georgia

on 4/9/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow. I've bought luxurious lipsticks before, but Guerlain stepped to a whole new level. Rouge G lipsticks have been on my wish-list for a while, but the price has been too much for my wallet. When my local beauty retailer had a clearance and these lipsticks were half off, I didn't have to think twice before buying.

Texture/Finish: The formula is creamy, non-drying and very comfortable to wear. Iíve had more moisturizing lipsticks, but I donít feel my usual need to apply lip balm after wearing lipstick. On my lips, it doesnít settle into fine lines, which is surprising for a creamy lipstick. The color goes on to a beautiful even finish, which is slightly glossy. The finish is completely opaque. It wears well, around five hours on me, definitely the most long-lasting creamy lipstick I own. However, it doesnít survive eating or drinking and it transfers a bit.

Shade: Georgia is a rich, medium pink with warm undertones. The shade reminds a bit of a raspberry. It looks really flattering on my NC15 skin, it brightens the complexion, but isnít a bright color. I love how the rich shade and glossy finish make my lips look slightly fuller.

Packaging: I didnít know anything about the packaging, so I was very surprised when I opened the case and there popped up a mirror. Itís very handy because the mirror is large enough for lipstick application. The silver case is also the most beautiful one Iíve ever seen, it actually looks like a jewel. The downside is that the case is pretty heavy and itís prone to scratches.

Would I buy it again? Yes, no doubt about it. Iíve never experienced such a glamorous lipstick that is a pleasure to wear. I also love how it plumps my lips. I do feel that the lipstick is a little overpriced and Iím paying extra for the packaging. Therefore, I would wait for a promotion code, because I normally pay this much only for foundations.

on 6/13/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard great reviews on this so decided to splurge on one. Its a bit pricey but its worth the price. Great color and it lasts. It doesn't dry my lips which is a big plus. Comes with its own mirror when you opened it up. The only disadvantage is its quite heavy so you might not want to carry more than one in your purse

on 4/19/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Light pretty pink with a lovely sheen. The texture is sublime and it lasts surprisingly well.

Recommended for Medium Skin