April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Cleansers - Eminence Organic Skin Care - Blueberry Soy Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by cosmoastro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great cleanser! It exfoliates enough so that my skin does not clog up and breakout but it's hydrating. Most products for breakouts are to drying this is great! Wish the bottle was more travel friendly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm so glad I purchased a full size of this cleanser instead of just a sample. I actually really like this product! Came close to getting my usual md forte cleanser, parabens and all ::cringe:: until I re-checked my dermstore favorites list and came across this Blueberry Soy Cleanser that I had put off trying. It legit works so good at gently exfoliating my skin. Not harsh at all but still thorough. It smells really good and has a nice texture and appearance. My skin looks amazing even without much sleep. Smooth and shiny (in a good way since I have pretty dry skin). I can not say enough how awsome this cleanser is, and I can't believe I was sleeping on it as long as I did. A must try.
UPDATE:: I still think this is a good cleanser but I think I'd much prefer to stick with MD Forte exfoliating cleansers. This Blueberry Soy isn't potent enough for me. I'd still recommend this to those who prefer something more gentle and those who aren't clog prone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite morning cleanser! It's a decadent and effective lactic acid exfoliating cleanser. It works, but you have to know how to use it. As with most creamy exfoliating washes, I apply it to DRY skin. I let it remain on the skin a while, about 2-5 minutes(I do this in the shower), then massage with wet fingertips. By this time I can feel the lactic acid and enzymes working. Afterwards, I use my Clarisonic brush to finish cleansing, rinse with cool water and my face is extremely soft and clean. My usually dehydrated combo skin is left feeling moisturized. There is no need to use a wash cloth afterwards as it doesn't leave residue behind. It works synergistically with my morning routine which includes a moisturizing toner, Vitamin C serum, and a glycolic/mandelic acid serum. It DOESN'T work well with Retin A.
Don't be fooled by its yummy scent and texture; this is a real deal exfoliant that should be used with caution. I tested the pH of this cleanser and it has a pH of 2.5, so it WILL exfoliate your skin. Due to this, I only use it once a day. I tried using it 2x a day and it was too much for my skin. I use Avene Clean-AC hydrating cleanser at night before I put on my Retin A.
All in all, this is very nice exfoliating cleanser. I've already used two bottles and am about to buy another. I highly recommend this to anyone who has dehydrated, dull skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by usagi555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is ideal for normal to dry skin. However, I have combination skin that gets oilier during the summer and super dry during the winter. I've used this cleanser on both scenarios (during summer weather when my skin is oilier and during NY's brutal winter when my skin get super dry) and it has worked perfectly. It's creamy and gentle, yet it exfoliates effectively. I love to use it with my Clarisonic Mia and sometimes mix in some of Eminence's Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant. My skin has remained well hydrated and breakout free. A winner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

this is the only product that i dont like from eminence. its very drying and doesnt do anything much. the smell is good, the texture is very light. i dont think it cleans very well but rather more stripping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered a sample size of this product to give it a try. My skin is very oily, large pored and sensitive. While this cleanser did not aggravate my skin, I feel that it did not clean my skin as I hoped it would - it would be a better match for someone who had normal/dry sensitive skin. There are other cleansers in the Eminence Organic line that I prefer as a cleanser. However, this product smells delicious.