April 23, 2014 | 1885 users online

Treatments - Mizon - Snail cream

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by 1nov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to try Korean skin care products so I ordered this online .. I tried it on my hands and it made them look darker ..
I will not buy this cream again

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with rosacea. This cream does not necessarily help aid any of those issues, but it does have a couple of redeeming qualities that make me buy it over and over again. I've used about 4-5 jars of this already!

[ PROS ]
- Light consistency that absorbs easily (not slimy at all)
- Helps my skin stay clear when it is not acting up
- Has no scent
- Does not cause any irritation to my very sensitive skin

[ CONS ]
- Does not decrease scarring or redness on it's own
- Is not hydrating enough on it's own even in the warmer months
- Packaging is a little unsanitary

I like to mix a bit of this with my other moisturizers (Langeige Whitening Emulsion or Clinique's Moisture Surge) just because it seems to help keep everything "normal" (i.e. no crazy breakouts).

As long as I don't find a better replacement, I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE this stuff!!! Not only did I hoard up on 5 jars of it for backup, I look forward to applying this to my face after every shower, every bath! I use mizon and philosophy hope in a jar, to me they are both similar in many ways.

I love the gory texture that quickly absorbs into the skin. The NO SMELL thing in creams is a big turn on! This product is seriously insanely great and I love Korea for it!

I have gentle skin, acne prone if I put the wrong cream on my face. This has changed my skin allowing me to be opened to other skin care products that are as gentle. (hope in a jar). Between snail cream and hope in a jar, if I had to pick one it would probably be this mizon snail cream!

Please dont be stupid and ignorant and shy away from it because it says SNAIL mucus. This stuff is awesome and will change your complexion!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't do much as a moisturizer but it has AMAZING regenerative properties, which is extremely helpful if you have eczema or atopic skin. Slather this on top of an eczema patch and it will heal VERY fast! It heals anything better than a steroid cream, plus it's safer. I had an eczema patch on my elbow pit that had been painful, red and itchy for 3 months and this snail cream helped it regenerate new skin growth over it in a matter of hours.

It did nothing for me as a facial moisturizer, but it is an AMAZING light alternative to a healing ointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All kinds of nasty in a jar. Has a few good ingredients (beta glucans, snail slime, HA) but for the most part its just fillers and polymers and PEGs and preservatives so it can sit on the shelf for years. Which is where it belongs - not on my skin. Caused yet another round of cosmetically induced acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

It's my second tube and I would say the result is just average as compared to other snail cream. The redness after a pimple is still visible for quite a while unlike other high-performing but expensive snail cream erasing the dots in just a few days... Anyway, given its cheap price I shouldn't expect any miracles happen to my face...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin type: Combination to oily (depending on the weather), easily breaks out, leaves acne scars that take forever to fade.

Mizon snail cream cleared my pimples, brightened my skin, and faded my acne scars! Of course not totally because I still get occasional breakouts before my period. But for when my skin is reacting to new products, or when I feel like my skin is dull, I exfoliate and put this on at night.

I still try new products from time to time but this is my default emergency moisturizer / treatment when my skin goes haywire.

I've tried other snail creams but I find Mizon best. It's got the highest snail secretion percentage at 92% and it's also unscented. I've had this cream in both the purple tube and glass tub packaging. I prefer the tube one- it's handy for travels. I believe the glass tub is the replaced the tube packaging. It's okay with me. Easy to see how much product you have left. You can also reuse the glass tub as it feels quite sturdy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Charmainecay

This is a miracle product. I've been battling with cystic acne the past year. It finally cleared up but it left acne marks. I'm almost out of my first tube. I can finally go out with minimal makeup. This helped me with my acne & fine line. Definitely worth the try. Got mine from an online store for only $5-6.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh hell to the no, ladies.

Firstly, I'm a skeptic. The ingredients speak a thousand words more valuable and accurate than clever copywriting. I fell for the honey-sweetened hype of snail mucin and its supposed skin-perfecting, scar-fading, pimple-calming powers.

I have extremely sensitive skin, probably aggravated by the humidity and heat. Logically, the product which supposedly contains ~80+% of snail mucin would help soothe skin right? Well, perhaps. Unfortunately, this product also contains hydrogenated vegetable oil, a comedogenic ingredient which will clog your pores right up, and badly.

The routine

Usually, my skincare routine goes like this: hada labo make up remover, followed by the hada labo oil-based make up remover, hada labo tamagohada facial wash, hyaluronic acid toner (taiwanese brand), laneige water bank eye gel, hada labo arbutin moisturing milk.

I tried the snail cream (thankfully testing it on the area right under my chin). I broke out. I counted no less than 6 pus-filled angry pimples.

To be fair the product smells mild, its texture light, and it is easily absorbed. I also have sensitive skin which will clog and break out. But considering that you wouldn't want to eat hydrogenated vegetable oil (which clogs up your arteries), you probably won't want to put it on your face and absorb it through your skin. And for all the healing properties snail mucin supposedly has, whatever benefit it is supposed to confer upon my skin is negated for want of hydrogenated vegetable oil.

Give this one a miss, ladies, if you have extremely sensitive skin. If you want to go ahead, it's your perogative. I have to mention I'm not exactly a fan of the packaging, since it is a screw-open jar. Each time you dip your fingers in, there is contamination from your body bacteria. It doesn't come with those little scoops you can use. On the other hand, just to be facetious, the glassware makes the product look expensive to my uneducated plebian eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by FannyFirdaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi i just try it for 2 weeks as my day and night moisturizer. I just notice a lot of small pimple pop out specially at my forehead and cheek. Will continue to use it till a month.