By Terry Ombre Blackstar Misty Rock

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mica, Polyethylene, Lauroyl Lysine, Ozokerite, Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Lecithin, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Tourmaline, Pearl Powder, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

on 7/17/2015 12:11:00 PM

These Ombre Blackstars are my HG formula. Smooth, creamy and do not budge for anything. I use Misty Rock to line my lower lash line and sometimes as a top lid liner. However, I generally like the Wow factor this gives when I put it on the bottom lashes and then use something mild on the top. It makes my brown eyes sparkle.

Since purchasing this shade I went back and grabbed Brown Perfection. I was debating between Bronze Moon, and will be going back to get that one, but the Brown Perfection has a slightly different formula that I wanted. It has no sparkle, just pure pigment and sheen compared to some of the others.

Misty Rock most certainly has sparkle, not just sheen like Brown Perfection. Some people may be turned off by that. Don't be. Easily blended out and not as glittery as UD, Chanel, etc.

On me, NC15 in MAC and N10 in CoverFX, I mostly get a beautiful wash of purple that really stands out against my brown eyes. I don't really get a taupe shade that a lot of people have said. It reminds me of Toasted by Urban Decay, just slightly, for having an effect of changing colors in different lights. In more shadow it goes a dark mauve, in bright light it is clearly a purply pink.

5/5 for me. Just the price hurts my pocket, lol, but that won't stop me from getting a bunch more.

on 5/19/2015 12:28:00 PM

This is a gorgeous color for people with cool-toned complexions. It's a medium brown leaning towards taupe. It's great worn all over the lid and blended into the crease. You could add a powder crease color for more drama. It sets and does not budge. It creates no eye irritation for my sensitive eyes. In comparison with the Laura Mercier crayons, I like this much better. The only thing that would prevent me from purchasing again, which is very specific to my age group, is that it does have some very fine glitter which accentuates fine lines. But if you are in your 20s or 30s and debating about the expense of this product, this one is absolutely worth it for the quality of the color and application.

I LOVE THE SHADE MISTY ROCK!

I cannot be without this eyeshadow stick! The formula is super creamy, super easy to blend and the colour is just incredible!

When swatched I will admit this shade does look very glittery but I've found that if I apply this straight from the stick then blend with my MAC 217 brush that the sparkle fades a little and instead you are left with a beautiful shimmer! Alternatively if you want to keep the sparkly look blend with your fingers rather than a brush!

I also love this in the water line or under the eye, it opens up the eye area so so much!

The colour I would describe as a dark mauve purple colour and you have to try it to see how amazing the colour really is!

Only thing I would say is it is a little on the expensive side but if you've tried and failed with drugstore shadow sticks I would highly recommend testing this out, you won't be disappointed and it will last you forever!

I'm addicted to these shadow sticks. They blow every other formula I've tried out of the water. They last all day (even in the water line) without a primer or powder on top. "Misty Rock" is one of the most shimmery/borderline sparkly from the range (second only to "Black Pearl"). It feels weightless and glides on like butter. If I want a more opaque look I find it works best to build it up in thinly blended out layers. I apply it from the pen and blend with my fingers or a synthetic brush. While I wish the price was lower-- it's worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Amazing Product! I've been reaching for it every day in the last couple weeks. It's super easy to use, the texture is smooth like butter. It takes no single effort to glide it on my eyelids and blend, but once it sets, it stays like iron!
As regards glitter, I personally love shiny metallic eyeshadows. And I find that 05 Misty Rock - a purple taupe colour, is the shiniest one among the ombre blackstar line. The shine of it is quite complex and doesn't look cheap at all. So this is a big YES to me.

on 9/15/2013 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very easy to use. Is something some one like who is not very good with eye shadow should purchase. I love the colors and I think the glitter makes it very easy to apply as it is easy to blend to the skin and is not very 'edge sensitive', if you get what I mean.

on 9/11/2013 5:05:00 AM

Unlike the other reviewer before me, I tested it in-store and knew about the shimmer. I love it. I have these sticks in 4 colors and love them all. Smooth to apply, very long lasting and elegant shades.

on 4/16/2012 10:59:00 AM

This is a cream eyeshadow in a non-sharpening pen/pencil form that you twist up to expose the product. I took off 2 lips because 1) this is pretty darn expensive for the amount you get and 2) it's much more shimmery than any web-site states (which is why I wound up wasting my money).

The color of misty rock is purpley/lavendery/taupe. A beautiful shade, esp. for brown eyes or anyone that wears pinks/plums/purple. Goes one very easily and does not move. Bravo to By Terry for making a formula that goes on easily and stays.

Sadly, that's all the applause I can grant. The product is too think to use as a liner (or to get a thin line) and when applied on the lid and then spread out over lid to grease, it looked awful; mainly because of the shimmer. This stuff is simply TOO glittery for those of us who can't/don't want shimmer/glitter on our eyes. I asked HOW much shimmer this had as was told "just a touch in order to brighten up the eye". Bullshit... this is GLITTER. And so, I wasted almost $50.

If you love glitter, want a beautiful shade, a product that applies easily and stays where you put it, this IS worth the money.