April 20, 2014 | 1644 users online

Treatments - Elma&Sana Moroccan Golden Argan Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I use this in so many things. I use it as face moisturizer, and for my hair as well. It is a dry oil that soaks in completely, but leaves a dewy finish. It looks great under my BB cream and never makes me feel greasy. I recently used it in a homemade lotion called "skin mousse". I blended aloe gel, argan, jojoba, and almond oils and it completely and almost permanently emulsified into a great lightweight moisturizer for the whole body. I love natural products, and I like to make as many as I can, and this is a wonderful addition to many of them because of the vitamin E content, and all of the other beneficial fatty acids it contains. Also, this brand is great, and there is no reason to pay the exorbitant prices for the Josie Maran.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by nanase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A few drops go a long way on my oily acne prone skin! I use this as my sole moisturizer under bb cream/powder and also at night on bare skin with tea tree oil. Absorbs well when used sparingly.

I've tried this brand and the much more expensive Josie Maran Argan Oil. Josie Maran is possibly a bit more liquid in texture, but it more or less feels like the same product to me and gives me the same results... I would definitely pick and recommend this over expensive brands any day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After all of the misinformation on Argan Oil vs. Moroccan Oil, (name brand) vs.oil type, quality, organic vs. non. my mind was spinning. Although Josie Moran received awards and very high ratings (here on MUA as well as in the beauty industry) I decided not to purchase based on cost alone. I am sure her products are of extremely high quality because her name is on them, however I believe that a good organic argan oil can be found elsewhere for a lot less money.

Vitacost had several brands available and after researching each, I found that Elma & Sana is very good, good enough for me and I'm pretty picky when it comes to quality. They appear to be an LLC, dedicated to quality and customer service and best of all the pricing is very fair. Their website (http://www.arganoilandmore.com/) gave me a lot of valid information about argan oil and said that they are dedicated to sustainable and responsible processing, which is huge for me.

The oil cost $9.99 for 1 fluid ounce, 100% cold pressed organic and is bottled in a dark blue glass stopper-topped bottle to protect the product from light and heat. I like the fact that the stopper dispenses drops as the oil is very rich and only a few drops are needed. It's easy to over-use this oil for that reason, so I have to be mindful of how much I'm using, especially when applying it to my hair.

Argan oil works wonders for my hair, which is long thick and wiry. It makes it shine like crazy when used with a flat iron. I don't consider this to be a heat protectant but a deep moisturizing treatment that it very good for the ends of the hair and over all conditioning. Unless your scalp is very dry, imo, this should not be used on the scalp and then very sparingly.

It's also very good on cuticles, dry skin, eyelashes, eyebrows. I have not tried it as a cleansing oil because I have not had good experience with oil cleansing and I think it would be a waste of the product for my needs. 1-2 drops is all that is needed for skin or hair. It's odorless, is light gold in color and absorbs very fast. I plan on adding a drop or two to a silicone product for my hair to see how that works. I'm hoping it will add more "oomph", since we already know that most of these products contain much more silicone than oil. I'm extremely happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to re-order.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No