Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Shading Brush

4.7

on 8/7/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this little handy brush and use it for laying eyeshadow on the lid. It isn't a detailer brush but it has a purpose. I bought it after I got the set. I think it should have been in the set but we can't always have our cake and eat it too. It is soft, dense and gets the job done. I have washed it numerous times and have had no issue with bristles falling out. It has a good weight and length. Best of all it is affordable.

on 7/24/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to pack on eye shadow to intensify my look. It is dense and picks up quite a lot of product. It washes well, doesn't shed and dries quickly. It doesn't stain, even after having used it with cream eye shadow. I apply shadow on the lid with this brush, blend shadow with base shadow brush and blend overall eye look with deluxe crease brush, all from the RT line. Recommended.

on 5/3/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This brush has become a go to brush for me in my everyday routine. Whenever I need a light wash of color I can use this brush to quickly apply it. The size of the brush is very small and if I need more precision for when I want to put highlight in my inner corner or darken up my eyes without going over board. I have a lot of eyelid space and I think it would work a bit better if I had smaller lids but it is a good enough brush to make me over look that. It really allows me to control how much product I apply and where I apply it to. I recommend this for sure if you have smaller eyelids because it will make it easier to apply shadows. The bristles to me are pretty soft and I haven't had any shedding with it either. Plus it isn't too expensive so that is even better.

on 2/25/2015 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I think I have found my HG eyeshadow brush. After using various eye shadow brushes from the likes of MAC, Bobbi Brown and Laura Merceir, as well as cheaper versions from the Body Shop (the old natural wood range I had a liking too), I decided to try this brush on a whim as I find I need quite a few eyeshadow brushes to accommodate the different colour eyeshadows I wear each day. Well today I used this brush with 2 of Bobbi Brown's eyeshadows and wow. I had zero fallout and the most perfect eyeshadow application ever. I would even go so far as to say that my eyeshadow has lasted much better than it normally does and I can attribute it to this little brush. I can honestly say that I cannot fault this product and I will be recommending it to all those who are seeking eyeshadow brush recommendations.

on 12/22/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have small Asian eyes with not a lot of lid space, and this is the first shading brush that I've found easy to use. It's great for more precise placement across the lid while not being so small to the point where it takes too long to do my eye makeup. I use mainly loose indie eyeshadow where the best results are achieved by patting the eyeshadow on instead of swiping, and this brush works well for the purpose. I tap off excess product, and rarely encounter any fallout when I'm applying. I've had this brush for several months and haven't experience any shedding, decrease in softness, or any misshapen bristles.

Overall, this is a great shading brush that is dense enough to pack on color while being small enough to easily navigate even on limited lid space.

on 11/13/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I rate this brush just as highly as all of my MAC eye brushes. I bought it on a whim for about $15 while purchasing the Expert Face brush and it's been amazing! It really picks up the product and packs it on to your lid, doesn't drop anything and makes precision a breeze. It feels incredibly soft as well and the handle on it is the perfect length, I honestly couldn't be happier and can't recommend this brush enough. I don't know why I was so hesitant to purchase anything by real techniques, they're my new go to!

on 5/20/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this in the travel set a while back. Amazingggg, I actually use it now for my under-eye concealer and around the nose. Have not tried it for shadow. I have very dark circles and the inner corner of my eyes is also very dark so the crease shadow brush from real techniques is too big for that. This is amazing for those are to reach areas, especially if you do your eye makeup first, which I usually do for smokey eyes/nights out as I use more pigmented shades, which usually have more fallout.

on 4/5/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of my go-to brushes for packing eyeshadow onto the eyelid. It picks up a good amount of product and does not shed. It's slightly smaller than some of my other brushes so it can be very useful for more detailed work.

This is a small brush with dense but soft bristles that I use to blend my eye makeup so I don't get any harsh lines.

on 2/15/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

At $5.99, this is a great buy! I have a small lid and I find that this packs on just the right amount of eyeshadow. I love that it's dense too so that you can really get the inner corners.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products