October 22, 2014 | 1520 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Shading Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Bought this in the travel set a while back. Amazingggg, I actually use it now for my under-eye concealer and around the nose. Have not tried it for shadow. I have very dark circles and the inner corner of my eyes is also very dark so the crease shadow brush from real techniques is too big for that. This is amazing for those are to reach areas, especially if you do your eye makeup first, which I usually do for smokey eyes/nights out as I use more pigmented shades, which usually have more fallout.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my go-to brushes for packing eyeshadow onto the eyelid. It picks up a good amount of product and does not shed. It's slightly smaller than some of my other brushes so it can be very useful for more detailed work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This is a small brush with dense but soft bristles that I use to blend my eye makeup so I don't get any harsh lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

At $5.99, this is a great buy! I have a small lid and I find that this packs on just the right amount of eyeshadow. I love that it's dense too so that you can really get the inner corners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect outer-V brush. Its small and dense enough that I can easily pack eyeshadow in the outer-v, but the rounded shape keeps it from looking to harsh which was my problem with pencil brushes. Its also the perfect size and shape applying shadow to my lower lid.

Few words of warning: Make sure you take a good look at where the bristles are packed into the ferrule before you buy it. The first brush I got had loose bristles that fell out after washing it a couple times and I had to get another one. The second brush I bought didn't have this problem and I've washed it several times now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this brush when I first bought it. It's a good tool for applying shadow without fallout. However, I learned that it's not easy to tap away excess shadow or glitter from the brush, and it's too imprecise and dense for all but the most basic applications. I like it best for washes of bright color, since the brush doesn't pick up too much product, but prefer to use other brushes for that purpose. Blending is just OK with the shading brush. Overall, I think it's a nice tool for beginners and those who need just a wash or two of color. I no longer use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really good brush for packing color onto the lid when you want intense color to be seen or for putting highlighter on the brow bone. If you have larger eyes you can use it for "outer V" defining, but I personally prefer the RT "accent brush" that comes in the starter for that.

It is really soft, doesn't shed (I have washed mine a lot) and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Yeah so this is supposed to be a shading brush, right? I don't use it like that. Instead I use it to blend out concealer. It's a dream for that. It's small enough to fit right up under my lash line and into that wonderful "bag" area where it's the darkest.

I'd recommend this whether or not you're going to use it for shading. You'll find a way to use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by angiegurl33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this brush I was skeptical because I thought it looked ridiculously teeny. But once I started using it HOLY COW it is absolutely perfect. This is super soft - like all the brushes from the Real Techniques line - so it's very kind to the delicate skin in the eye area. It is actually a fantastic size for working a dark color into the outer corner and crease, or for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner, or for applying a bit of highlight to the center of the lid to finish off a look. It's so versatile! Definitely great for smaller eyes but just a wonderful brush in general. It also washes extremely well with no shedding whatsoever, again like all the RT brushes, and keeps its shape like a champ and all for a whopping price of $6 (or less if you catch one of their many sales). This may actually be the first brush in my collection that I buy multiples of.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

I was so surprised by the performance of this brush. Its very soft, ideal for blending especially on the lower lash line. I can do all my eye makeup especially smokey eye with just this brush. I got 2 more so i don't have to wash it every day, love this brush.