November 26, 2014 | 1575 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Blemish Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really amazed at the bad reviews on this product! I've been having a lot of breakouts lately and the only thing I found that really worked was tea tree oil. But even with my oily skin, I found tea tree oil to be extremely drying where I applied it - leaving super dry spots that are impossible to cover up with concealer or foundation. When I saw that The Body Shop made a "gel" I was really hoping it would do the same thing as tea tree oil but be more moisturizing and it was exactly what I expected. I dab it right on the spot and my blemishes disappear with no dry spots whatsoever! No product ever worked overnight where I woke up and my blemish was gone but this stuff took the soreness and redness out of my pimple after one use. After using it 2 nights in a row, my blemish is usually completely vanished and dried up...again with no dryness around the area. I also find this product great for preventative break outs - if I feel a pimple coming out I apply it on the area and it stops it dead in its tracks!!

The doe-foot applicator is convenient instead of having to use a q-tip every time to apply the tea tree oil. I don't find the scent of this gel as strong as the actual tea tree oil which is also good. I got this on a really good sale, but I love it so much that I would definitely repurchase at full price when I run out. Don't let the bad reviews fool you...this product is great!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by meaganjoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product when I first bought it, and it was fairly inexpensive. Worked well for about 2 weeks, definitely noticed a difference with my skin, then after about 2.5 weeks I noticed it was harder to get the actual product out of the packaging and after 3 weeks it had completely dried out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by whiskers94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blemish gel in combination with plain Tea Tree Oil. While the application of this product is easier, the Tea Tree Oil appears to work better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by michnich07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All this product did was burn and irritate my acne. I don't know what's in this gel that makes it different, but I recommend just regular tea tree oil instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I recently purchased this at Sephora and it was about $9, I tried it out and it worked fantastic! I was fooled that it didnt work when it was my moisturizer that broke me out. :( Anyway, the only reason I returned it was because it dried out and I could barely get anything out after a few weeks. But I will soon repurchase this!!