April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Treatments - Ojon - Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Love this stuff. Easy to apply, washes out completely, and softens and restores my brittle, dull hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the UK, this is ridiculously expensive at £34 per tub - I REALLY wish I hadn't bothered! The smell is awful, and I hate that the oil stains - I have to be really careful my hair is tied up and doesn't touch anything when I have it on. The worst thing is - it doesn't work for me! Redken and Kerastase are a million times better - this leaves my hair smelling dirty, and looking and feeling slightly greasy and coated, but not hydrated :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by alyssagianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't notice any major changes in my hair at all. Its not a nuisance at all to use but its too expensive for what it does. Apparently its worked wonders on other people, maybe its a hair type thing. Unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Miracle Product Alert!!

Backstory: I have mature hair that is very dry, just on the longish parts in the front (chin length in front). That is the only thing wrong with my hair, technically. I use no heat appliances at all - not even a hairdryer. The thing is, my hair is pin-straight, fine & thin - dare I say, borderline wispy. I always condition after washing, but really haven't bothered with a true leave-in conditioner in ages, & the result is that my hair in front has become straw-like. I always put in some Phyto 9 or jasmine oil or something to "treat" it while it's drying, & that helps, but clearly my straw-like strands needed ER-type help.

I decided to try a sample of this, and WOWZER! Silky soft, bouncing hair where the straw used to be.

My method: you're supposed to use on dry hair, but my hair is so fragile & parched, I thought it would never rinse out unless I applied it to WET hair, so that's what I did. (Some reviewers have complained about the grains left in the shower. Huh? If you read the directions, you rub this potion in your hands - less than a minute - until it becomes a silky oil, that is substantial enough that it doesn't drip or make a mess, and the grains are dissolved.) So I really rubbed this into my driest area, then applied lightly in back, where my hair is healthy & fine. I combed it through & massaged into scalp & put on plastic shower cap. Instead of leaving on for 20 minutes, I left it on for 35 before rinsing it out and shampooing with Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo for EXTRA-Dry, Damaged Hair! I did not add any conditioner after washing.

I could feel the silkiness as soon as I stepped out of the shower. When it had almost air-dried, I rolled in a few plastic rollers & when I took them out (hour later) I had beautiful, shiny, silky, bouncy hair. Yesterday I was looking at serious straw.

For what it's worth, due to the fact that my hair is so short, thin, fine ... I only used about 1/3 of the trial-size packet.

I will definitely buy this product & use it regularly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm...I have used the 'old' version of this (with the stronger smell and darker colour) and found it more effective than the new version. Although I do think it's still a good product, it's not as great as the original. The smell was definitely strong, but it did a better job of strengthening and softening my hair. With this version, my hair (which is very curly and thick) felt conditioned, but not to the same extent as before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this, it really works, turns my hair so beautiful and shiny but at the moment is too expensive for me to repurchase, I can handle the smell of cigars however sometimes it gives me a headache, there are cheaper alternatives to this but it does work as promised.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by exoticrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really love this treatment!

I began using it because although my hair isn't overly damaged (I never flat-iron and always coat my hair with product before I blow-dry), my strands are fragile from yearly chemical straightening.

This stuff left my hair feeling so shiny, soft, and smooth! If you're in a rush, it's so nourishing that I think you could even get away without using a regular conditioner afterwards.

It can be tricky to use - instead of applying it directly to your hair, you have to scoop out some of the product and warm it in your hands first to melt the oil. The process can be quite messy and time-consuming! But I found the results to be well worth it.

The original Ojon treatment had a dark color and a strong smell, but this one does not. It's a huge improvement from the original - you'll get the same gorgeous hair, but it won't stain light hair or irritate your nose.

This was my HG product for a long time. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it because of the breakouts it caused - but that is to be expected of an oil, so I'm still giving it 5 lippies! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Essentially, this is a thick oil with gritty bits in it that stinks like cigars and stale coffee. Was not easy to apply to hair and did nothing to restore or condition my fine, dry hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Leftie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the 100ml tub of this stuff, quite expensively!

Now, while it comes in a tub, the concoction arrived in liquid form. I do not need a tub full of liquid oil, it's extremely uncomfortable to use and gets all over. If you're selling a liquid, put it in a bottle!

The stuff did solidify when I put it in the fridge overnight... and became frozen. Really, I wouldn't have bothered with it had I known.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice deep treatment. Initially I was concerned it would be overwhelmingly heavy for my fine hair, but I used the entire sample packet on my hair and it conditions my hair without weighing it down too much (my hair is halfway down my back). It has a delicious scent, but I don't really like the gritty granule things that get all over the tub. A little pricey, but if you're looking for a natural hair treatment this is a good option. Personally I doubt I'd repurchase because if you're resourceful you could concoct something similar using plant oils.

Ingredients:

Elaeis Oleifera (palm) kernel oil, Elaeis Guineesis (palm) oil, rincinus Communis (castor) seed oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides root oil, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, serenda serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, dipteryx odorata seed extract, hydrogenated lecithin, styrax benzoin gum, benzaldehyde, limonene, linalool, coumarin, tocopherol. continued >>