November 26, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Primer - Prestige - Primed & Read Eye Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent eyeshadow primer from the drugstore. Consistency is thin and blends well on the skin. Doesn't last throughout the day; I found that my eyeshadows still tended to crease. Would not repurchase.

My HG eyeshadow primer is the Nar's smudge proof eyeshadow base. It is pricier but it lasts long and does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite primer. It is affordable, has better ingredients and lasts all day for me. I used to use Smashbox lid primer which worked well but has a tan tint to it that I did not like. The Prestige primer works just as well but is less expensive. I like this better than Urban decay or Too Faced primer also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sleepingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is an excellent alternative to UD eye primer at roughly half the cost. I compared ingredients, and the main ones are the same. I have used UD and loved it, but needed to get my budget under control so I purchased this instead. I do have oily lids and this worked as well for me as the UD. I put my makeup on @ 6am, and at 10pm the eye shadow looked as good as it does with the UD. I did have some slight creasing, but all in all, I am quite pleased with this product. The squeeze tube can be difficult to control in that sometimes I get too much and the product is wasted, but I have the same issue with the UD.

I have found that it is always a good idea with these primers, regardless of brand, to massage the tube a little to make sure everything is mixed well before using. I do not have any big ritual for application; I just get a little blob out and rub it all over my eyelid paying special attention to evenly distribute on the lash line. I wait a few minutes (about as much time as it takes to slather on some BB cream) before applying eyeliner and eye shadow.

No worries with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this primer! It's just as good as the Urban Decay brand. I love the packaging, the price and how easy it is for me to find it! I remember just a few years ago, eye primers couldn't be found in the drugstore! This helps my shadows stay vibrant and they do not crease when I wear this product. Wonderful. Would buy again. It's about $10.00 but there's often coupons for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by halerac88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used eyeshadow primers from high end to low end and in the-end they all have to face off with my 9 hour work days and oily lids. This primer to me is very comparable to Tarte's Creaseless eyeshadow primer, however, I find that my eyeshadow has lasted up to 10 hours or longer, did not crease or transfer, and looked as it did when I left the house. I think that this is an amazing eyeshadow primer and for the price ($10) it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

it does the job. no creasing after using it the whole day. i liked it more than urban decay primer potion. it is also more natural, no parabens!

oh and pat it into your eyelid with your ring finger. don't attempt smearing it/blending it in.

update: this actually doesn't pat in easily. leaves white crusty visible spots on eyelids. i like smashbox lid primer more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kookiekathleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fairly oily semi-hooded eyes and did not really like this primer that much! I really liked the packaging but I found the product to be super thin and watery and bottom line it just did not keep my eyeshadows from fading and slight creasing. I will use up this primer because when I combine it with a cream base (such as MAC paint pots or Maybelline Color Tattoos) I find that works it okay. I would not repurchase it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by NatN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very good eye primer. I have oily eye-lids and this primer helps my eye shadows to stay long and they don't crease. It's better than overhyped Elf eye primer, imo. The texture is thick and the packaging allows you to use this primer as much as you need.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This primer wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Some of my Urban Decay eye shadows faded considerably throughout the day using this product. The color was almost totally gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for this primer; read the reviews and everyone seemed to considerably like it. But, this primer made me break out so much! Breakouts would appear at the end of the day after I washed my face or the next day. I also had to wait for it to completely dry before putting on my foundation as it made even my liquid foundation look powdery or cakey. I liked how it came with the pump and you didn't need to use a lot as it spread well, but it made me break out too much!