November 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Crystal Eyez

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this eye shadow, no, let me rephrase... I WANT to adore this eye shadow.
For starters, CVS had it at 75% off, I paid less than $2, can't beat that.
Milani has several gorgeous shades, but this one spoke to me, so into the shopping bag it went.
This is a very versatile product. It comes in a squeeze tube (hooray for sanitary and convenient packaging!) that looks very classy. It's a cross between a gel and liquid product that can be layered for a dramatic sparkling look, or on top of an eye shadow for some extra glam. What lady doesn't want some extra glam?
But alas, this product burns my eyes like no other. Starts as a slight discomfort, then grows and grows till I wash it off. What a shame. I love this product to pieces, and it's wonderfully manufactured. Therefore, I won't give it a low rating just because of my finicky skin. It will probably work just peachy for others. Those with sensitive eyes however, be warned.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Dizzersz

I always apply this product over my eyeshadow, and it looks absolutely amazing! It's long lasting and easy to wash. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by GertGrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a lark at a drugstore for some holiday sparkle and I really quite like it. I picked up 03 Stunning & Sparkly, which is an intense gold color in the tube. It goes on very sheer, and while it's sparkly I don't think it has giant chunks of glitter, so it's wearable. I squeeze out a pin head for each eye and layer it over a champagne color and it looks fresh and not overwhelming. It's a gel consistency and I haven't had any fall out, which is also very important to me. It says you can apply, let dry and then layer more for a dramatic look but I felt that looked muddy. So, one light coat over a base shadow offers the best results for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Crystal Eyez is a new product from Milani. Crystal Eyez are gel eyeshadows with heavy glitter. I found these at CVS for $7.49. There are about 7 beautiful shades in this collection from purple to green and gold. I purchased a color called Lovely & Luminous which is a charcoal base with multi-colored glitter in it. I have to admit, these shadows look so much fun and so pretty in the tube. However, once applied, they are very sheer. These shadows remind me of those cheap little girl play makeup kits. At age 34, I do feel a bit silly wearing this shadow but I do love a little fun in my makeup. After watching youtube, I believe these are meant to be a base or topcoat for a regular shadow. Crystal Eyez doesn't look good when applied alone because they are too sheer and blotchy. Also, this shadow doesn't have good staying power at all. They are not sweat proof or water proof and they wipe off very easily. If you wanted to add omph to a smoky eye, this type of shadow will be nice to top over the lid or "v" area. Overall, I'm just not that impressed with Crystal Eyez.