The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really amazed at the bad reviews on this product! I've been having a lot of breakouts lately and the only thing I found that really worked was tea tree oil. But even with my oily skin, I found tea tree oil to be extremely drying where I applied it - leaving super dry spots that are impossible to cover up with concealer or foundation. When I saw that The Body Shop made a "gel" I was really hoping it would do the same thing as tea tree oil but be more moisturizing and it was exactly what I expected. I dab it right on the spot and my blemishes disappear with no dry spots whatsoever! No product ever worked overnight where I woke up and my blemish was gone but this stuff took the soreness and redness out of my pimple after one use. After using it 2 nights in a row, my blemish is usually completely vanished and dried up...again with no dryness around the area. I also find this product great for preventative break outs - if I feel a pimple coming out I apply it on the area and it stops it dead in its tracks!!

The doe-foot applicator is convenient instead of having to use a q-tip every time to apply the tea tree oil. I don't find the scent of this gel as strong as the actual tea tree oil which is also good. I got this on a really good sale, but I love it so much that I would definitely repurchase at full price when I run out. Don't let the bad reviews fool you...this product is great!!

on 8/2/2013 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this product when I first bought it, and it was fairly inexpensive. Worked well for about 2 weeks, definitely noticed a difference with my skin, then after about 2.5 weeks I noticed it was harder to get the actual product out of the packaging and after 3 weeks it had completely dried out.

on 8/22/2012 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this blemish gel in combination with plain Tea Tree Oil. While the application of this product is easier, the Tea Tree Oil appears to work better.

on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 AM

All this product did was burn and irritate my acne. I don't know what's in this gel that makes it different, but I recommend just regular tea tree oil instead.

on 4/15/2012 6:20:00 PM

I recently purchased this at Sephora and it was about $9, I tried it out and it worked fantastic! I was fooled that it didnt work when it was my moisturizer that broke me out. :( Anyway, the only reason I returned it was because it dried out and I could barely get anything out after a few weeks. But I will soon repurchase this!!

Popular Treatments (Face)