November 22, 2014 | 1516 users online

Bronzers - Alima - Belize

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

It reminds me of soft focus warmth in Bare Essentials. I wish it stayed on better! Disappears within minutes on me. I like a cooler toned bronzer better and this is very warm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After three years of trying bronzers, I think I've hit on one of two I can live with. I made a separate review for Trinidad, which is the next shade down (darker) from Belize in the Alima line of Matte Bronzers. Again, I removed one point because I would prefer a pressed version of this product because loose powders are just too messy in my opinion. That said, Belize is perfect for when I'm very tanned (MAC NC42).

My biggest discovery about this shade was the fact that it has practically zero shimmer - I don't need it. I already have enough gold hue in my skin tone. Other shimmery bronzers just don't look good on my skin - either they don't show up or I look too sparkly and shiny. This is one of the two shades in the Alima line that make me look healthy and naturally darker in certain areas of my face. It adds dimension, but only slightly and it just what I need for summer.

I use a tapered kabuki from Coastal Scents to apply this and use just a bit in that "C" shape that Bobbi Brown recommends, sweeping it from temple to under the cheekbone. I also like a tiny bit on the bridge of my nose and in the bow if the upper lip. It's amazing to me how such a subtle shade can make such a big difference in how I look and feel. It adds just the right amount of healthy glow that we are all after these days. Best of all I can get away with using those little sample sizes and not the full because so little goes a long way.