The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/1/2015 10:54:00 PM

This is good for minor small pimples it calm it down without over drying or irritation the skin. The only con its expensive $10 for the amount you get only last 2 weeks because it dries out and you can't get all the product out. I did add a couple drops of tea tree oil to the tube to get the rest of the product out making its work even better but it turns the product slight white and more liquidy now it doesn't dry down so can't use it undermakeup. You only get about 5 more uses. It's the added glycerin and honey makes it a gel texture. It not strong enough for large pimples. I would repurchase if it came in a larger amount and did not dry out so fast.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really amazed at the bad reviews on this product! I've been having a lot of breakouts lately and the only thing I found that really worked was tea tree oil. But even with my oily skin, I found tea tree oil to be extremely drying where I applied it - leaving super dry spots that are impossible to cover up with concealer or foundation. When I saw that The Body Shop made a "gel" I was really hoping it would do the same thing as tea tree oil but be more moisturizing and it was exactly what I expected. I dab it right on the spot and my blemishes disappear with no dry spots whatsoever! No product ever worked overnight where I woke up and my blemish was gone but this stuff took the soreness and redness out of my pimple after one use. After using it 2 nights in a row, my blemish is usually completely vanished and dried up...again with no dryness around the area. I also find this product great for preventative break outs - if I feel a pimple coming out I apply it on the area and it stops it dead in its tracks!!

The doe-foot applicator is convenient instead of having to use a q-tip every time to apply the tea tree oil. I don't find the scent of this gel as strong as the actual tea tree oil which is also good. I got this on a really good sale, but I love it so much that I would definitely repurchase at full price when I run out. Don't let the bad reviews fool you...this product is great!!

on 8/2/2013 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this product when I first bought it, and it was fairly inexpensive. Worked well for about 2 weeks, definitely noticed a difference with my skin, then after about 2.5 weeks I noticed it was harder to get the actual product out of the packaging and after 3 weeks it had completely dried out.

on 8/22/2012 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this blemish gel in combination with plain Tea Tree Oil. While the application of this product is easier, the Tea Tree Oil appears to work better.

on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 AM

All this product did was burn and irritate my acne. I don't know what's in this gel that makes it different, but I recommend just regular tea tree oil instead.

on 4/15/2012 6:20:00 PM

I recently purchased this at Sephora and it was about $9, I tried it out and it worked fantastic! I was fooled that it didnt work when it was my moisturizer that broke me out. :( Anyway, the only reason I returned it was because it dried out and I could barely get anything out after a few weeks. But I will soon repurchase this!!

Popular Treatments (Face)