November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion d'Ombre Long-wear Luminious Eyeshadow in Emerveille

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

After watching Lisa Eldridge use this shade in two of her YouTube clips, I knew I had to have it. The colour is gorgeous - peachy pink - and perfect for the everyday work makeup as it stays on the lids all day. The texture is moouse like and very easy to blend with fingers or a MAC 217. I've only had this eyeshadow for a few weeks so I can't comment on what others are saying about it drying up in the pot but I've read that if you screw the cap on tightly and store it flat and upside down, it would help with the longevity. Fingers crossed that this will help!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by LauraDonskoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must say, I bought this eyeshadow because of the gorgeous peachy-rosy color and satiny-pearly finish. I loved it at the beginning. It looked so fresh and subtle on the eyelids and was easy to apply. I even used it as a base for some other eyeshadows and it looked really beautiful. After using it quite rarely for a half a year only, it dried out and simply fell off its glass container! I kept it closed in its original box in room temperature, no heat or cold, when it happenned. I decided not to buy it again. I recently found a dupe for it, which is Armani Eyes to Kill #9. Hope it'll last longer than Chanel's Emerveille...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite eyeshadow of all time for across the lid. Sometimes I will even use it as a cheek bone highlighter. Matches my skintone extremely well cause it is not too gold or too pink it is that perfect in between, like a rose gold color. Lasts very well, does not crease, applies very easily, has got just the right amount of sheen but it is a bit expensive for what it is. There is descent amount in the pot (4gr for reference mac eyeshadows have got 1,5gr, so actually mac is more expensive). Mac paint pots are cheaper though and have got 5gr of product but the consistency is not as smooth as chanel. Besides mac has not got a roe gold shade nor has estee lauder pure color shadow paint. So actually the price is not that bad if you buy mac or other high end eyeshadows. It would be great if i could find a drugstore alternative. Maybelline color tatoo metal is similar but has not got a color like this one (not in Australia anyway).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Beautiful color in the pot, but its quite sheer. A little too sheer for my likings. I prefer more pigmented eyeshadows. Its very creamy though, soft, and very blendable. I wanted to love it but couldnt due to pigmention.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Lywchin

I don't know if this was just my one but this dried out in the pot after just 4-5 months! I always replaced the lid tightly, but now this is just a shiny peach coloured lump which rattles in the pot. I have to admit I really expected more from such an expensive product. Maybe it was a dud because everyone else seems so happy with theirs. Anyways the colour is gorgeous and it will definitely stay for 10hours. I will attempt to use this up but will not buy again unfortunately

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Stolen from my own Illusoire review, because it's the same information for all of the Illusion D'Ombres I posess: "This is one of the best Chanel products I've ever purchased. Truly, I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. My one qualm is that this is supposed to be a setting cream that doesn't budge, but I absolutely need a primer underneath this if I want it to last more than 4 hours. (My lids are normal, not oily.) However, I use a primer under all my eyeshadows anyway, so it's not a huge deal, just one little issue."

Emereville has become the true workhorse of my eyeshadow collection! On my NW15 skin, it's become that perfect, essential, "everyday makeup" color that is versatile, neutral, yet sophisticated and a little special. This is a champagne-peach shade with hints of gold and taupe. Some of the Illusion D'Ombres are quite glittery, such as Epatant or Fantasme. Emereville is more shimmery, which makes it ideal for an extremely easy to apply one-and-done color that is appropriate for work/professional looks. When I'm in a rush, I slap on tinted moisturizer, lid primer, Emereville, mascara, a little blush and a peachy-pink lipstick, and I'm out the door looking polished and fresh.

Emereville is also the kind of color that looks fantastic with a brown smoky eye. I love to put a heavy swipe of this on the lid, accent it with a cool-toned brown in the crease, black gel liner, and tons of mascara over well-curled lashes, and the effect is extremely sultry and sexy. Emereville also works beautifully as a base beneath other powder eyeshadows. It's truly versatile, and well-worth the admittedly hefty pricetag.

As always, I recommend storing these colors upside down in a drawer, making sure the lid is very tightly screwed on. I've used Emereville at least one to two times per week since I purchased it in October, and it's as creamy and hydrated as the day I purchased it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is soooo gorgeous. Very expensive but nice as a treat! I wear this alot even in the daytime because it's just so pretty. I've just ordered another one too because I love this one so much. The only problems I have is that It doesn't last all day even layered with eyeshadow, but perfect for a night out! Worth the 23 I payed, I even like the little brush they give you free!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel like this could have been more special somehow. I love these types of soft peaches that mimic neutrals but I don't think there's anything incredibly unique about this one. The color has some pink in it, which makes it more wearable for me than a peach that leans orange or yellow. It's good for a quick look in the mornings: just this on the lids and some mascara. Whereas the other colors in this line had a uniqueness of color and that gorgeous micro glitter, this just looks a little too basic in comparison. There's some shimmer but mostly it reads as a shiny, slightly metallic sheen. Plush, soft texture that spreads easily and smoothly and dries completely. Feels a little powdery once its dry and for the most part it stays put. It does rub off if I accidentally touch my eye area or if my eyes water. This particular color has a thicker, less gel-like consistency than the others so it's harder to build up and I find that I have to apply it in a thin layer, otherwise it leaves these thick, dry little cream particles on my lid that are impossible to blend out. Removes easily with my normal facial cleanser.

I have MUFE's Aqua Creams in Warm Beige and Pink Beige and between the two of them I think I have all of my long wearing peach shadow bases covered. Still, I've kept this because it blends so much easier than the MUFE versions and feels less drying on my eyelids. I wouldn't repurchase though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Vuitton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly, for me, it comes down to value with this product. Would I ever spend $40 for something like this again? Not in a million years! Yes, it lasts awhile, the shade is nice, and the texture is soft and very smooth. But it is rather sheer, not extremely long wearing, and I feel that MAC paint pots, L'Oreal Infalibiles, and Maybelline Color Tattoos surpass this product in terms of wear, pigmentation, and value. If you're into luxury products, then this really isn't a bad purchase. But if you're a frugal person just looking to treat yourself to something nice, I would pick out a lipstick or a blush instead.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is gorgeous. Chanel is a cosmetic brand that truly delivers. The color is similar to Mac naked lunch or all that glitters. It's a warm peach pink beige. The texture is amazing and you only need the thinnest sweep across your lids. It lasts all day without creasing or fading. It looks so beautiful on the skin.
I like this so much better than Mac paint pots or the benefit cream shadows or the mute aqua cream shadows. Chanel beats them all hands down. You get what you pay for here.

Go try it. :)